Concession Speeches Are Not Legally Binding

The import of a concession is that it signifies the candidate's telling his "people" to stop any attempts to challenge the outcome. Once that happens, there is no longer any possibility of litigation or other disputation of the results. In a word, it's over.

It would not be surprising if Trump does not ever concede defeat in this election, which would merely mean that his attorneys and campaign officials will pursue every tenable avenue of challenge until it leads to a dead end.

Then it is likely that some Senate committee will investigate the various documented shenanigans to ascertain whether they impact the final result.

Last edited:
The import of a concession is that it signifies the candidate's telling his "people" to stop any attempts to challenge the outcome. Once that happens, there is no longer any possibility of litigation or other disputation of the results. In a word, it's over.
Absolute nonsense.

My guess is that he thinks that when he gets dragged into court, he'll claim he can't be charged with the crimes still, because he never conceded the presidency.

I will be shocked if Trump ever accepts defeat in a humble way.
Lots of people don't think the election was fair.

And they just can't seem to prove it wasn't.
Fifty+ judges, some Trump appointees, say it was.
SCOTUS won't hear frivolous cases and Bill Barr said there was no fraud.
Even Moscow Mitch has stepped up to congratulate Biden.
So there's lots of REALLY STUPID people out there.

Are concession speeches legally binding?

All this boohoo about a Trump concession speech is silly.

You are right.

Have you noticed how silent the "liberal" media have been about the lady in Georgia who lost the race for governor and who has refused to concede because she said that the election rules were unfair?

You mean this "liberal" media???
The story is almost two years old.
You've got ADS. (Abrams Derangement Syndrome)

Why Stacey Abrams Is Still Saying She Won - The New York ...
www.nytimes.com › stacey-abrams-election-georgia

Apr 28, 2019 — I had a state race that was nationalized because of its ... People have talked about your campaign for governor of Georgia as ... refused to concede. ... It's one thing to say you lost that election unfairly, and it's another to say you ... I do not concede that the process was proper, nor do I condone that process.

Stacey Abrams Ends Fight for Georgia Governor With Harsh ...
www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Elections

Nov 16, 2018 — Stacey Abrams said that her Republican rival, Brian Kemp, has the votes to be governor but that she wouldn't concede because ... who would have become the first black woman to be elected governor anywhere in the ... record as the state's chief elections regulator and on the balloting process in Georgia.

Fact check: Partly false claim about Stacey Abrams' 2018 race
www.usatoday.com › news › factcheck › 2020/11/18

Claim: Stacey Abrams had the Georgia governorship stolen for her by a ‘corrupt’ secretary of state, then registered 800,000 new voters
Claimed by: social media users

Who is Stacey Abrams? She lost the Georgia governor's race ...
www.washingtonpost.com › lifestyle › style › 2019/02/02

Feb 3, 2019 — In that moment, it felt as if Abrams's historic campaign was successful, ... Unlike many politicians who have lost big races, Abrams has made clear she isn't going away. ... Abrams has said that she will use the platform to “deliver a vision for ... Georgia was ready for a black woman in the governor's mansion.
Why Stacey Abrams Is Still Saying She Won (Published 2019)

Forum List

Back