Consider the word "constitution"

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
con·sti·tu·tion
   /ˌkɒnstɪˈtuʃən, -ˈtyu-/ Show Spelled[kon-sti-too-shuhn, -tyoo-
–noun
1. the way in which a thing is composed or made up; makeup; composition: the chemical constitution of the cleanser. Constitution | Define Constitution at Dictionary.com

The Founders did not pick the word out of the air as they were drafting the document. They had deliberately called the document what it was: a constitution, a description of the nature, composition form and function of the new government. The very word itself has a meaning that has been lost and obfuscated.

Obama and Progressives demonstrate a profound, fundamental and intentional ignorance of the very concept of a constitution when he/they states,

"And to the extent as radical I think as people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted. The Warren Court interpreted it in the same way that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you. It says what the federal government can't do to you, but it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf." :cuckoo:

Our Founder knew EXACTLY what they were doing! They did not draft a living, breathing easily malleable document. They drafted a document that was very precise in what the new federal government was supposed to do -- very little. It wasn't accidentally called a "constitution", they were describing the very nature of the limited democratic republic they formed using the best ideals of Rome as their base.

Thomas%20Jefferson.gif

Thomas Jefferson

"I set out on this ground which I suppose to be self-evident: 'That the earth belongs in usufruct to the living;' that the dead have neither powers nor rights over it... We seem not to have perceived that by the law of nature, one generation is to another as one independent nation to another."
Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1789. ME 7:454, Papers 15:392

"I willingly acquiesce in the institutions of my country, perfect or imperfect, and think it a duty to leave their modifications to those who are to live under them and are to participate of the good or evil they may produce. The present generation has the same right of self-government which the past one has exercised for itself."
Thomas Jefferson to John Hampden Pleasants, 1824. ME 16:29

"The idea that institutions established for the use of the nation cannot be touched nor modified even to make them answer their end because of rights gratuitously supposed in those employed to manage them in trust for the public, may perhaps be a salutary provision against the abuses of a monarch but is most absurd against the nation itself. Yet our lawyers and priests generally inculcate this doctrine and suppose that preceding generations held the earth more freely than we do, had a right to impose laws on us unalterable by ourselves, and that we in like manner can make laws and impose burdens on future generations which they will have no right to alter; in fine, that the earth belongs to the dead and not the living."
Thomas Jefferson to William Plumer, 1816. ME 15:46

"Let us provide in our constitution for its revision at stated periods. What these periods should be nature herself indicates. By the European tables of mortality, of the adults living at any one moment of time, a majority will be dead in about nineteen years. At the end of that period, then, a new majority is come into place; or, in other words, a new generation. Each generation is as independent as the one preceding, as that was of all which had gone before. It has then, like them, a right to choose for itself the form of government it believes most promotive of its own happiness; consequently, to accommodate to the circumstances in which it finds itself that received from its predecessors; and it is for the peace and good of mankind that a solemn opportunity of doing this every nineteen or twenty years should be provided by the constitution, so that it may be handed on with periodical repairs from generation to generation to the end of time, if anything human can so long endure."
Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Kercheval, 1816. ME 15:42

Jefferson on Politics & Government

Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
Edmund Burke

Thomas%20Jefferson.gif

Thomas Jefferson

"I set out on this ground which I suppose to be self-evident: 'That the earth belongs in usufruct to the living;' that the dead have neither powers nor rights over it... We seem not to have perceived that by the law of nature, one generation is to another as one independent nation to another."

"I willingly acquiesce in the institutions of my country, perfect or imperfect, and think it a duty to leave their modifications to those who are to live under them and are to participate of the good or evil they may produce. The present generation has the same right of self-government which the past one has exercised for itself."

"The idea that institutions established for the use of the nation cannot be touched nor modified even to make them answer their end because of rights gratuitously supposed in those employed to manage them in trust for the public, may perhaps be a salutary provision against the abuses of a monarch but is most absurd against the nation itself. Yet our lawyers and priests generally inculcate this doctrine and suppose that preceding generations held the earth more freely than we do, had a right to impose laws on us unalterable by ourselves, and that we in like manner can make laws and impose burdens on future generations which they will have no right to alter; in fine, that the earth belongs to the dead and not the living."

"Let us provide in our constitution for its revision at stated periods. What these periods should be nature herself indicates. By the European tables of mortality, of the adults living at any one moment of time, a majority will be dead in about nineteen years. At the end of that period, then, a new majority is come into place; or, in other words, a new generation. Each generation is as independent as the one preceding, as that was of all which had gone before. It has then, like them, a right to choose for itself the form of government it believes most promotive of its own happiness; consequently, to accommodate to the circumstances in which it finds itself that received from its predecessors; and it is for the peace and good of mankind that a solemn opportunity of doing this every nineteen or twenty years should be provided by the constitution, so that it may be handed on with periodical repairs from generation to generation to the end of time, if anything human can so long endure."

Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
Edmund Burke

You know that prior to FDR rewriting the constitution, there used to be Amendment process built into the document by the Founders, right?

Thomas%20Jefferson.gif

Thomas Jefferson

Edmund Burke

You know that prior to FDR rewriting the constitution, there used to be Amendment process built into the document by the Founders, right?

Awareness Frank?...I'm surprised you can make it across a street without getting creamed.

You ARE aware there has been an extremely well funded effort on the part of the elite, corporations and 'conservatives' to dismantle the New Deal since the 1930's?

You ARE aware there has been an extremely well funded effort to create revisionist history that supports that agenda?

You are aware you are a pea brain?

Thomas%20Jefferson.gif

Thomas Jefferson

Edmund Burke

Awareness Frank?...I'm surprised you can make it across a street without getting creamed.

You ARE aware there has been an extremely well funded effort on the part of the elite, corporations and 'conservatives' to dismantle the New Deal since the 1930's?

You ARE aware there has been an extremely well funded effort to create revisionist history that supports that agenda?

Tell me more about this "well funded effort on the part of the elite, corporations and 'conservatives' to dismantle the New Deal since the 1930's?" :eusa_liar: Sounds like they've been wasting money for 80 years.

Are you admitting the the New Deal was an unconstitutional rewrite of the document totally outside of the aforementioned Amendment process?

No, it was not an unconstitutional rewrite. And when you freakazoids dismantle part of what FDR accomplished, such as the Glass-Steagle act, the nation suffers, just as we are now.

The Constitution will continue to be interpreted in ways that cede more powers to the citizens, and less to the oligarchs. As much as you find this disturbing, we liberals find it to the interest of our nation. Just as we had to fight you concerning voting rights for all Americans, for Social Security, for government agencies such as the CDC, we will have to finish the fight for universal health care, for a distributed grid, that enables all citizens to be both producers and consumers. Yes, and income redistribution to even out the injustices of the present inequities in income.

And you will cry, mewl, puke, and squeal, and eventually be remembered with as much affection as Martin, Barton, and Fish.

con·sti·tu·tion
–noun
1. the way in which a thing is composed or made up; makeup; composition: the chemical constitution of the cleanser. Constitution | Define Constitution at Dictionary.com

The Founders did not pick the word out of the air as they were drafting the document. They had deliberately called the document what it was: a constitution, a description of the nature, composition form and function of the new government. The very word itself has a meaning that has been lost and obfuscated.

Obama and Progressives demonstrate a profound, fundamental and intentional ignorance of the very concept of a constitution when he/they states,

"And to the extent as radical I think as people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted. The Warren Court interpreted it in the same way that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you. It says what the federal government can't do to you, but it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf." :cuckoo:

Our Founder knew EXACTLY what they were doing! They did not draft a living, breathing easily malleable document. They drafted a document that was very precise in what the new federal government was supposed to do -- very little. It wasn't accidentally called a "constitution", they were describing the very nature of the limited democratic republic they formed using the best ideals of Rome as their base.

" It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

No, it was not an unconstitutional rewrite. And when you freakazoids dismantle part of what FDR accomplished, such as the Glass-Steagle act, the nation suffers, just as we are now.

The Constitution will continue to be interpreted in ways that cede more powers to the citizens, and less to the oligarchs. As much as you find this disturbing, we liberals find it to the interest of our nation. Just as we had to fight you concerning voting rights for all Americans, for Social Security, for government agencies such as the CDC, we will have to finish the fight for universal health care, for a distributed grid, that enables all citizens to be both producers and consumers. Yes, and income redistribution to even out the injustices of the present inequities in income.

And you will cry, mewl, puke, and squeal, and eventually be remembered with as much affection as Martin, Barton, and Fish.

So in your world a 2,000 page law that no one read before voting on them, that the sponsors have already said guarantee control over citizens is actually a way to cede more power than what was guaranteed by the Constitution?

You had to fight Ike and the Republicans to secure Voting rights? Yeah? You want to check that again, Sparky?

Thank you for outing yourself as an EnviroMarxist.

Whether it was voting rights for African Americans, Women, or Native Americans, we had to fight the Conservatives of both parties to gain them. And what party did the Dixiecrats switch to after the Voting Rights bill became law?

Eisenhower was a good President, one of the best. And all too many of the Conservative faction of the Republican Party did not like him at all.

Tell me more about this "well funded effort on the part of the elite, corporations and 'conservatives' to dismantle the New Deal since the 1930's?" :eusa_liar: Sounds like they've been wasting money for 80 years.

Are you admitting the the New Deal was an unconstitutional rewrite of the document totally outside of the aforementioned Amendment process?

It's not my job to educate pea brains like you Frank, but I'm in a charitable mood, so I will give you some 'clues for the clueless'

Start HERE...American Liberty League

Then HERE...two- time Congressional Medal of Honor winner Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler.

Then HERE...General Butler's testimony before The House Committee to Investigate Un-American Activities

Then HERE...The Business Plot

It's not my job to educate pea brains like you Frank, but I'm in a charitable mood, so I will give you some 'clues for the clueless'

Then HERE...two- time Congressional Medal of Honor winner Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler.

Then HERE...General Butler's testimony before The House Committee to Investigate Un-American Activities

As I suspected, there's no here there.

Whether it was voting rights for African Americans, Women, or Native Americans, we had to fight the Conservatives of both parties to gain them. And what party did the Dixiecrats switch to after the Voting Rights bill became law?

Eisenhower was a good President, one of the best. And all too many of the Conservative faction of the Republican Party did not like him at all.

LBJ was a Conservative? Robert Byrd? Al Gore Sr?

Are you sure?

I used to think CrusaderFrank was brainwashed by the RW Media. Alas, you disabused me of this belief - a pea brain needs only a light rinse.

I used to think CrusaderFrank was brainwashed by the RW Media. Alas, you disabused me of this belief - a pea brain needs only a light rinse.

While you tend to offer so little on average, that one brings down your single digit batting average.

In the future, if the topic is beyond your capabilities, just avoid it altogether

Pea brain Frank would rather spread National Enquirer 'history' that LBJ had JFK killed. When a plot makes it all the way to a House Committee investigation it becomes leftist paranoia...:lol::lol::lol:

Pea brain Frank would rather spread National Enquirer 'history' that LBJ had JFK killed. When a plot makes it all the way to a House Committee investigation it becomes leftist paranoia...:lol::lol::lol:

Like that 80 year and counting corporate plot to upend the New Deal?

con·sti·tu·tion
–noun

that is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

and that means that NOBODY TODAY has ANY RIGHT to DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES what kind of government they should have!

period.

our founding fathers were TYRANNICAL in their belief that ONLY THEY had a right to decide for ALL CITIZENS for ALL TIME TO COME FOREVER and FOREVER what
rights
rules
laws and government they MUST BE BOUND BY!

now all you traitorous treasonous liberals had better just shut up before we deport you to 3rd world nations where you will be rounded up and executed!

I HAVE SPOKEN!

my favorite conservative quote;

newt gingrich "we must change the laws of theland to reflect our christian religious beliefs and then SEE TO IT that they can NEVER be changed again!"

Like that 80 year and counting corporate plot to upend the New Deal?

CF, there is ConLaw and there is conlaw, the former is a course in law school & an upper division Poli Sci course , the latter is the propaganda you've learned from Limbaugh and the RW media elites.
Your posts on conlaw are silly and deserve ridicule, your post on our Constitution provide proof what an ignorant fool you truly are.

con·sti·tu·tion
–noun

that is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

and that means that NOBODY TODAY has ANY RIGHT to DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES what kind of government they should have!

period.

our founding fathers were TYRANNICAL in their belief that ONLY THEY had a right to decide for ALL CITIZENS for ALL TIME TO COME FOREVER and FOREVER what
rights
rules
laws and government they MUST BE BOUND BY!

now all you traitorous treasonous liberals had better just shut up before we deport you to 3rd world nations where you will be rounded up and executed!

I HAVE SPOKEN!

my favorite conservative quote;

newt gingrich "we must change the laws of theland to reflect our christian religious beliefs and then SEE TO IT that they can NEVER be changed again!"

Obviously a key member of the Wry/Bfgrn brainless trust

Forum List

Back