Conservatives, I implore you: Do not use the Dobbs case as a springboard to get gay marriage banned

I'll buy that, when you - Mashmont - can explain why the morality of Mashmont is by definition more correct than the morality of me - Seymour.

The rules necessary regarding human behavior are those which prevent us from violating each other's rights. If we're not doing that, then each of us can decide moral issues on our own, as equal human beings.
Mashmont is an extremist. He also thinks contraceptives should be made illegal because they may facilitate immorality. People like him are exactly who the left (falsely) paints all conservatives as being. The kind of person that would impose their moral dogma on all of society to the point of imprisoning half the country if they offended his definition of morality. In that respect, he is no different than the leftist extremists.

Mashmont is an extremist. He also thinks contraceptives should be made illegal because they may facilitate immorality. People like him are exactly who the left (falsely) paints all conservatives as being.

While not everyone on the rights is that way, they are the loudest voice right now.

have you ever voted for anyone that supported such a tax?

Ya know, I am really not sure...Most Republican candidates at one time or another have paid lip service to the idea, but when in power do nothing to move in that direction....a disappointment...

I am all for it. I think that taxes should be able to be done on a post card for individuals/couples. In fact I do not even know why we have to file them as a great many countries do not and the IRS already knows everything we are telling them if we got rid of all tax expenditures.

Agreed...I guess the question would be at what level should a flat tax be to encompass all table levels, and be fair enough so that evasion is impossible...?

The current system is being fucked up. In 2021 the IRS cashed the check I sent in to cover my taxes for 2020 and then 5 months later told me I had not filed for 2020.

I know what you mean....our tax bill this year was unexpected, so we tried to set up a payment plan to cover the amount in 4 mos.. After trying to get through to the IRS at least a dozen times we started sending in what we determined was 1/4 of the bill, which the IRS cashed. We have one more payment left, but the other three show as being in there, just not applied to the tax bill....How hard is it to apply money you take to the bill we sent it in for?

Agreed...I guess the question would be at what level should a flat tax be to encompass all table levels, and be fair enough so that evasion is impossible...?

Simple, a consumption tax.

We have that where I live. It's 8 cents on the dollar. The rich pay it, the poor pay it, and anybody in between pays it when they make any kind if purchase. If they decide to spend more money, up goes the tax. The more things you buy, the more tax you pay.

That's the way it should be with federal income tax because nearly half of our people pay no income tax at all. When Congress overspends, up goes the consumption tax so there is no more deficit spending. This way everybody has a dog in the race and Democrats will have to think twice about crap like giving the Kennedy Center 70 million dollars.

we are living in a post-Roe world, my friends

i never thought i'd utter those words, folks!

Read the post "most adults or reasonably close"? What does that mean. A libertarian doesn't have to "implore" anyone about the Constitutionality of a federal law. Leave it up to the states to determine the agenda they want to set. Why are pretend libertarians and lefties so afraid of democracy?

Make no mistake...this radical Republican Party is after gay rights next

Marriage for starters

Marriage isn't a right. It's not listed as a right in the Constitution, never discussed by our forefathers, and if not for government handing out bennies to married people, the court would have ruled that marriage is a religious rite and government has no business in it.

But I'm sure if our founders thought that our federal government would get involved in marriage, they would have addressed that issue.

Since the founding of this country up to just a few years ago, marriage was the union of one man and one woman the way God intended, and it should have stayed that way.

Marriage isn't a right. It's not listed as a right in the Constitution, never discussed by our forefathers, and if not for government handing out bennies to married people, the court would have ruled that marriage is a religious rite and government has no business in it.

But I'm sure if our founders thought that our federal government would get involved in marriage, they would have addressed that issue.

Since the founding of this country up to just a few years ago, marriage was the union of one man and one woman the way God intended, and it should have stayed that way.
Yea we get it.

You and the Republican Party (and the Supreme Court) want to take gay rights and gay marriage rights away from gays.

You've made that abundantly clear

Forum List

Back