Conservatives Far Less Likely to Have Mental Health Issues Than Leftists

Conservatives live in the tiny world of being self-centered simpletons. They're scared of anything outside their little cocoon - which is why they think they need guns.

Liberals are generally outgoing and interested in the world around them. They take on intellectual challenges and awareness and live with a more controversial consciousness.
If you believe that claptrap, you'll believe anything. I have a rainbow farting unicorn in my backyard I'll sell you, cheap.

Being scared can make you more conservative.

A conservative brain is more active in different areas than a liberal one.

Brain scans show that people who self-identify as conservative have larger and more active right amygdalas, an area of the brain that's associated with expressing and processing fear. This aligns with the idea that feeling afraid makes people lean more to the right.

On the other hand, feeling safe and endowed with strength might make you lean a little more liberal than you otherwise would.

Liberals are less squeamish about looking at yucky stuff like vomit, feces, and blood.

Conservatives tend to display more ordered thinking patterns, whereas liberals have more "aha" moments.

A 2016 study at Northwestern University found that when conservative and liberal college students were given word problems to solve, both groups managed to arrive at some correct answers through gradual, analytical analysis.

But when feeling stuck on a problem, liberals were much more likely to draw upon a sudden burst of insight — an 'aha' moment, like a lightbulb turning on in the brain.

Liberals tend to follow the wandering gaze of others more often, while conservative eyes stay more focused on the original subject they're looking at.

Holding conservative views seems to make people more resistant to change and help them explain inequality.

Liberals Vs Conservatives: Psychological Differences Between Brains (businessinsider.com)
It's called common sense, you loons have none. I don't want government in my life. I want to live my life the way I want. Lawfully and without you loons telling me how to think. Then we could maybe get along.

Conservatives live in the tiny world of being self-centered simpletons. They're scared of anything outside their little cocoon - which is why they think they need guns.

Liberals are generally outgoing and interested in the world around them. They take on intellectual challenges and awareness and live with a more controversial consciousness.
Liberals live in shitholes, thus the mental health issues.

Ah, another pearl of wisdom from a self-centered simpleton!
Dick, just take a look at yourself and the shithole you live in. It's really not that complicated.

Conservatives are far less likely seek mental health care or even admit they might have a problem. They suffer in silence and pour booze on their problems.
Lol, you loons pretend to be the other sex and want others to play along with your mental problems. I work, stop by my watering hole and go home walk the dog and do what I need on my land. Without bothering anyone.

Conservatives are far less likely seek mental health care or even admit they might have a problem. They suffer in silence and pour booze on their problems.
Lol, you loons pretend to be the other sex and want others to play along with your mental problems. I work, stop by my watering hole and go home walk the dog and do what I need on my land. Without bothering anyone.
Katlyn Jenner.................................

I know. You’re as shocked as I am.
From Pew Research. A PhD student ascertained and categorized the data by political affiliation. A friend of mine is a psychiatrist at a major university, and this validates what he tells me.

The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even “very liberal.” What’s more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives.
A few charts:
View attachment 480441
View attachment 480442Pew Research data is linked, so if you’ve got a rebuttal, use the data.

can you put up a legitimate link?

Seems that the ring wing is all worried about their freedom.
Have a 5 year old show you how hyperlinks work. If none available, ask your shrink.

You changed the Pew Research and made it your own for the right wing news.
Lol, your leader Biden has mental problems and you think he is the best!

Don't tell us your sexual fantasy's...perv

Dick, just take a look at yourself and the shithole you live in. It's really not that complicated.

You wish you could afford a house like mine or have my salary. A four bedroom, two and a half bath house on a flat, park like acre in Connecticut is a bit out of your price range.

But, you're a simpleton that's gonna believe whatever you want regardless of the truth.

Yes there is mental problems on both sides and hopefully he won't become governor because he has mental issues. But your boy Biden who also has mental problems, well we have this.
188040085_3915245045189902_2144673405200977777_n.jpg

You wish you could afford a house like mine or have my salary. A four bedroom, two and a half bath house on a flat, park like acre in Connecticut is a bit out of your price range.

But, you're a simpleton that's gonna believe whatever you want regardless of the truth.
Sure DIck, You're a billionaire too. Here, we all are.

This is the most entertaining thread ever!!! The desperation of the cult is palpable, as Joe Biden slowly but surely restores order and sanity, and stops the destruction of the country.

As the country is starting to recover from the 4 years of destruction under the Republicans, the cult is having a nervous breakdown. They're not crazy!! Not them. They have PROOF that Democrats are the crazy ones.
166053196_961168281356733_6409083485829137734_n.jpg

Lol, yeah return to sanity.

From Pew Research. A PhD student ascertained and categorized the data by political affiliation. A friend of mine is a psychiatrist at a major university, and this validates what he tells me.

The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even “very liberal.” What’s more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives.
A few charts:
View attachment 480441
View attachment 480442Pew Research data is linked, so if you’ve got a rebuttal, use the data.
There are all types of statistics that could lead one to believe that liberals are smarter than conservatives. These include the fact that “Blue States” have higher graduation rates than “Red States” and the fact that most people who seek higher education have liberal ideologies.

But in reality, these numbers provide circumstantial proof at best. We need something more. Something that fully delves into the minds of conservatives and liberals to see just what’s going on. Though the right-wingers out there might not want you to know it, studies that do just that already exist.
Conservatism, Racism and Low IQ

“Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes” is a study performed by researchers at Brock University, and it caused quite the commotion when its results were released. The researchers found that having lower general intelligence in childhood could predict conservative and racist ideas as an adult. That’s right: having a low IQ score makes you more likely to vote conservative… and be a racist.

Now this isn’t to say that all Republicans are stupid. On the contrary: I fully believe that rich Republicans are some of the smartest people in the world. They literally trick poor Republicans into thinking it’s the big bad government’s fault that they’re poor, and in doing so, they make these people vote against their own best interests.

Even though being conservative doesn’t make you stupid, there’s no doubt that being stupid makes you more likely to be conservative.
Fox News Makes You Less Informed

It’s not like we really needed a study to tell us this, but the survey “What You Know Depends on What You Watch,” undertaken by Fairleigh Dickinson University, found that watching Fox News results in knowing less about the world. Researchers asked 1,185 respondents which news shows they consumed and then asked general questions about newsworthy events.

Fox News less informed

Five questions were asked, and those who watch Fox News exclusively got 1.04 correct, on average. Individuals watching MSNBC, on the other hand, got 1.26. NPR listeners? They got an impressive 1.51. The Daily Show? Surely a “fake news” program couldn’t make you more informed than “the most watched cable news channel in America.”

Yep, as it turns out, The Daily Show viewers scored 1.42 on average. The best thing about this study, though? It asked questions to people who watch no news at all, and those individuals scored 1.22 on average. That’s right: Fox News makes you less informed than watching no news at all.
Let that sink in.
Low Effort Thought Leads to Conservatism

We live in a complex world, and understanding this world requires complex thought. It would be easy to look at conservatives who think that all Muslims are terrorists or all Mexicans should “go home” and say that they’re engaged in simplistic thought. Instead of making that assumption ourselves, though, let’s look towards science.

Researchers over at the University of Arkansas released their study [link opens PDF] “Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism,” and things started to make sense. They performed four different studies, all of which reduced subjects’ ability to use “effortful, deliberate thought,” and they found that situations causing low-effort thought resulted in more conservative beliefs.

Heck, one of the studies found that, as an individual becomes more intoxicated on alcohol, their conservative beliefs increase. Which makes perfect sense, because if you ever saw me vote for Sarah Palin, you can rest assured that I’m drunk.

Scratch that. It’s a catch-22. The amount of alcohol it would require for me to vote for Palin would literally kill me.

Literally.
Homophobia Linked to Low Abstract Reasoning Skills

Let’s get this out of the way first: Yes, there are “liberals” out there who are homophobic. That being said, homophobia is a largely conservative disease. It’s conservatives who usually hold homophobic attitudes and fight against marriage equality. With that being said, let’s look at abstract reasoning skills.

Conservatives are dumb.

A researcher out of Kent State University undertook a study he would eventually title “Abstract Reasoning as a Predictor of Attitudes Toward Gay Men.” What he found was no big surprise. Those who have lower abstract reasoning skills experience higher levels of anti-gay prejudice.

When they looked at other predictors of anti-gay prejudice, they found that right-wing authoritarian ideas were most strongly related to this prejudice. So lacking abstract reasoning and being a right-wing nut job increases your prejudice against gays. Like we couldn’t have figured that out on our own.
It’s All In The Brain, Baby

Some of the aforementioned studies show us that being dumb makes you more likely to be conservative, and unfortunately, watching conservative channels like Fox News can make you even more dumb. Of course, conservatives will likely attack these studies and say that they’re biased.

Unfortunately for them, the study “Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults” was released. The researchers in this study performed MRI scans on participants. Just so you know, there’s no way to insert liberal bias into an MRI scan.

What they found was that “conservative students had a larger amygdala than liberals.” Conversely, the anterior cingulate cortex of liberal students had more gray matter than their conservative counterparts. Here’s why that’s important:

“The amygdala is… active during states of fear and anxiety. […] The anterior cingulate cortex [is] a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.”

And the best part? This is biological. There’s no arguing the point. Liberals’ brains are biologically more able to handle complex thought, and conservatives base their beliefs on fear. This study isn’t hard to believe when one considers the fear conservatives showcase for immigrants, Muslims, minorities and any of the other million things they’re bigoted towards. Hence the success of the 24-7 fear cycle of Fox News.

These are peer-reviewed studies, by scientists who cumulatively have more degrees than I’ve got houses in my neighborhood. Conservatives can try to say they’re biased all they want, but as we know from their beliefs on climate change, they don’t subscribe much to the area of science.

Conservatives are dumb… it’s a scientific fact.

A few charts:
View attachment 480441
There are all types of statistics that could lead one to believe that liberals are smarter than conservatives. These include the fact that “Blue States” have higher graduation rates than “Red States” and the fact that most people who seek higher education have liberal ideologies.

But in reality, these numbers provide circumstantial proof at best. We need something more. Something that fully delves into the minds of conservatives and liberals to see just what’s going on. Though the right-wingers out there might not want you to know it, studies that do just that already exist.

“Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes” is a study performed by researchers at Brock University, and it caused quite the commotion when its results were released. The researchers found that having lower general intelligence in childhood could predict conservative and racist ideas as an adult. That’s right: having a low IQ score makes you more likely to vote conservative… and be a racist.

Now this isn’t to say that all Republicans are stupid. On the contrary: I fully believe that rich Republicans are some of the smartest people in the world. They literally trick poor Republicans into thinking it’s the big bad government’s fault that they’re poor, and in doing so, they make these people vote against their own best interests.

Even though being conservative doesn’t make you stupid, there’s no doubt that being stupid makes you more likely to be conservative.

It’s not like we really needed a study to tell us this, but the survey “What You Know Depends on What You Watch,” undertaken by Fairleigh Dickinson University, found that watching Fox News results in knowing less about the world. Researchers asked 1,185 respondents which news shows they consumed and then asked general questions about newsworthy events.

Fox News less informed

Five questions were asked, and those who watch Fox News exclusively got 1.04 correct, on average. Individuals watching MSNBC, on the other hand, got 1.26. NPR listeners? They got an impressive 1.51. The Daily Show? Surely a “fake news” program couldn’t make you more informed than “the most watched cable news channel in America.”

Yep, as it turns out, The Daily Show viewers scored 1.42 on average. The best thing about this study, though? It asked questions to people who watch no news at all, and those individuals scored 1.22 on average. That’s right: Fox News makes you less informed than watching no news at all.
Let that sink in.

We live in a complex world, and understanding this world requires complex thought. It would be easy to look at conservatives who think that all Muslims are terrorists or all Mexicans should “go home” and say that they’re engaged in simplistic thought. Instead of making that assumption ourselves, though, let’s look towards science.

Researchers over at the University of Arkansas released their study [link opens PDF] “Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism,” and things started to make sense. They performed four different studies, all of which reduced subjects’ ability to use “effortful, deliberate thought,” and they found that situations causing low-effort thought resulted in more conservative beliefs.

Heck, one of the studies found that, as an individual becomes more intoxicated on alcohol, their conservative beliefs increase. Which makes perfect sense, because if you ever saw me vote for Sarah Palin, you can rest assured that I’m drunk.

Scratch that. It’s a catch-22. The amount of alcohol it would require for me to vote for Palin would literally kill me.

Literally.

Let’s get this out of the way first: Yes, there are “liberals” out there who are homophobic. That being said, homophobia is a largely conservative disease. It’s conservatives who usually hold homophobic attitudes and fight against marriage equality. With that being said, let’s look at abstract reasoning skills.

Conservatives are dumb.

A researcher out of Kent State University undertook a study he would eventually title “Abstract Reasoning as a Predictor of Attitudes Toward Gay Men.” What he found was no big surprise. Those who have lower abstract reasoning skills experience higher levels of anti-gay prejudice.

When they looked at other predictors of anti-gay prejudice, they found that right-wing authoritarian ideas were most strongly related to this prejudice. So lacking abstract reasoning and being a right-wing nut job increases your prejudice against gays. Like we couldn’t have figured that out on our own.

Some of the aforementioned studies show us that being dumb makes you more likely to be conservative, and unfortunately, watching conservative channels like Fox News can make you even more dumb. Of course, conservatives will likely attack these studies and say that they’re biased.

Unfortunately for them, the study “Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults” was released. The researchers in this study performed MRI scans on participants. Just so you know, there’s no way to insert liberal bias into an MRI scan.

What they found was that “conservative students had a larger amygdala than liberals.” Conversely, the anterior cingulate cortex of liberal students had more gray matter than their conservative counterparts. Here’s why that’s important:

“The amygdala is… active during states of fear and anxiety. […] The anterior cingulate cortex [is] a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.”

And the best part? This is biological. There’s no arguing the point. Liberals’ brains are biologically more able to handle complex thought, and conservatives base their beliefs on fear. This study isn’t hard to believe when one considers the fear conservatives showcase for immigrants, Muslims, minorities and any of the other million things they’re bigoted towards. Hence the success of the 24-7 fear cycle of Fox News.

These are peer-reviewed studies, by scientists who cumulatively have more degrees than I’ve got houses in my neighborhood. Conservatives can try to say they’re biased all they want, but as we know from their beliefs on climate change, they don’t subscribe much to the area of science.

or it could be that the liberal run states have lowered their standards...like doing away with AP classes.

or that libs get advanced degrees because they aren’t smart enough to apply their education in the real world and get a job

Being scared can make you more conservative.

A conservative brain is more active in different areas than a liberal one.

Brain scans show that people who self-identify as conservative have larger and more active right amygdalas, an area of the brain that's associated with expressing and processing fear. This aligns with the idea that feeling afraid makes people lean more to the right.

On the other hand, feeling safe and endowed with strength might make you lean a little more liberal than you otherwise would.

Liberals are less squeamish about looking at yucky stuff like vomit, feces, and blood.

Conservatives tend to display more ordered thinking patterns, whereas liberals have more "aha" moments.

A 2016 study at Northwestern University found that when conservative and liberal college students were given word problems to solve, both groups managed to arrive at some correct answers through gradual, analytical analysis.

But when feeling stuck on a problem, liberals were much more likely to draw upon a sudden burst of insight — an 'aha' moment, like a lightbulb turning on in the brain.

Liberals tend to follow the wandering gaze of others more often, while conservative eyes stay more focused on the original subject they're looking at.

Holding conservative views seems to make people more resistant to change and help them explain inequality.

Liberals Vs Conservatives: Psychological Differences Between Brains (businessinsider.com)
I believe in the common parlance it’s called the “lizard brain”, which often leads to knee jerk rather than logically considered reactions.

A few charts:
View attachment 480441

Fox News less informed

Let that sink in.

Literally.

Conservatives are dumb.

Says the guy who thinks putting on a dress makes him a girl

A few charts:
View attachment 480441

Well, obviously. Spending your life frantically looking for a way that you can be a victim is not going to make for a mentally healthy person.

And shoot up the occassional synogogue, Wal*Mart, black church, run over people in their cars, and storm national capitols.
They suffer a kind of induced paranoid psychosis brought on by their information bubble. Their real mental illnesses are hidden out of shame and their families bear the brunt.
True. The average conservative has massive anger issues as we see here daily.

But the OP, of course, lies. The data is for a "mental health condition" as is described in the charts in the OP. Not "illness" as the sack of shit is trying to indicate. Again, not "illness"...condition. In our clinics we have a call sign called OE--overly empathetic. New hires are usually OE. They have to be weened off of that. It's not an easy thing to do because you want nurses and technicians that care....but you also want nurses and technicians who can see more than one patient an hour. OE is an mental health condition because one of the hardest things to learn about being a care giver is that you're fighting a losing battle in many cases...and the person you're trying to help is your biggest enemy.
Hilarious. ‘Mental health issues’ is not an illness according to the mentally ill.
candycorn is 100% mentally ill.

I would have diagnosed her as catastrophically brain-damaged.

This is the most entertaining thread ever!!! The desperation of the cult is palpable, as Joe Biden slowly but surely restores order and sanity, and stops the destruction of the country.

As the country is starting to recover from the 4 years of destruction under the Republicans, the cult is having a nervous breakdown. They're not crazy!! Not them. They have PROOF that Democrats are the crazy ones.
what destruction? We had a booming economy, record low UE, a rising GDP, an ending to endless needless wars, the destruction of terrorist caliphates, better trade deals, and historic peace agreements in the Middle East...what do you feel was destroyed due to the GOP?

Her ability to feel like leftists serve any purpose in existing at all.

Oh come on man....The progs are the ones who created "safe spaces" you worthless fucking retard...and pajama boy..

Forum List

Back