CONFIRMED: Coal, Natural Gas, Nuclear Facilities Are. “Main Cause” Of Texas Power Outages

Just talked to my cousin, lives just outside Austin.

Been without power since 5 am Monday, made it to her sons place sometime this morning, and returned the call I made yesterday.

She seems to be of the belief the outage is due to the frozen wind towers.

She promised to send some pictures of her area.

Power outages in Texas can largely be blamed on frozen instruments at coal, natural gas and nuclear facilities, a Bloomberg report confirmed on Tuesday.

In recent days, conservatives have attacked green energy as the cause of the power disruption.

sorry, too late. the bat signal was switched on, telling all the useless idiots that wind turbines are to blame. that is now settled "common sense" among the independent and critical american thinkers.

if you point to shut down refineries, ng and coal plants, that's deemed to be "out of context".
This is laughable..

Wind generator froze up, solar panels covered in snow and the remaining grid power systems are to small to deal with the full load due to Obama and Biden green energy bull shit rules... Now your going to blame the Fossil fuel plants for that failure when they were the only things running because your wacko green energy shit failed.... Priceless..
how were they running when they were shut down? is that TrumpLogicTM?
You don't know much about wind turbines in freezing temps. They can not stop rotating because it places to much pressure on the rotor bearings and cracks them. Here in Wyoming where temps get below -30 on a regular basis our turbines are built heavier and with metals that do not contract so badly.. Even with that, sever cold makes us use motors to rotate them to keep them from cracking the main bearings.

Most blades are actually carbon fiber and if they get water in a small crack it will make them unstable and break. Keeping them rotating keeps this water out of the blades and gives longer life. Cold is a wind turbines enemy just as high winds are.

Betting most of the wind turbines will be inspected and a good number will be left offline until they are repaired.
blablabla. you are stuck on the turbines. how about addressing the impact of the weather on natural gas plants, coal plants, oil refineries. you know, the topic. moronic poser.
exactly. read past the first three words.

"The ability of some companies that generate the power has been frozen. This includes the natural gas & coal generators," Abbott wrote...

"The largest oil refinery in the United States, in Port Arthur, is shutting down due to the freezing weather."

thx for the assist, not that it was necessary.
Think about what you just wrote, if that was true canada, Russia and every other cold place on earth would never have electricity you dumb fuck

The article is fake news

BTW, there have been ice storms all over Texas.

Any of you know-nothing crackpots know that happens when power lines, their poles, and adjacent trees get loaded down with ice?
I'll tell ya what happens....THE FUCKING POWER GOES OUT ALL OVER!

And it doesn't matter whether your transmission plant is powered by coal, NG, nuclear, or unicorn piss....THE LIGHTS GO OUT!

Got-dammit are you finger-pointing, pearl clutching weenies dumber than stumps.

Power outages in Texas can largely be blamed on frozen instruments at coal, natural gas and nuclear facilities, a Bloomberg report confirmed on Tuesday.

In recent days, conservatives have attacked green energy as the cause of the power disruption.

Gee, sure sounds like we need to get rid of globull warming ASAP (even if it wrecks the economy), doesn't it??? :laughing0301:

sorry, too late. the bat signal was switched on, telling all the useless idiots that wind turbines are to blame. that is now settled "common sense" among the independent and critical american thinkers.

if you point to shut down refineries, ng and coal plants, that's deemed to be "out of context".
You live in Texas huh, and just mad you can't use your electric car
lol. and i am called a troll in this thread. awesome.

Been without power since 5 am Monday, made it to her sons place sometime this morning, and returned the call I made yesterday.

If the ice storms crippled significant transmission "crossroads", as it were, the power can be out in areas that saw little to no storm activity or severe cold.....It's beginning to look like this is what has happened.

You live in Texas huh, and just mad you can't use your electric car
lol. and i am called a troll in this thread. awesome.
Oh no now my snowmobile controller froze up now I have no lights

This is laughable..

Wind generator froze up, solar panels covered in snow and the remaining grid power systems are to small to deal with the full load due to Obama and Biden green energy bull shit rules... Now your going to blame the Fossil fuel plants for that failure when they were the only things running because your wacko green energy shit failed.... Priceless..
You don't know much about wind turbines in freezing temps. They can not stop rotating because it places to much pressure on the rotor bearings and cracks them. Here in Wyoming where temps get below -30 on a regular basis our turbines are built heavier and with metals that do not contract so badly.. Even with that, sever cold makes us use motors to rotate them to keep them from cracking the main bearings.

Most blades are actually carbon fiber and if they get water in a small crack it will make them unstable and break. Keeping them rotating keeps this water out of the blades and gives longer life. Cold is a wind turbines enemy just as high winds are.

Betting most of the wind turbines will be inspected and a good number will be left offline until they are repaired.
blablabla. you are stuck on the turbines. how about addressing the impact of the weather on natural gas plants, coal plants, oil refineries. you know, the topic. moronic poser.

"The ability of some companies that generate the power has been frozen. This includes the natural gas & coal generators," Abbott wrote...

"The largest oil refinery in the United States, in Port Arthur, is shutting down due to the freezing weather."

Think about what you just wrote, if that was true canada, Russia and every other cold place on earth would never have electricity you dumb fuck

The article is fake news
everything you don't like/understand is fake news. boring.

what is clear to non-spazzers is that the weather brought all parts of your infrastructure down, not only wind turbines.

how about investing in your infrastructure and not in a retarded wall. you are obviously living in a shit hole

If the ice storms crippled significant transmission "crossroads", as it were, the power can be out in areas that saw little to no storm activity or severe cold.....It's beginning to look like this is what has happened.
The grid sucks in texas as it does in the entire USA can't handle a EMP attack or 300 million electric cars at night .

This is laughable..

The article is fake news
everything you don't like/understand is fake news. boring.

what is clear to non-spazzers is that the weather brought all parts of your infrastructure down, not only wind turbines.

how about investing in your infrastructure and not in a retarded wall. you are obviously living in a shit hole
I am a semi retired industrial maintenance guy I no more about fucking electricity then most

So minnesota and New York goes the entire winter with no power plants?

I call bullshit article
The power plants in Minnesota and New York are prepared for cold weather. Texas’s are not.
What they get different controls from granger?

I call bullshit

Here are three nuclear power plants in canada why don't they freeze up?

INrtm9WY2ONnoVmoyTfZfq8TqcV_MUAj4Rk67Db2usRsIkgH_LgkigAqe8lcEb3s2xIfZCpPOp9il7UB0sX8cb5Gftf9uN...png

Wind turbines froze up, no sun.... that's about it for goofy green, eh?

And the goof who breathlessly posted the OP.

The main source of power in Norway, Finland, and Sweden is wind.

I guess Texas had much worse winters than the Baltic’s huh?

:auiqs.jpg:

God Damn you people are dumb as shit. Even ERCOT, the power owners admitted it wasn’t the turbines. Which by the way has been a huge success for power generation in West Texas. It accounts for 20% of generation in the state.

I guess ERCOT paid for all of those turbines because they’re such money losers right?

Shoot yourself now, and save your future generations the embarrassment.

So minnesota and New York goes the entire winter with no power plants?

I call bullshit article
The power plants in Minnesota and New York are prepared for cold weather. Texas’s are not.
What they get different controls from granger?

I call bullshit

Here are three nuclear power plants in canada why don't they freeze up?

View attachment 457994
Lots more information to be determined and specifics aren’t well known, but the cold snap affected all manner of production.

The grid sucks in texas as it does in the entire USA can't handle a EMP attack or 300 million electric cars at night .
I read online that Texas’s grid is mostly independent from the rest of the country. Haven’t confirmed it myself.
I read the same
Clearly this hampers their ability to get electricity from out of state, making them more vulnerable.

But at least they can avoid a lot of federal regulations.

I bet you really believe that. Huh?...lol

Forum List

Back