Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

Liberty is the freedom to get shot.
And apparently using big fed government to circumvent state's rights.

Does your state recognize driver's licenses from all 50 states, or do I get charged with driving without a license in your state?
If I drive to another state, I have to obey their driving laws. I can't tell the officer a violation is okay because it's allowed in my state.

Does your state recognize driver's licenses from all 50 states, or do I get charged with driving without a license in your state?
And cars are not even enumerated in the constitution.....:lol:
Yeah states have no say in laws about cars :rolleyes:

Do they set the requirements for their safety features, gas mileage, etc? No! The federal government does because people travel from one state to another, and that is why they should be allowed to carry their weapons for self-defense as they travel.

Last edited:

And cars are not even enumerated in the constitution.....:lol:
Yeah states have no say in laws about cars :rolleyes:

I have no problem with states enacting all the regulations they want. The key is, they pay for them.

Left-wingers hate that. They want us to pay for their incompetence. So California wants to force all the other states to follow their rules. And bailout their system when they have rolling blackouts, and fix their health care system when hospitals are closing, and on and on and on.

By all means, regulate the crap out of cars, and pay $40,000 for a Chevy Aveo. Knock yourself out. Just don't come complaining to us when your state bankrupts itself.

If I drive to another state, I have to obey their driving laws. I can't tell the officer a violation is okay because it's allowed in my state.

Now you are just being ignorant. Embrace the suck! You lost the argument.

Driving is not a guaranteed constitutional right. The right to bare arms, is. Period. It is. If you want your state to be apart of this union, then you have to respect the Constitutional rights of the people. Period. End of story. You lose.

If it comes down to a SCOTUS review, as it probably will, since Calif. and NYS will protest such Federal legislation to high Heaven, then the 10th Amendment vs the 2nd Amendment (and possibly a discussion of the 18th Century philosophical issue of "natural law" to defend oneself) may indeed come to a head.

Do the States' Rights superseded Individual Rights?

This could go either way in the SCOTUS.

With Kennedy, Roberts, and soon to be Gorsuch all being swing voters, the decision could be 7 to 2 against the Federal reciprocity legislation.

It could also go 5 to 4 in favor of it.

It is a crap shoot.

No, that's left-wing freedom.... the freedom to get shot, and not have the slightest chance of defending yourself.

We are going to avoid getting shot, because we can fight back.

Sure, you can fight back, unless of course there are 3 of them with guns, and you only have one.
Still doable...
BOOM: 3 Robbers Are NO Match For One Dad Who Is Defending His Kids (Video)

Driving is not a guaranteed constitutional right. The right to bare arms, is. Period. It is. If you want your state to be apart of this union, then you have to respect the Constitutional rights of the people. Period. End of story. You lose.
I would have to say you are wrong about the 2nd Amendment in this case. Scalia in his write up of Heller made it clear that he believes the States have the right to regulate public carrying of firearms within their states' boundaries, whether openly or concealed.

What it MAY come down to instead is an issue of "natural rights" such as "self defense". This is completely separate from the 2nd Amendment (at least as Scalia has interpreted it).

Sure, you can fight back, unless of course there are 3 of them with guns, and you only have one.
This is a totally separate issue -- what do you do when you are outgunned and/or outnumbered?

The answer of course is you run and then you take cover.

I would have to say you are wrong about the 2nd Amendment in this case. Scalia in his write up of Heller made it clear that he believes the States have the right to regulate public carrying of firearms within their states' boundaries, whether openly or concealed.

What it MAY come down to instead is an issue of "natural rights" such as "self defense". This is completely separate from the 2nd Amendment (at least as Scalia has interpreted it).
Who is taking states rights away? They can, and soon will, participate....

No, that's left-wing freedom.... the freedom to get shot, and not have the slightest chance of defending yourself.

We are going to avoid getting shot, because we can fight back.

Then you have a better chance if you shoot faster. None if you don't shoot at all.

(Billy rolls his eyes)

Now you are just being ignorant. Embrace the suck! You lost the argument.
If the law passes and is not overturned by the courts, then I lose. Until then, drive through my state Virginia with a radar detector that's allowed in 48 other states and see what happens.

Forum List

Back