Convenient store stand-your-ground shooter charged

Y'all have your own opinions about this...and that's fine. MY opinion is the asshole needs some time out in prison for killing someone over something stupid.
Someone cuts in front of me at the super market. I was waiting for that space to park, but they just jammed in there anyway. Should I have run over them? No. Better yet....smash into their car once they are out of it. Oops. So sorry. Not.
And if that person approached me yelling and screaming, should I have shot them dead? Instead, roll up my window and smile. Then drive away while calling cops to inform them what I did.

You don't KILL someone over something stupid. If they are trying to KILL YOU, then by all means...kill them first.

Just sayin'.

Oh wow thank you for allowing us to have an opinion. hehheh

Defending your life is stupid?

Perhaps your life is so shitty you do not value it--- but most people place a high premium on their life.

Lookee here dummy the drugged up nigah was not shot over a parking space...he was shot because he assaulted a armed man.....now he is dead because of his stupidity and penchant for violence. He had been arrested for assault before.

He was in essence a worthless thug who was a disaster waiting to happen. Society is better off that he is dead. We owe Drejka for permanantly removing from our midst the pos-- posing as a human.

So say something relevant like what would you have done if you had been in the black bitches place?

You just can't be shooting people out in public if they're not attacking you or someone else.

Dude was backing away, bad shoot.

Now I had a black friend, he was pretty cool. I liked him, but he tried to rob a young white couple with a baby in a stroller, and the husband shot him dead.
I liked my friend, but he damn sure should not have been doing that, and that was a good shoot.

In a nutshell this whole friggin disaster was the result of politics. The police had investigated the whole incident and the sheriff himself said Drejka was within his rights.

Then outside political operatives came into Clearwater, stirred up the media and were able to bring enough political pressure on the political leadership to get Drejka indicted.

Clearwater, Fl. is a tourist town heavily dependent on tourists they did not want the media to spread the word that a innocent unarmed black man had been killed by a white man in Clearwater fl.....they feared it would hurt business. Thus they decided to offer up a sacrifical lamb...Mr. Drejka to mollify the media and prevent any loss of tourism.

Y'all have your own opinions about this...and that's fine. MY opinion is the asshole needs some time out in prison for killing someone over something stupid.
Someone cuts in front of me at the super market. I was waiting for that space to park, but they just jammed in there anyway. Should I have run over them? No. Better yet....smash into their car once they are out of it. Oops. So sorry. Not.
And if that person approached me yelling and screaming, should I have shot them dead? Instead, roll up my window and smile. Then drive away while calling cops to inform them what I did.

You don't KILL someone over something stupid. If they are trying to KILL YOU, then by all means...kill them first.

Just sayin'.

Perhaps your life is so shitty you do not value it--- but most people place a high premium on their life.

Lookee here dummy the drugged up nigah was not shot over a parking space...he was shot because he assaulted a armed man.....now he is dead because of his stupidity and penchant for violence. He had been arrested for assault before.

He was in essence a worthless thug who was a disaster waiting to happen. Society is better off that he is dead. We owe Drejka for permanantly removing from our midst the pos-- posing as a human.

So say something relevant like what would you have done if you had been in the black bitches place?

You just can't be shooting people out in public if they're not attacking you or someone else.

Now I had a black friend, he was pretty cool. I liked him, but he tried to rob a young white couple with a baby in a stroller, and the husband shot him dead.
I liked my friend, but he damn sure should not have been doing that, and that was a good shoot.

You live in a cave?...Drejka was attacked by the black dude. Too many coming on here giving their opinion without knowing the facts....just like in the Zimmerman case. Do you also think Z was guilty of murder?

Do think you know more than the Clearwater Sheriff who had all the facts and said Drejka was within in his rights?

Just sayin'.

You live in a cave?...Drejka was attacked by the black dude

Who then backed off when he pulled his pistola. No immediate danger, can't shoot.

In a nutshell this whole friggin disaster was the result of politics. The police had investigated the whole incident and the sheriff himself said Drejka was within his rights.

Then outside political operatives came into Clearwater, stirred up the media and were able to bring enough political pressure on the political leadership to get Drejka indicted.

Clearwater, Fl. is a tourist town heavily dependent on tourists they did not want the media to spread the word that a innocent unarmed black man had been killed by a white man in Clearwater fl.....they feared it would hurt business. Thus they decided to offer up a sacrifical lamb...Mr. Drejka to mollify the media and prevent any loss of tourism.

Pure, unadulterated bullshit!

The Sheriff is not a prosecutor.

Oh. BTW, I just checked! There is no Sheriff in Clearwater, FL. They have a Chief of Police.

Another massive fuckup on someone who supposedly watched the trial.

You are not only ignorant of the law on self defense you a exceedingly shallow thinker.

The law on simple self defense has always been based on the perception of the one under attack...if he 'reasonably' believes his life is in danger or that he may suffer grievious bodily injury then he is entitled to use lethal force.'

There is no reason to believe that he was not in reasonable fear of his life and in fact there is every reason to believe he was.

He had been violently shoved to the ground resulting in an injury to his right arm, causing him to be dazed and in a state of shock. The black dude continued to advance on him after he had shoved him to the ground.....why? Obviously he meant to continue the attack.

Fortunately for Drejka he was able to get his weapon out despite having his right arm injuredl,being dazed, disoriented and no doubt in a state of at least mild shock.

The attacker upon seeing the weapon come out was also shocked...he had sized up his victim on exiting the store and thought he would be a easy target--but lo and behold he has a gun...he recoiled at the sight of the weapon --backing up for a step or two but still facing his victim. He turned slightly but was still in striking distance of the victim. Thus still a threat.

This was all brought out in the trial but the jury must have been napping.

The victim with the help of his left hand manages to bring the weapon up and sight it....he did not have the benefit of a slow motion camera and did not see his attacker step slightly backward...his perception was that the attacker still posed a threat--one needs to remember this all happened very fast. And indeed it was very possible that the black thug might have decided to rush him. Not like it has not happened before....remember the black dude was doped up and in his state of altered reality there is telling what he might have done.

One thing for sure he had not retreated to enough of a distance to no longer pose a threat.

Unfortunately, the Jury did not appreciate how fast all of this happened....being misled by watching it frame by frame in slow motion. They did not grasp how quickly Drejka had to decide to shoot or not to shoot....and in fear of his life and or further bodily injury he pulled the trigger.

No basis to assume he was not in reasonable fear of his life after all that.

Thus the jury got it wrong

Now we see all this idiotic monday morning quarterbacking by folks who have not only the luxury of hindsight but also of a slow motion video and thus they also draw erroneous conclusions.

A terrible miscarriage of justice has occured and it will have ramifications as has been pointed out....essentially-- altering the basic concept of self-defense which has always been based on the perception of the victim.

Hopefully on appeal this b.s. will get rectified.
I guess you were too stupid to understand it the first time. :dunno:

Believing a person who is in retreat is threatening imminent death or great bodily harm; is not a reasonable belief.

You should have watched the trial...first of all Drejka had not seen him take a step or two backwards ...that was not his perception at all.........and the expert witness on how to recognize a viable threat explained in detail that what the black did should not be considered retreating...merely repositoning himself and presenting a smaller target by turning some what to the left.

The key point you are missing is that in reality the thug was still close enough to pose a threat to his victim...very close ...well within striking distance if he wanted to rush his victim and wrestle the gun away from him and then commence to beat him.

You cannot accurately predict what the thug might have done if Drejka had not shot him. If he meant to retreat he should have taken off running and he would still be alive today...there is however a big possibility he did not want to retreat but to attack again.

Again you must remember he was under the influence and not rational. No rational man will storm out of a store and attack a stranger for just being in a argument with his wife. A reasonable person would try to figure out what was going on....no not him he just rushed out and attacked ...no questions asked.

His perception doesn't fucking matter!

Again you demonstrate your ignorance of the law on self defense....it has always been based on the perception of the one under attack.....whether he perceived his life was in danger or not. Take a hike...read the law on self defense and get back with us after you have some knowledge of what constitutes the law on self defense.

I will do that after you. You still don't understand the difference in simple self-defence and the Stand Your Ground law. You are using them interchangeably and saying they are different. Make up your mind, twit!

Do you even live in FL or is this piqued your interest because you are a racist asshole?

I live about a mile from where this all went down...in fact on the same street. I know Clearwater...have lived here for years and especially I know its quisling cowardly politicans who are willing to sacrifice a citizen in order to prevent any loss of tourism due to a national black eye which the media threatened them with.

Oh. BTW, I just checked! There is no Sheriff in Clearwater, FL. They have a Chief of Police.

As usual you are wrong again...........Sheriff Bob Gualtieri -

Believing a person who is in retreat is threatening imminent death or great bodily harm; is not a reasonable belief.

You should have watched the trial...first of all Drejka had not seen him take a step or two backwards ...that was not his perception at all.........and the expert witness on how to recognize a viable threat explained in detail that what the black did should not be considered retreating...merely repositoning himself and presenting a smaller target by turning some what to the left.

The key point you are missing is that in reality the thug was still close enough to pose a threat to his victim...very close ...well within striking distance if he wanted to rush his victim and wrestle the gun away from him and then commence to beat him.

You cannot accurately predict what the thug might have done if Drejka had not shot him. If he meant to retreat he should have taken off running and he would still be alive today...there is however a big possibility he did not want to retreat but to attack again.

Again you must remember he was under the influence and not rational. No rational man will storm out of a store and attack a stranger for just being in a argument with his wife. A reasonable person would try to figure out what was going on....no not him he just rushed out and attacked ...no questions asked.

His perception doesn't fucking matter!

Again you demonstrate your ignorance of the law on self defense....it has always been based on the perception of the one under attack.....whether he perceived his life was in danger or not. Take a hike...read the law on self defense and get back with us after you have some knowledge of what constitutes the law on self defense.

I will do that after you. You still don't understand the difference in simple self-defence and the Stand Your Ground law. You are using them interchangeably and saying they are different. Make up your mind, twit!

Do you even live in FL or is this piqued your interest because you are a racist asshole?

I live about a mile from where this all went down...in fact on the same street. I know Clearwater...have lived here for years and especially I know its quisling cowardly politicans who are willing to sacrifice a citizen in order to prevent any loss of tourism due to a national black eye which the media threatened them with.

I guess it is time for you to run for office! Maybe you can muster up enough mentally retarded individuals like yourself who can still vote!

Your campaign slogan can be "Retards Unite!"

Hey racist retard. YOU are wrong!

That is the COUNTY SHERIFF dumbass! Not Clearwater!

How long have you lived in FL and yet you don't know how the government is organized?

LOLOL

What make you think an appeal is going to alter the video showing McGlockton retreating?
Everyone notice that I said no such thing. This lying garbage is just spinning and deflecting like always.
I didn't say you said it. Jeez, you're a freaking moron. :eusa_doh:

I asked you what is going to change the outcome since he was convicted on the video evidence showing McGlockton was retreating.

Sadly, you couldn't answer and gave that retarded response instead. :cuckoo:

You are not only ignorant of the law on self defense you a exceedingly shallow thinker.

The law on simple self defense has always been based on the perception of the one under attack...if he 'reasonably' believes his life is in danger or that he may suffer grievious bodily injury then he is entitled to use lethal force.'

There is no reason to believe that he was not in reasonable fear of his life and in fact there is every reason to believe he was.

He had been violently shoved to the ground resulting in an injury to his right arm, causing him to be dazed and in a state of shock. The black dude continued to advance on him after he had shoved him to the ground.....why? Obviously he meant to continue the attack.

Fortunately for Drejka he was able to get his weapon out despite having his right arm injuredl,being dazed, disoriented and no doubt in a state of at least mild shock.

The attacker upon seeing the weapon come out was also shocked...he had sized up his victim on exiting the store and thought he would be a easy target--but lo and behold he has a gun...he recoiled at the sight of the weapon --backing up for a step or two but still facing his victim. He turned slightly but was still in striking distance of the victim. Thus still a threat.

The victim with the help of his left hand manages to bring the weapon up and sight it....he did not have the benefit of a slow motion camera and did not see his attacker step slightly backward...his perception was that the attacker still posed a threat--one needs to remember this all happened very fast. And indeed it was very possible that the black thug might have decided to rush him. Not like it has not happened before....remember the black dude was doped up and in his state of altered reality there is telling what he might have done.

One thing for sure he had not retreated to enough of a distance to no longer pose a threat.

Unfortunately, the Jury did not appreciate how fast all of this happened....being misled by watching it frame by frame in slow motion. They did not grasp how quickly Drejka had to decide to shoot or not to shoot....and in fear of his life and or further bodily injury he pulled the trigger.

Now we see all this idiotic monday morning quarterbacking by folks who have not only the luxury of hindsight but also of a slow motion video and thus they also draw erroneous conclusions.

A terrible miscarriage of justice has occured and it will have ramifications as has been pointed out....essentially-- altering the basic concept of self-defense which has always been based on the perception of the victim.

Sorry, I just don't believe a word you're saying. I'm watching the video and seeing for myself something vastly different than what you're describing...

1:46 - McGlockton shoves Drejka, knocking him to the ground

1:48 - Drejka sits up and is looking directly at McGlockton

1:49 - Drejka, still looking at McGlockton, reaches into his clothes. McGlockton sees this and takes 2 steps backwards.

1:50 - Drejka pulls out a gun while still looking at McGlockton. McGlockton takes 2 mores steps backwards

1:51 - McGlockton turns away from Drejka to his right

1:52 - Drejka shoots McGlockton on his left side.

From the time Drejka sat up until he shot McGlockton, he never once took his eyes off of him. So your claim that "Drejka had not seen him take a step or two backwards," is pure bullshit. What the video shows is Drejka watching McGlockton as he took 4 steps backwards and began turning away from him over a period of about 4 seconds. And the claim McGlockton was possibly repositioning himself to lunge at Drejka doesn't fly, in my opinion; since Drejka had his gun trained on McGlockton, who was about 10 feet away and walking backwards. Drejka would still have had ample opportunity to shoot McGlockton had he lunged at him.

How long have you lived in FL and yet you don't know how the government is organized?

Yes...he is the sheriff of Pinellas county....Clearwater is in Pinellas county.

Everyone notice that I said no such thing. This lying garbage is just spinning and deflecting like always.

I asked you what is going to change the outcome since he was convicted on the video evidence showing McGlockton was retreating.

Sorry, I just don't believe a word you're saying. I'm watching the video and seeing for myself something vastly different than what you're describing...

1:49 - Drejka, still looking at McGlockton, reaches into his clothes. McGlockton sees this and takes 2 steps backwards.

1:50 - Drejka pulls out a gun while still looking at McGlockton. McGlockton takes 2 mores steps backwards

From the time Drejka sat up until he shot McGlockton, he never once took his eyes off of him. So your claim that "Drejka had not seen him take a step or two backwards," is pure bullshit. What the video shows is Drejka watching McGlockton as he took 4 steps backwards and began turning away from him over a period of about 4 seconds. And the claim McGlockton was possibly repositioning himself to lunge at Drejka doesn't fly, in my opinion; since Drejka had his gun trained on McGlockton, who was about 10 feet away and walking backwards. Drejka would still have had ample opportunity to shoot McGlockton had he lunged at him.

There is a lot that video doesn't show and that is what the appeal will center on.

I am merely telling you what the law says. The law grants the defendant the legal right to use deadly force if he felt his life was in danger and or that he might suffer grievious bodily harm. Yet so many seem unable to grasp that???
No, you are doing more than that. You are also deciding the jury will find he acted in self defense according to the law. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a hung jury in this case. Regardless, you’re ignoringe that McGlockton was retreating when he was shot. You’re also ignoring the results from the 3D scanner which determined McGlockton was no less than 10 feet away from Drejka when he was shot. If that evidence is presented in court, I can see at least some of the jurors deciding there was no reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm at the moment Drejka pulled the trigger.

Get real boyo, I have no power to decide anything in regards to what the jury will do. I am merely saying I do not think they will be able to convict and yes there very well could be a hung jury because they will have to have at least a couple of negroes on it.

It really does not matter that the black guy took a step or two backward when he saw the pistol come out.. I would not call that 'retreating' I would call it a reaction of supprise at seeing the pistol. Kinda like when you touch a hot stove and jerk your hand back.

Retreating to me means that he is definitely not going to do anything else as in it is over for him. That is a matter of conjecture---maybe it was maybe it was not. No one really knows. Nor can anyone possibly know that.

Also...it is very likely perhaps even probable that the white guy did not even notice the black guy took a step or so backwards....remember he was totally supprised at being violently attacked...perhaps in a little bit of shock as he did not even see the black guy coming. However he quickly realized he was on the ground with a black dude hovering near by. I think most would be in fear of their life and or at least in fear of great bodily harm at that point...hence he reached for his weapon and then aimed and fired...all his
attention being on the target and aiming and getting off the round quickly. That is a key factor how quickly the shooter had to react to defend his life and limb. How quickly he had to make a decision to shoot.

Also...something else to consider--say the white guy did not shoot but simply pointed the pistol at the black guy. What would have then happened we do not know...and we must look at this from the shooters view point--he was on the ground with a black guy very close--6 to 10 ft. is very close. He really did not know what he was up against or what the black guy was capable of or what he might do next. He did know he had been violently attacked for no reason and that he was on the ground in a very vulnurable position, he was in a black neighborhood with the g/f also close by and she had already gone ballistic on him--so either one or both of them could have rushed him. Covering a distance of 6 to 10 ft. can be done extremely quickly.

Also we must consider what the black guy might have or might not have done....remember he had a history of being arrested for assault and battery. So, let us say the pistol comes up but the white guy does not shoot...what next? Well, when the black guy realizes the white guy does not
appear to be going to shoot him...he will most likely engage him in some sort of conversation...like...whats up dude? What you pointing dat pistol at me for? All the time trying to get a fix on or read the guy as in will he shoot or is he too big a coward to shoot me...sumptin like dat. Perhaps maneuvering even closer whilst engaging the white guy verbally. And, we must remember he had been arrested for assault before so that seems to indicate he had a violent nature.

Thus in a nutshell we can only conjecture at what might have happened if the white guy did not shoot...he was the one who had to make an extremely
fast decision, it was his life on the line. He chose to shoot...I do not think it can be denied that he was in reasonable fear of his life.

Also, a big mistake a lot of folks make is to think that violently prone people are logical, too often they are governed by emotion not logic and anyone familiar with these sorts of scenarios knows it is not uncommon for the perp to get even angrier when someone pulls a pistol on him. So this erroneous belief some have that just because a perp has a pistol aimed at him he is going to give up...maybe in some cases, maybe in even most cases...but not so in all cases. And if your life is on the line...should you gamble the perp is going to be logical and reasonable...especially when he has already violently attacked you for no reason? I don't think
so. It was as they say...a good shoot.

Thus I see no conviction.
"It really does not matter that the black guy took a step or two backward when he saw the pistol come out.. I would not call that 'retreating' I would call it a reaction of supprise at seeing the pistol. Kinda like when you touch a hot stove and jerk your hand back."

The jury called it retreating.

But surveillance video shows McGlockton taking several steps back in the moments before the fatal shot -- a point on which police have challenged Drejka.

"Thus I see no conviction."

Yet one more thing you're wrong about...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-man-found-guilty-of-manslaughter-in-stand-your-ground-trial/ar-AAGeyht?ocid=spartanntp]Michael Drejka found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Your Ground' trial
The appeal will be sure to get an impartial judge that will actually allow the defense some room and it will be overturned so you bloody ghouls will have to jerk to some other miscarriage of justice.

Hey peckerhead, the defense does even get to present evidence in an appeal. It is all done on paper, you fucking twit!
The defense will be there and introduce evidence the biased judge refused to hear. Even if on paper.

The appeal will be sure to get an impartial judge that will actually allow the defense some room and it will be overturned so you bloody ghouls will have to jerk to some other miscarriage of justice.
LOLOL

What make you think an appeal is going to alter the video showing McGlockton retreating?

Looks to me you are just ignoring the facts in the post you're quoting just so you can spew more vile bs. That's why it's a waste of time to try to provide actual facts about anything to you filth.

If the incident occurred inside the Clearwater city limits, the County has no jurisdiction.

I lived in Duval County for many years. The cities have primary jurisdiction, not Duval County, which also covers the city of Jacksonville because it has a merged government.

The sheriff was obviously in the wrong
The Jury said he was

There is a lot that video doesn't show and that is what the appeal will center on.

Oh? On what the the appeal center...?

If the incident occurred inside the Clearwater city limits, the County has no jurisdiction.

I lived in Duval County for many years. The cities have primary jurisdiction, not Duval County, which also covers the city of Jacksonville because it has a merged government.
Trump can just pardon the guy then.

Forum List

Back