Consumer spending makes big jump- Quick, Pubs- you need a phony debt crisis.

From link:
Consumer spending surged in March by the most in almost five years as warmer weather brought shoppers back to auto-dealer lots and malls, a sign the U.S. economy gained momentum heading into the second quarter.

Household purchases, which account for about 70 percent of the economy, climbed 0.9 percent, the most since August 2009, after a 0.5 percent gain in February that was larger than previously estimated, Commerce Department figures showed today in Washington. The median forecast of 77 economists in a Bloomberg survey called for a 0.6 percent gain. Incomes increased by the most in seven months.

Continued gains in employment will probably lift consumer confidence and give households the means to spend after usually harsh winter weather held back the world’s largest economy. Companies such as Whirlpool Corp. (WHR:US) are optimistic that stronger growth will boost sales in the coming months, providing a firm footing for growth in the second quarter.

Each of those phony crises cost the nation 1% in growth...for NOTHING.

Partisan ideologues are a hoot.

Some good or bad news comes out, just one piece of data, and everything they've been saying is right. The other guys are all wrong and should admit permanent, abject defeat of all of their ideas. They ignore all contrary or mitigating data for that one moment in the sun when they think they can say "I told you so."

I'd love to know how much of this silliness is meant to be taken seriously.

Stupid bitch.....

The increase in spending was mostly due to increases in Health Insurance Bills.

Stupid motherfucker

There's been nothing but growth for 4 years, even with a phony Pub crisis every 6 months.

Health spending lol...link?

Last edited:
One pound of Land 'O Lakes butter costs $4.99 at the supermarket, retard. That adds up pretty fucking fast.

oh brother
it SURGED and it took FIVE FRIKKEN YEARS to do it

yea, orgasmic:rolleyes:

I heard the the GDP for the first quarter 2014 grew ..... .1%

Not too good if you ask me...
And I heard that an increase in government spending was a big part of that .1%

This tornado weather I guess...

My butter costs 1.99 at Sav-a-Lot...

There's been lots of growth the last 4 years- not reported on the Pub propaganda machine-, but always more Pub chenanigans (and fear mongering)...NOW we're gonna have a roll if they keep their word...

Growth in what? Inflation? Gas and food go up and real jobs go down in this administration. We ge McJobs with this crew....this economy is growing slower than old people fuck.

The bad jobs have been comibng for years, and they're that bad because Pus won't allow a rise in the min wage...OR training for 1.5 million jobs going begging, OR incentives for corporations to spend.

See sig- those stats are from 2007...

Franco, you put the HOLY FUCK in fucking stupid..

{The Commerce Department also reported today that gross domestic product, the broadest measure of U.S. economic strength, fell to an almost non-existent .1 percent. Analysts had expected at growth at least 10 times as large. }

Economy Stalls, Health Spending Explodes as Obamacare is Fully Implemented - Conn Carroll

I mean seriously dude, how many times did the garbage truck back up so that it could run over your head, yet again?

Forum List

Back