Conservatives only: Is our country salvageable?

Yes America can be salvaged.

But it's going to require someone who is strong willed with strong convictions and willingness to do some serious weeding in the garden. They also need to have a deep seeded love for America, Americans and American values. Someone who will put the need of the country first.

Oh boy!!
It is threads like this that make me love this bar.
THIS......is a rich vein to mine.

I pulled a whole bunch of quotes from the numerous posts here. Too many I fear, my post may become too unwieldly. May have to divvy it into two.

But before we get into hoisting up other peoples' thoughts, I'll add my own.

1. America is gonna be just fine. Those folks who caterwaul that 'it's end times', 'it's unsalvageable'.......are wrong. Wrong against history. Wrong against America.
For example.....it was far worse during the Revolutionary War....where about 70,000 'patriots' died killing 25,000 of their own countrymen (the British soldiers). Not to mention the 70,000 or so Americans who left America because they didn't believe in the revolution......they went to Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Montreal, and Florida (which stayed British).

2. And if today is bad ...well, how was 1860-'65? 618,000 American dead....killed by each other. Read Drew Gilpin Fausts' book 'A Republic of Suffering'...if you really wanna know that you ain't got it so bad today.

3. Wanna talk about WWII? With 419,000 dead Americans? (Russia = 26.6 million; China 20 million).

4. True all of that is decades ago.....so then what about 1968? When we had National Guardsmen shooting down college kids on campus?

My own personal belief is: those who are hissyfitting about the end of America today.....are uninvolved lookers-on, tourists to America, but whiners, crybabies, and snowflakes, and Chicken Littles. No disrespect intended.

---------------------------------------------

Now, about those quotes from posters. Let's go there.

A. This country is still amazing. Sorry that your life sucks. Mine is great. Lol
B. The U.S. survived the Civil War, reconstruction, the stock market crash, FDR's two decade Great Depression, a couple of world wars, the Cold War and the assassinations of a couple of presidents. Brandon ain't shit.
C. I think we'll be OK in the long run. Despite poor leadership, the U.S. continues to be THE best country in the world. Why do think so many are literally dying to get into our country? So yes, I think we'll be just fine.
D. As long as the Constitution stays intact and good people are involved the U.S.A. will be fine. As I have posted in the past the 1960s were a lot worse than what we have going on now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A hat-tip to the above. Optimistic. Pragmatic. Can do. Get'er done. Americans. A hat-tip.
Just like those above, MY America has always been great.
Sorry about the version you created for you and your family and are now so disappointed in. The bed one makes, is the bed one need sleep in. Per Captain Obvious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Otherwise, at this pace, the destruction and annihilation of what once was the great USA .... will be imminent. :confused:
2. So we're screwed. Unless of course, we somehow became engaged in a full-blown war with some communist country like Russia or China.
3. No, I think we're headed for split-up. The polity is too large; these giant expanses never last. It's lasted amazingly long as it is; we haven't broken up since 1864, after all. The whole gestalt is bad -- the hopeless division, the weird Leftist determination to take us Communist, the weakness of the government, the constant black rioting, etc.
4. They fully expected to execute 25 million. Many of you have shown murder does not bother you in the least.
5. Hopeless. I doubt it lasts another 100 yrs
6. No, we are far beyond the point of being able to salvage this country.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
No need to comment more on the above. (See earlier observations about uninvolved, crybabies, snowflakes, and ChickenLittles.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When they get destroyed in the mid terms and CRT is outlawed it is a good start. Fuck you and the Frankfurt losers you faggots.
Well, we see the bed that poster made.
Hope he sleeps well with his phobias of Fbombs, hot-dogs, and gays.
Good luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

or more than a generation now, millions of Leftists have been going to college and law school, planning to get into millions of government sinecures, where they can run things according to their own skewed judgment.
"millions going to college ...and planning....to run things".
Ummm, ????
You do know those kids going to college...are 17 years old, 18,19,20 years old?
I have no idea how old you may be.....but if your fears are centered on 17yr olds outplanning and outworking you.....well, mi amigo, there's not much this chatroom can do for you. Other than give you a safe-space to express your phobias
Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------
That's another possibility.
I would go for that. Split the country in two.
Yes I do like that idea.
Well, good poster Skye....don't stop there.
Show us your chops.
How would you split it?
Does it need be 50/50?
Could it be 90/10?
North/South?
East/West?
Or alphabetically?
Show us how thoughtful and perceptive you can be poster Skye. Give us an idea if you have a brain that can noodle through the nuance and complexity of your suggestion.
Good luck. And we'll look forward to your reasoned proposals.
------------------------------------------------------

Cut the lifeline of the Prog promoted racist highways going into the cities. Cut the lifeline of the railroads going into the cities. These things are possible and perhaps not difficult.
Oh boy, that's a post that could almost be a stand-alone thread. (somebody please do that.....it could be interesting).
Wouldn't it be fun to discuss rural highways carrying the meat, grain, produce of farms all across America...that just dead-end miles outside of Chicago? Or Denver. Or Atlanta.
Wouldn't it be fun to imagine those cities starving ....those cities emptying of American citizens to flood rural America's small towns as the people seek food, work, gasoline. Wouldn't it be fun to imagine that Washington DC couldn't send out all those monthly Social Security checks, where they couldn't pay the doctors and hospitals who send in their bills for re-imbursement?

Is it a stretch to imagine that good poster 22cidw is reallly a 14yr old kid who is doing Zoom-school and has time to play in the adult chatrooms?

I love this bar.

Oh boy!!

I pulled a whole bunch of quotes from the numerous posts here. Too many I fear, my post may become too unwieldly. May have to divvy it into two.

1. America is gonna be just fine. Those folks who caterwaul that 'it's end times', 'it's unsalvageable'.......are wrong. Wrong against history. Wrong against America.
For example.....it was far worse during the Revolutionary War....where about 70,000 'patriots' died killing 25,000 of their own countrymen (the British soldiers). Not to mention the 70,000 or so Americans who left America because they didn't believe in the revolution......they went to Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Montreal, and Florida (which stayed British).

2. And if today is bad ...well, how was 1860-'65? 618,000 American dead....killed by each other. Read Drew Gilpin Fausts' book 'A Republic of Suffering'...if you really wanna know that you ain't got it so bad today.

3. Wanna talk about WWII? With 419,000 dead Americans? (Russia = 26.6 million; China 20 million).

4. True all of that is decades ago.....so then what about 1968? When we had National Guardsmen shooting down college kids on campus?

My own personal belief is: those who are hissyfitting about the end of America today.....are uninvolved lookers-on, tourists to America, but whiners, crybabies, and snowflakes, and Chicken Littles. No disrespect intended.

A hat-tip to the above. Optimistic. Pragmatic. Can do. Get'er done. Americans. A hat-tip.
Sorry about the version you created for you and your family and are now so disappointed in. The bed one makes, is the bed one need sleep in. Per Captain Obvious.

No need to comment more on the above. (See earlier observations about uninvolved, crybabies, snowflakes, and ChickenLittles.)

Good luck.

Ummm, ????
I have no idea how old you may be.....but if your fears are centered on 17yr olds outplanning and outworking you.....well, mi amigo, there's not much this chatroom can do for you. Other than give you a safe-space to express your phobias
Good luck.

Show us your chops.
How would you split it?
Does it need be 50/50?
Could it be 90/10?
North/South?
East/West?
Or alphabetically?
Show us how thoughtful and perceptive you can be poster Skye. Give us an idea if you have a brain that can noodle through the nuance and complexity of your suggestion.

Oh boy, that's a post that could almost be a stand-alone thread. (somebody please do that.....it could be interesting).
Wouldn't it be fun to discuss rural highways carrying the meat, grain, produce of farms all across America...that just dead-end miles outside of Chicago? Or Denver. Or Atlanta.
Wouldn't it be fun to imagine those cities starving ....those cities emptying of American citizens to flood rural America's small towns as the people seek food, work, gasoline. Wouldn't it be fun to imagine that Washington DC couldn't send out all those monthly Social Security checks, where they couldn't pay the doctors and hospitals who send in their bills for re-imbursement?

Is it a stretch to imagine that good poster 22cidw is reallly a 14yr old kid who is doing Zoom-school and has time to play in the adult chatrooms?

I love this bar.
What proof do you have the the country will be around in 100 years? Why is your opinion more valuable than mine?

Oh boy!!

Good luck.

Ummm, ????
Good luck.

Show us your chops.
How would you split it?
Does it need be 50/50?
Could it be 90/10?
North/South?
East/West?
Or alphabetically?

I love this bar.

Nope, we're screwed. The only chance we had to get through this shit wasn't elected in 2020. That would have been Trump.

At least in my case you couldn’t be more incorrect if you tried. My family was here before there was a United States. We helped found this nation. We fought on both sides of the War of Northern Aggression. We hold the Traditional Ideals, Morals and Values this nation was founded on very close to our hearts. We live lives of Personal Responsibility.

We also realize that when you materially undermine the foundations on which a nation is built it cannot, and should not be allowed to continue to stand. America’s foundations are gone. It’s time to burn the house down and start again from scratch, using only the highest quality materials and plans.

You must not be a real American. You seemingly want criminals and mentally ill people on the loose undermining democracy.
Which is what we had for several months this past Summer of 2020 with AntiFa, BLM, CHAZ, CHOP, Etc., and other Leftist loonies and seditionists.
Insult to injury are the many Leftist mayors and governors whom dropped charges against the riotous traitors and let them free without trials or punishment.

No matter which conservative Republican ends up becoming President, he or she is still going to be plagued by a howling mass of leftist monkeys, Marxist academics, and their media. Nothing short of feeding all into a giant wood chipper would end that, but that's just now who we are.

So we're screwed. Unless of course, we somehow became engaged in a full-blown war with some communist country like Russia or China. In which case some of the left would get a rude awakening and stand along side us to defeat them. Of course, many of them would also side up with our communist enemies, so it would be open season on them.
:oops: Good luck with allllllll that. Yikes.

The U.S. survived the Civil War, reconstruction, the stock market crash, FDR's two decade Great Depression, a couple of world wars, the Cold War and the assassinations of a couple of presidents. Brandon ain't shit.
Survive Brandon?
What has he done besides ask you to wear a mask and get vaxxed?

There is nothing wrong with the country.
It is conservatism that is the lost cause...well, at least the current iteration of it.
Conservatism hasn't had a successful policy implemented in over four decades.
It's become steeped in religious fervor and now conspiracy theory mongering and worship
of authoritarian rule.

Conservatives need to jettison the religion and the crazy and get back to their roots. It used
to be that conservatives were for helping the little guy. That went out the window a long time
ago.
BOLLOCKS !!!

The Conservative /Right are the risk takers whom capitalize business and provide employment to create wealth and grow the economy. Same basic theory, agenda, and cause for decades to centuries and not in need of any major change or revision.

It's you psuedo-liberal loonie Left whom are the social and economic parasites whom are mostly non-producers and take(steal) wealth and money from the productive Conservatives/Right to give to the deadwood non-producers of the Left.

We saw just how constructive and positive the Left was during the Summer of 2020 with your CHAZ, CHOP, and other forms of insurrection, riots, looting, vandalism, assaults, murder, and mayhem in several cities across this nation and if anyone needs to change to a less destructive policy, it is the political Left of this country.

The Conservative /Right are the risk takers whom capitalize business and provide employment to create wealth and grow the economy
Unless they’re hiring illegals to do the dirty work for cheap. Then they’re liberal Democrats.

If conservatives are so worried about the country, why dont they try and elect someone decent for once?

If you break the law and are proven guilty of things like domestic terrorism, killing cops, seditious conspiracy, you should serve your sentence. If you are mentally ill ie delusional or schizophrenic, you should be treated at a mental facility. That covers 99% of trumpanzees right there.

I love how one fake starkey posts bullshit, then another fake starkey gives it a thumbs up.

What a retard.

BOLLOCKS !!!

The Conservative /Right are the risk takers whom capitalize business and provide employment to create wealth and grow the economy. Same basic theory, agenda, and cause for decades to centuries and not in need of any major change or revision.

It's you psuedo-liberal loonie Left whom are the social and economic parasites whom are mostly non-producers and take(steal) wealth and money from the productive Conservatives/Right to give to the deadwood non-producers of the Left.

We saw just how constructive and positive the Left was during the Summer of 2020 with your CHAZ, CHOP, and other forms of insurrection, riots, looting, vandalism, assaults, murder, and mayhem in several cities across this nation and if anyone needs to change to a less destructive policy, it is the political Left of this country.
No they aren't! LOL.
This country moves forward because of liberal and progressive policies. Not conservative ones. Were it up to conservatives, this country would move back in time to the 1950's (for some reason, a nostalgic sweet spot in time for Republicans and conservatives..makes them misty eyed. ). The progressives are the ones who take the risks, drive innovation, and ultimately move the country in a forward direction. You are confusing the largely right leanings of the heads of corporations that donate heavily to conservative causes...mostly because it benefits their bottom tax line.

Forum List

Back