Conservatism tends to be pro capitalist but liberalism is agin it

IlarMeilyr

Liability Reincarnate!
Feb 18, 2013
undisclosed bunker
The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither. The society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both.

WHO said this? Was the person generally correct or was the person kind of off base?

Does your answer to that latter set of questions reflect your political ideology? I say it does.

The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither. The society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both.

WHO said this? Was the person generally correct or was the person kind of off base?

Does your answer to that latter set of questions reflect your political ideology? I say it does.

Freedom and equality are apples and antelopes. One can be treated equally with all the other prisoners; and one can be free but not able to secure the necessary conditions for a long and healthy life.

Better to look at a true dichotomy, freedom v. security.

But that wouldn't troll.

Freedom and equality are apples and antelopes. One can be treated equally with all the other prisoners; and one can be free but not able to secure the necessary conditions for a long and healthy life.

Better to look at a true dichotomy, freedom v. security.

But that wouldn't troll.

Your alleged "true" dichotomy ("freedom v. security") is, in fact, a very false dichotomy.

the two are not only NOT antithetical, they often require each other.

And trolling is your watchword. You can't even be bothered to stick to the point. You cal it "trolling" to note that the underpinnings of modern American left wing "liberalism" includes a palpable HOSTILITY to capitalism. But you can't refute it. I guess that's why you resort to your false label of "trolling." You are weak, child.

In any event, Freedom and Equality are FAR from apples and antelopes. They may not be flip sides of the same coin, but the liberal lemmings who make their silly anti-capitalism arguments seem to imagine they can peddle it that way. Just look at the moronic argument of Georgie in the other thread I referenced above.

Capitalism is a GOOD thing. Claiming that some amorphous "equality" should be a basis to overthrow capitalism is an absurdity. But by and large, you liberals DO tend to view Capitalism in a very dim light.

Forum List

Back