CONFIRMED: Coal, Natural Gas, Nuclear Facilities Are. “Main Cause” Of Texas Power Outages

We have windmills all over the central and eastern part of my state.

In the area that gets below freezing weather for months on end from December to April.

None of the windmills here have frozen. Ever.

I wonder how the windmills here withstand decade after decade of below freezing weather for 3 to 4 months solid without freezing but Texas windmills freeze after a couple days of cold weather.

Weird.

Eye pollution.

Power outages in Texas can largely be blamed on frozen instruments at coal, natural gas and nuclear facilities, a Bloomberg report confirmed on Tuesday.

In recent days, conservatives have attacked green energy as the cause of the power disruption.

If Texas would have updated and built a better electrical grid system run by gas and petroleum instead of experimenting with laughable 12th century renewables like wind and sun this would not have happened...and please...Bloomberg?...the biggest sycophant news paper for globalist climate alarmist....
Solar and wind has its place but it will never replace what oil and gas and coal can do for the globes energy needs....
Forbes said the same, as have many other outlets, including Texas's own ERCOT.

Power outages in Texas can largely be blamed on frozen instruments at coal, natural gas and nuclear facilities, a Bloomberg report confirmed on Tuesday.

In recent days, conservatives have attacked green energy as the cause of the power disruption.

Texas will be alright. They don't have a bunch of totally useless wind farms. Just goes to show you how fucked-up this "green energy" shit is.

Some select excerpts;
What Went Wrong With Texas’s Main Electric Grid and Could It Have Been Prevented?
An energy expert explains why some four million Texans suffered a barrage of winter storms without heat in their homes.
Texas Monthly: What happened with the energy grid, exactly ?

Joshua Rhodes: I’ve never seen all 254 counties of Texas under a winter storm warning at the same time. It happens here and there, but just the scale and magnitude of this is so far beyond anything we’ve seen or planned for.

TM: What do winter conditions do for our energy supply in Texas?

JR: Our electricity system is built around meeting our summer peak demand: the hot August afternoons when everyone wants air conditioning. Why are we able to keep the air conditioners on but not able to keep the heaters on? On the hottest summer day you can imagine, say it’s 105 degrees outside, and you’re trying to keep your home at 75 degrees. That’s a 30-degree difference. If it’s 10 degrees outside and you’re trying to keep your home at 70 degrees, that’s a 60-degree difference. While homes that are built up north are designed to hold heat in, our homes are basically designed to keep heat out and get it out as fast as we can. So, we’re not designed for this.

The other difference between summer and now is that in the summer, there’s no competition for natural gas. The power plants get it because they’re making electricity out of it. But in the winter, about 60 percent of homes in Texas use electricity for heating, and the other 40 percent use natural gas. We have a massive demand for natural gas at the same time as we have a massive demand for electricity, so we don’t have enough natural gas to go around to all the power plants that want it and all the homes that want it.

To compound that, we have some natural gas wells out in West Texas that have gotten so cold they’ve actually frozen, so they can’t put more gas into the system. So we’ve got these two systems, the natural gas systems and the electricity systems, both of which are more intertwined in the winter than they are in the summer, and they’re both being pushed to extremes that they were never really designed for.
TM: You mentioned frozen natural gas wells. We also have frozen wind turbines. Is there any particular infrastructure culprit?

JR: I don’t really think there’s any one thing you can point your finger at. When ERCOT does planning for winter, they only really count on 10 percent of wind turbine capacity being available. We’re already not relying on it very heavily to be there. While there have been times where wind has produced as much as ERCOT is relying on it, there have been times where they haven’t produced as much as they’re relied on. But at the same time, we’re also short about one third of our thermal power plants, our natural gas, coal, and nuclear. [Wind turbines are expected to supply about 25 percent of the state’s electricity in the winter, and are currently producing about half of that. Coal- and gas-fired plants are expected to make up 60 percent of the state’s energy production this time of year. ERCOT said Wednesday thermal energy was responsible for 60 percent of the energy loss and 40 percent came from wind and solar.]

In the coming weeks and days, there will be studies that will look at what just happened, what was the timeline to the cascading failures that we have right now. There’s no obvious boogey man at this point.
TM: When it comes to frozen wells and wind turbines, or other infrastructure that is physically affected by the cold, are there preventative measures that could have been taken, such as winterizing?

JR: There are plenty of oil and gas wells in Pennsylvania and North Dakota. It gets a lot colder there than it does here, even today. There are ways of producing gas. All of that infrastructure is site-specific. I would assume it’s more expensive. We could winterize wind turbines better but it would cost more money. We can winterize pipes on power plants, but it would cost more money. We have to decide, what level of risk are we willing to take and what are we willing to pay for?

Lies.

The grid sucks in texas as it does in the entire USA can't handle a EMP attack or 300 million electric cars at night .
I read online that Texas’s grid is mostly independent from the rest of the country. Haven’t confirmed it myself.

That was yesterday's talking point...

It's true, the grid is independent...as in the Texas Interconnection Grid does not cross state lines, while other US grids like the Southern Power Pool, Western Interconnection and Eastern Interconnection grids consist of multiple states.

Texas Interconnection (the main Texas grid) is not federally regulated as it does not cross state lines...but the three other grids do cross into Texas and are tied to the Texas Interconnection grid for power sharing during emergencies.

So even though they are "independent" ... That doesn't mean they are on their own. They recieved power from all over the country.

Screenshot_2021-02-19-15-24-36(1).png

Screenshot_2021-02-19-15-24-42(1).png

Last edited:
The grid sucks in texas as it does in the entire USA can't handle a EMP attack or 300 million electric cars at night .
I read online that Texas’s grid is mostly independent from the rest of the country. Haven’t confirmed it myself.

That was yesterday's talking point...

It's true, the grid is independent...as in the Texas Interconnection Grid does not cross state lines, while other US grids like the Southern Power Pool, Western Interconnection and Eastern Interconnection grids consist of multiple states.

Texas Interconnection (the main Texas grid) is not federally regulated as it does not cross state lines...but the three other grids do cross into Texas and are tied to the Texas Interconnection grid for power sharing during emergencies.

So even though they are "independent" ... That doesn't mean they are on their own. They recieved power from all over the country.

View attachment 459185

View attachment 459186

We can skin a buck and run a trout line and a country boy can survive.

Idiots like you are responsible for this shit, Wang Dung!

Wind turbines froze up, no sun.... that's about it for goofy green, eh?
Water pipes frozen too.....goofy green? Or just maybe a lesser expectation of this cold weather? Wind turbines aren't freezing farther north.

I guess Texas should hurry up their secession now.
They didn't freeze because they were designed for those extreme temps... Moron...

Texas will be alright. They don't have a bunch of totally useless wind farms. Just goes to show you how fucked-up this "green energy" shit is.
Took Texas but two days to stop the decommissioning of that NG plant and they now have one weeks gas supply on site,, The Nuke plants have already started an anti-freeze flow protocol on all inactive systems when temps reach 35 deg F. This crash and burn will not happen again. Now they simply need to remove about half of the wind mills to balance the system and allow those more reliable systems to operate at moderate capacity so that grid instability does not become a problem again.

Texas just threw the Obama/Biden bull shit out the window..

I noticed that there were no details given and since I have worked both in coal fired power plants gas fire power plants and also at number six fired power plants during the coldest spells of the year I am savvy to the potential hazards of the cold weather on those plants. Since no details were offered in the article I'm calling bullshit. Texas only needs to restart a few of its extra large coal-fired plants to solve this problem and I'm sure they will.

sorry, too late. the bat signal was switched on, telling all the useless idiots that wind turbines are to blame. that is now settled "common sense" among the independent and critical american thinkers.

if you point to shut down refineries, ng and coal plants, that's deemed to be "out of context".
The Article is very thin on details.... I have worked in coal, gas and # six power plants on very, very cold days. Which instruments are they talking about in particular???...no mention of it??? Hmmmm..... I smell bullshit actually. Not saying that it doesn't happen but I will say that if it is happening it is because the hydrocarbon plants have not been prioritized...normally power plants are ready for cold weather. Texas might be an exception....they are not supposed to be getting colder weather now that we are well into global warming.... OH..WAIT...

JO

Last edited:
Took Texas but two days to stop the decommissioning of that NG plant and they now have one weeks gas supply on site,, The Nuke plants have already started an anti-freeze flow protocol on all inactive systems when temps reach 35 deg F. This crash and burn will not happen again. Now they simply need to remove about half of the wind mills to balance the system and allow those more reliable systems to operate at moderate capacity so that grid instability does not become a problem again.

Texas just threw the Obama/Biden bull shit out the window..

YEP

Forum List

Back