Consumerism: Bloody Barons

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
There's a radical new eco-activist who wears blood-red sunglasses and eats only green bananas as a statement of the dismay over Earth's treatment of the color green.

Such attitudes reveal today's merging of lifestyle and politics, perhaps a reflection of consumerism culture itself (i.e., eTrade, Burger King).

You might bump into this radical on an airplane and realize she's a stewardess. Write to your local politician about this new development, and you might understand why the capitalism daydream Planet Hollywood restaurant chain represents consumerism intellectualism.

:eusa_hand:

CuriousGeorge.jpg

Omega Taco

I found this old post of mine from 2014, and now that America has elected a finance-wizard (Donald Trump) as its 45th President, we can keep asking if 'consumerism culture' has really changed politics (e.g., European Union, NATO, Wall Street, etc.).

In the 1950s, if you purchased a Disney wrist-watch for your child, you only considered its 'entertainment' value, but now, you can't ignore the 'archaeological value' of such an artifact.

Is consumerism changing human consciousness?

disney.jpg

Forum List

Back