Computer's save us gas

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
Wouldn't it be a smarter more efficient society if we included computers like the one's in cars, that report damage and malfunction of specific parts for HVAC and pretty much any appliance? Then just radio in when there is need of repair saving on efficiency doing inspection an ordering parts etc..

Wouldn't it be a smarter more efficient society if we included computers like the one's in cars, that report damage and malfunction of specific parts for HVAC and pretty much any appliance? Then just radio in when there is need of repair saving on efficiency doing inspection an ordering parts etc..
No. They would junk them up with automatic timing and planned maintenance management for me to pay for, when I can intelligently do my own.

No. They would junk them up with automatic timing and planned maintenance management for me to pay for, when I can intelligently do my own.
Well I suppose that would be all in well for you but not everyone knows how to do that. For you the computer could be turned off. Simple as that. NP

Since I cannot figure out how to make our fridge stop sending me alerts every time someone leaves the door open too long, I vote no. Anyway, you still would need someone to come out just like you would still need someone to test your car. Some of the codes are so generic like a misfire that they are pretty useless. That said, when my then 1 year old HVAC system went bonkers, the guy knew what it was as soon as I called him. I had no heat or AC and the fan was running wide open no-stop. It was a stupid faulty sensor that tripped it into safety mode.

Would it save gas or a liquid?

No.

You would just be needlessly overcomplicating it. Computers often fail and/or malfunction. So you are just adding something to your HVAC system or appliance that can and will eventually fail, thus making failure more likely.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back