Congress...why no budget?

So why were you people all unconcerned when the Rs NEVER even finished their budget after crashing the world economy?

They left it for the new Dem congress to do.

It's not just that the budget isn't finished - neither house has even reviewed a DRAFT. No other Congress has ever taken off for Spring Break without at least having a draft budget in process.

So why were you people all unconcerned when the Rs NEVER even finished their budget after crashing the world economy?

Were you concerned then?? Are you concerned now??

I was pissed we paid them to do it and then they left it for the opposition party to finish their work.

Not one con I talked to at the time would even comment on the fact.

Now you are all of the sudden concerned becausse the dems didnt get it done at this date.

The Rs have BLOCKED everything they can.

This congress has had to do SOOOO much that the Rs left them to do while fighting the Rs who are left trying to keep them from getting anything done.

When did the economy crash? And when did the Republicans give up control of the House and Senate? Seems as though the economy started to crash in 07....And the Democrates took control in ...wait.....was it ......07? YES it was......DUH

It's not just that the budget isn't finished - neither house has even reviewed a DRAFT. No other Congress has ever taken off for Spring Break without at least having a draft budget in process.

Democrats figure they don't need a budget for next year. they will just spend away since they know it's the last time in many many years they will have a chance.

December 08, 2006|By Edward Epstein, Chronicle Washington Bureau(12-08) 04:00 PST Washington — 2006-12-08 04:00:00 PST Washington -- The 109th Congress is packing its bags for good and leaving town today without enacting nine of the 11 appropriations bills that pay for the federal government. It's a development that has infuriated Democrats, who will have to carry the additional burden of enacting the spending bills when they take control in January, and has left Republicans red-faced.

And that makes it OK for this congress to do the same? Wrong is wrong no matter if you are a D or an R!

December 08, 2006|By Edward Epstein, Chronicle Washington Bureau(12-08) 04:00 PST Washington — 2006-12-08 04:00:00 PST Washington -- The 109th Congress is packing its bags for good and leaving town today without enacting nine of the 11 appropriations bills that pay for the federal government. It's a development that has infuriated Democrats, who will have to carry the additional burden of enacting the spending bills when they take control in January, and has left Republicans red-faced.

Wow, Democrats spent all that money?

And all this time they've been saying Bush did it...hmm.

Were you concerned then?? Are you concerned now??

I was pissed we paid them to do it and then they left it for the opposition party to finish their work.

Not one con I talked to at the time would even comment on the fact.

Now you are all of the sudden concerned becausse the dems didnt get it done at this date.

The Rs have BLOCKED everything they can.

This congress has had to do SOOOO much that the Rs left them to do while fighting the Rs who are left trying to keep them from getting anything done.

Whom did you talk to 4 years ago?

people on the internets.

you know that series of tubes.

The right refused to comment from what I remember.

The exiting republican party left a good deal of their JOB for the incoming democratic majority to deal with. They were dubbed the do nothing congress. Not only did they not finish their work but they also had one of the lowest records of oversite in a very long time. They investigated next to nothing.

people on the internets.

The exiting republican party left a good deal of their JOB for the incoming democratic majority to deal with. They were dubbed the do nothing congress. Not only did they not finish their work but they also had one of the lowest records of oversite in a very long time. They investigated next to nothing.

I don't know what series of tubes you're referring to. Sewage system maybe?

If you talk about it on the internet, then is still on the internet. How about providing a link?

people on the internets.

I hate to interrupt your retarded babbling with common sense, but we're talking about the budget NOW, m'k?

The dems haven't begun to put a budget together is they haven't figured out how to do it since November 2008?

Ame®icano;2217147 said:
people on the internets.

If you talk about it on the internet, then is still on the internet. How about providing a link?

I think she's referring to the series of tubes to which THE BORG connect when they are resting and getting FED.

Ame®icano;2217147 said:
people on the internets.

I think she's referring to the series of tubes to which THE BORG connect when they are resting and getting FED.

Its always nice to get the Trekie Nerd POV.:beer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MArU35CklWo&feature=related]YouTube - Series of Tubes (Subtitles) [LOL][/ame]

This guy thought the internet was a series of tubes

He chaired the United States Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation during the 109th Congress.

You would know him as Ted Stevens.

He chaired the United States Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation during the 109th Congress.

You would know him as Ted Stevens.

Al Gore must have explained to him the design specs.

Forum List

Back