Constitutional Carry Bill filed in Florida...

No...the definition of lame is coming into a positive news thread and immediately shitting on it.

If you personally aren't willing to put your personal ass on the line to prove your point...then you don't have a point.

That the law abiding citizens of Florida may get Constitutional Carry is FANTASTIC news.

Back when I got involved in this fight thirty years ago, you needed a permit TO OWN a handgun in my state.

Now we are a second amendment sanctuary state by our state constitution AND are Constitutionally Carry state...no permit required.

So the last thing I want to hear is a blue on blue poo-pooing of incredible progress

Rome wasn't built in a day.

In the meantime...be happy for progress.

Savvy?

I don't believe the state regulating your 2nd Amendment rights is positive.

Wrong.

The state is lawfully regulating a right consistent with the Constitution and Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

If you say so. I disagree. Did those during the time of the founders need permission?

No one said it does.

And no rights are violated by permit requirements.

There are permit requirements associated with the First Amendment that are perfectly necessary, proper, and Constitutional, as is the case with the Second Amendment.

There are no requirements for the 1st

Requiring a license to carry a concealed firearm is likewise Constitutional carry, being perfectly consistent with the Second Amendment, such laws having never been invalidated by the Supreme Court.
Given the Bruen decision, tell us why you believe the USSC will uphold a requirement to obtain a license to exercise the right to carry a gun.

There are permit requirements associated with the First Amendment that are perfectly necessary, proper, and Constitutional, as is the case with the Second Amendment.
All of which deal with time, place, and manner restrictions on the use of public property.
Tell us how this applies to the basic exercise of the right to own a gun, use a gun, and carry a gun.
And no rights are violated by permit requirements.
Tell us why you believe the USSC woud uphold a state requirement to obtain a permit to go to church.

Forum List

Back