Confederate Memorials and Monuments - what history do they represent?

Confederate soldiers never went after women, children, and slaves. The Union army under Sherman did.

True story. IMO, they were way more honorable.
If you honestly think anyone believes that people that raped little Black girls and sodomized Black men to make an example of them were honorable then you must be dumber than i thought.

Dumbass Asclepias, the soldiers of the Confederate army did not do that, only Sherman's army did that.

Get it right, derp!
So what youre saying is that when the war actually happened these people that normally were pedophiles and sodomizers became honorable and the people from the north took their place?

Confederate soldiers never went after women, children, and slaves. The Union army under Sherman did.

If you honestly think anyone believes that people that raped little Black girls and sodomized Black men to make an example of them were honorable then you must be dumber than i thought.

Dumbass Asclepias, the soldiers of the Confederate army did not do that, only Sherman's army did that.

Get it right, derp!
Asslips is a communist.

PS: Who in their right mind wants to sodomize a black man?

Not me.

Apparently someone I've seen when I turned the corner one time, but that's a different story.

Whoever it was, was also black.

I'm not into that or having faggots service my unit.

In Georgia some wanted the Confederate flag removed from a Civil War Museum. Curator closed the museum.

I see no issue with it being in the museums - that is the appropriate place imo.

I have no connection whatsoever to those Confederate statues, having lived in California my whole life, but I'm opposed to bringing them all down.

First of all, we are told Its just about these statues and that the people they represent were bad people."Why do you want to support generals who fought for slavery?" Well, IF IT REALLY WAS, just about these statues it would be one thing, but its really more about that some of us can see this is just a continuation of an ongoing effort to discredit the United States. Just look at people burning the US flag, saying the national anthem is racist, Trying to discredit the founders of the country. And of course next, would be any documents that were written by the founders of the country. Confederate Generals are only a soft target. It's the easy place to start, but to me I just kind of see it as all the same mindset. The mindset of looking for a grievance, not really wanting to get along or compromise, not wanting to be thankful for living in a place full of opportunity but rather wanting to tear someone else down in an effort to get some sort of social justice, which I really see as a never ending thing.

Hmmmm the statues represent people who fought against the United States.

They were acting to 'discredit' the United States when they declared that the United States was acting against them.
When was Christopher Columbus fighting against the United States? Catholic Saints? Abraham Lincoln? Teddy Roosevelt? All statues recently attacked and vandalized by the left.

You left wingers love to lie.

You assholes don't even really care about the statues...it's just a reason to destroy stuff in a faux PC protest.
Columbus was pedophile, murderer, and sociopath. Why is there a day named after him?

He was a pretty bad guy. I once went to Dominicana, visited his palace there all made out of giant coral blocks. Went through the museum and talked to one of the curators there who is a native islander, she did give me a run down on a lot of the local history and what life was like there for a slave during the time of Columbus. She said most of the natives on Hispanola had boats so many of them could escape to other places and resettle but the african slaves had it pretty bad there, they would get worked to death within a few months usually or die from disease or both. and they had somewhat of a torture chamber there. Some of the implements were on display if I remember correct, but its been a long time.
As to how Columbus day came about, i never really researched that, but maybe It was meant to be a feel good day for Italian Immigrants, who knows? I'm sure someone lobbied for the day, thats usually how it happens. If anything, there was probably not much thought put into it other than people knew the dates of the voyage.

You just make stuff up as you go along. Lmfao. Your a blithering idiot.

Not me.

Apparently someone I've seen when I turned the corner one time, but that's a different story.

Evidently lots of white guys are sexually deviants. It was known way to mentally castrate Black men. i dont get why they also raped little Black girls except they are generally animal like in nature.

CONFEDERATE-STATUE-DALLAS-01.jpg
Thats what erasers are for. Erasing mistakes, lies, and symbols of hate. Even Robert E Lee agreed with me.

I keep hearing about the Left's violence about removing statutes, but the only death seems to be a woman who was intentionally run down by a white NAZI domestic terrorist.

Get it right, derp!
So what youre saying is that when the war actually happened these people that normally were pedophiles and sodomizers became honorable and the people from the north took their place?

For the last time, stupid Asclepias, The Confederate army committed zero atrocities compared to the wake of Sherman's march.

Tell you what, motherfucker. Take your ass to Atlanta and proclaim on a corner how much you like general Sherman and see what happens, k? Don't be surprised if some 100- year old woman shotguns ya, k?

I see no issue with it being in the museums - that is the appropriate place imo.

I have no connection whatsoever to those Confederate statues, having lived in California my whole life, but I'm opposed to bringing them all down.

First of all, we are told Its just about these statues and that the people they represent were bad people."Why do you want to support generals who fought for slavery?" Well, IF IT REALLY WAS, just about these statues it would be one thing, but its really more about that some of us can see this is just a continuation of an ongoing effort to discredit the United States. Just look at people burning the US flag, saying the national anthem is racist, Trying to discredit the founders of the country. And of course next, would be any documents that were written by the founders of the country. Confederate Generals are only a soft target. It's the easy place to start, but to me I just kind of see it as all the same mindset. The mindset of looking for a grievance, not really wanting to get along or compromise, not wanting to be thankful for living in a place full of opportunity but rather wanting to tear someone else down in an effort to get some sort of social justice, which I really see as a never ending thing.

They were acting to 'discredit' the United States when they declared that the United States was acting against them.
When was Christopher Columbus fighting against the United States? Catholic Saints? Abraham Lincoln? Teddy Roosevelt? All statues recently attacked and vandalized by the left.

You assholes don't even really care about the statues...it's just a reason to destroy stuff in a faux PC protest.
Columbus was pedophile, murderer, and sociopath. Why is there a day named after him?

He was a pretty bad guy. I once went to Dominicana, visited his palace there all made out of giant coral blocks. Went through the museum and talked to one of the curators there who is a native islander, she did give me a run down on a lot of the local history and what life was like there for a slave during the time of Columbus. She said most of the natives on Hispanola had boats so many of them could escape to other places and resettle but the african slaves had it pretty bad there, they would get worked to death within a few months usually or die from disease or both. and they had somewhat of a torture chamber there. Some of the implements were on display if I remember correct, but its been a long time.
As to how Columbus day came about, i never really researched that, but maybe It was meant to be a feel good day for Italian Immigrants, who knows? I'm sure someone lobbied for the day, thats usually how it happens. If anything, there was probably not much thought put into it other than people knew the dates of the voyage.
For Italian- Americans.

Not me.

Whoever it was, was also black.

I think Asslips is a bottom?

Dude would kill native children, cut them up, and feed them to his dogs. There was another event that happened that year but not too many people put them together. Its also the year the Moors were expelled from Europe. Someone knew this. It wasnt a plug for Italians because columbus was a portuguese white jew. It was a plug for white power.

I grew up in Maryland - kind of an "in between" state.

I'm curious...what do you make of the reason these monuments were erected - of how they coincided with segrationist movements and such? Was it something you weren't aware of (I wasn't)...?

Like I said - I found the Civil War history fascinating. My father used to take me to the Battle Field sites, and taught me a good bit about it. I'm near both Maryland and Pennsylvania and am frequently coming accross placards commemerating some Civil War event or another. But the monuments in question weren't battle field monuments. That kind of surprised me.

Do you think it might be time to retire some of these symbols to institutions of history, like Museums? I find it hard to imagine that black citizens living in those states could ever feel totally included with those symbols.

Serious thoughts - not trolling or anything.

The guy who carved Mt. Rushmore was fired, and hit upon a sure fire way to stay working for the rest of his life, by proposing the carving on Stone mountain. It was a huge success, because the old South was digging in their heels big time with Jim Crow laws, designed to keep blacks subservient forever. The racial world depicted in "To Kill a Mockingbird" was real. It became much worse, during the depression, because now blacks were entering factories and leaving the fields. That made them an economic threat to the white man. There really was a sign at a county line in Georgia reading, "N***R, don't let the sun go down", implying that he was in danger of being lynched in that county after sunset. I saw it. In the 1950's, if a black man did not shift his gaze to the sidewalk in front of him, when you passed him, it was considered an "uppity" black, looking for trouble. Outside of Atlanta, there was an affluent suburb down Ponce de Leon Avenue which got the first electrified trolleys in the city so that the affluent households there could fill their houses with black servants, who would all be back to the other side of town by trolley when it got dark. I could go on, and on, but the racism I saw growing up was almost as bad of the worst that South Africa ever had.
You pretty much nailed it. After centuries of white male affirmative action they had competition that actually knew the job better than them and worked at a lower rate..
So they should have been unemployed?
Why not? We had to deal with it when whites hired other whites even though the Blacks knew the job better.
What jobs were that? Please give me an example of the African architecture, metal smithing, or engineering that they brought from Africa that was anywhere on par with the Enlightenment and Renaissance ideas brought to the New World by European's?

Benin did have a pretty advanced bronze works equal with that of anything in Europe at one point, I have a couple of those pieces sitting here in my house.
Only thing is, the bronze statues and plaques were only for the royal court, so I think that must have limited the proliferation further in Africa, as there would have been certain favored artisans who did the work for the King and his family.
They did actually have street lights in Benin city before they had them in Europe. Benin's main problem was their political system though.

Much of the Civil War was about the North wanting to steal the South's wealth.

The guy who carved Mt. Rushmore was fired, and hit upon a sure fire way to stay working for the rest of his life, by proposing the carving on Stone mountain. It was a huge success, because the old South was digging in their heels big time with Jim Crow laws, designed to keep blacks subservient forever. The racial world depicted in "To Kill a Mockingbird" was real. It became much worse, during the depression, because now blacks were entering factories and leaving the fields. That made them an economic threat to the white man. There really was a sign at a county line in Georgia reading, "N***R, don't let the sun go down", implying that he was in danger of being lynched in that county after sunset. I saw it. In the 1950's, if a black man did not shift his gaze to the sidewalk in front of him, when you passed him, it was considered an "uppity" black, looking for trouble. Outside of Atlanta, there was an affluent suburb down Ponce de Leon Avenue which got the first electrified trolleys in the city so that the affluent households there could fill their houses with black servants, who would all be back to the other side of town by trolley when it got dark. I could go on, and on, but the racism I saw growing up was almost as bad of the worst that South Africa ever had.
You pretty much nailed it. After centuries of white male affirmative action they had competition that actually knew the job better than them and worked at a lower rate..
So they should have been unemployed?
Why not? We had to deal with it when whites hired other whites even though the Blacks knew the job better.
What jobs were that? Please give me an example of the African architecture, metal smithing, or engineering that they brought from Africa that was anywhere on par with the Enlightenment and Renaissance ideas brought to the New World by European's?

Benin did have a pretty advanced bronze works equal with that of anything in Europe at one point, I have a couple of those pieces sitting here in my house.
Only thing is, the bronze statues and plaques were only for the royal court, so I think that must have limited the proliferation further in Africa, as there would have been certain favored artisans who did the work for the King and his family.
They did actually have street lights in Benin city before they had them in Europe. Benin's main problem was their political system though.
its no use. his white power insecurity blanket was stitched into his skin long ago. he'd rather die than admit to the facts.

That post shows your abject lack of education. Blacks brought you out of the Dark Ages and taught you architecture reading, science etc. You do realize carbonized steel was invented in Africa several centuries before europe figured it out. My guess is that Africans taught them.
Lol. More revisionist history. Arab world was Middle East in terms of weapons grade steel...and they most likely stole it from the Greeks. Not Black African's living in mud huts, selling each other into slavery.
Not really the point of the thread and I have educated you before like the Africans did the greeks. I have no issue with you using fake history as a pacifier.
Such an advanced people.

I agree.

2B376E9800000578-0-image-a-106_1439132582367.jpg

The dolphin guy is a true liberal.

Thats what erasers are for. Erasing mistakes, lies, and symbols of hate. Even Robert E Lee agreed with me.
No he did not.

“I think it wiser not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered.”

-Robert E Lee.
The "feelings" not monuments to the war dead.

Forum List

Back