Companies with 50 employees or more now required to have breastfeeding rooms

FOR GOD'S SAKE----THEY ARE JUST TITS !:banghead:

This country is still chained to some puritan ways thanks to certain people.

They don't have this problem in Europe I'm willing to bet.
Or South America, my neighborhood.
It's nothing to see a tit whipped out at a bus stop or restaurant.
Well. These folks aren't brainwashed idiots.
I've seen dumb ***** in the Empire cover their kids eyes while dogs were fucking.
Idiots.
Jesus hates tits.:cuckoo:

Will there be nursing rooms in the dugouts? Just in case the Yankees recruit a female player in the future. Uneffinbelievable.

It isn't even a 'ROOM' that's called for!!

Nursing mothers will now get additional support, thanks to page 1239 of the health care bill that President Obama recently signed into law. It requires employers to provide "a place, other than a bathroom, that is shielded from view and free from intrusion from co-workers and the public, which may be used by an employee to express breast milk."

Amazing how the clause has taken on a life of its own, apart from what it actually SAYS.

What Doggie doesn't realize is that such regulations are used to punish companies that need to be brought in line. Because it is ridiculous, oversight will be selective.

Oh bullshit. You have so bought into the nonsense that the Obama government intends to "control" everything we do, you probably think that swat teams will soon be busting into homes and businesses to verify compliance with every written word. That's pure hysterical thinking, bordering on psycho-paranoia.

something wrong with the bathroom? Is this a special room just for breast feeding, of just that they have to give them a private place to do so?

Can't have moms taking advantage of the company. Install cameras.

On a more serious note, where do we put the kid inbetween feedings?

Would all you people PLEASE READ THE LINK IN THE OP???!! It isn't about breast-FEEDING. It's about a place to pump breast milk, and it does not designate a ROOM at all--simply an non-intrusive area.

Geezus...

This makes so much sense for companies with no breastfeeding mothers.

What a great use of capital resources.

In my last company, I had several new moms on staff. As they returned to work, we juggled offices to make a private space for them - it was on an adhoc as needed basis - and we did it voluntarily. I would have been outraged to preserve a Breastfeeding Temple for the times when it wasn't needed.

It's a freakin room.

Talk about overreaction.

Edit:

Note so I don't get 50 other responses on this post. I'm calling her rhetoric over this a bit of a overreaction.

The problem is the federal government going into a PRIVATE company and once again demanding that THEY be able to call the shots.

You mean like 40 hour work weeks, child labor laws, maternity leave for both females and males now, workman's compensation., unemployment compensation, social security employer match, overtime requirements, minimum wage, workplace safety regs, no smoking mandates, Holiday pay, Holiday hours, no liquor sales Sunday am, required check for citizenship on who they hire...and those type of things, which all affect the private business?:confused:

Our tiny office has a "lactation" room. It has never been used.

I breast fed in public sometimes, if I didn't have a room. I always just put a blanket over me and found a quiet spot. But I always preferred doing it in private.

Call me crazy, I'm just not all that into strangers watching my kid slurping on my boob.

Thank God I just realized this thread is two days old and I won't waste anymore time on it. By now the 'morans' have gotten it all out of their system that a private area designated where a new mother can pump her breast milk is no big deal.

And I've never seen anyone get upset at a woman breastfeeding in public. Ever. I'm almost 46 years old, have 4 kids, and have seen a lot of things.

The only ones that have been hassled about it are typically ones who are being inappropriate about it. Usually by behaving like exhibitionists in inappropriate venues.

If someone can show me where a woman quietly breastfeeding has been harassed, I'd honestly be interested in hearing about it.

Thank God I just realized this thread is two days old and I won't waste anymore time on it. By now the 'morans' have gotten it all out of their system that a private area designated where a new mother can pump her breast milk is no big deal.

Thats not the issue.

The issue is the fed requiring it for companies...even if it is not needed.

And I've never seen anyone get upset at a woman breastfeeding in public. Ever. I'm almost 46 years old, have 4 kids, and have seen a lot of things.

The only ones that have been hassled about it are typically ones who are being inappropriate about it. Usually by behaving like exhibitionists in inappropriate venues.

If someone can show me where a woman quietly breastfeeding has been harassed, I'd honestly be interested in hearing about it.
huh...there was a huge ruckus about someone doing it during a Patriot's game several years ago. And another about a woman on an airplane doing it.

Thats not the issue.

Maggie Mae is not known for her comprehension. If I were you I'd cut my losses and surrender now.

The Feds say this? Huh, where in the Constitution does is say the government can require a private business to provide breastfeeding rooms at the company's expense? I guess right after the Constitution says the government can force every citizen to obtain health insurance or else be fined. Yeah, that's right where the Constitution states it. :cuckoo:

God help our nation and for the lunatics to be overthrown.

There are male dominated businesses that have no demand for this. I work in a female dominated workplace where there are zero lactating women. In the past, this was taken care of discreetly in the nurse's office.

Also, remember govt offices never do anything on the cheap. Costs of providing first class pumping stations will be picked up by the taxpayers in every municipality, county, state, and federal office. Hey - what's the price tag? Surely the CBO accounted for this, did they not?

It's a freakin room.

Talk about overreaction.

Edit:

Note so I don't get 50 other responses on this post. I'm calling her rhetoric over this a bit of a overreaction.

The problem is the federal government going into a PRIVATE company and once again demanding that THEY be able to call the shots.

You mean like 40 hour work weeks, child labor laws, maternity leave for both females and males now, workman's compensation., unemployment compensation, social security employer match, overtime requirements, minimum wage, workplace safety regs, no smoking mandates, Holiday pay, Holiday hours, no liquor sales Sunday am, required check for citizenship on who they hire...and those type of things, which all affect the private business?:confused:

Yes, exactly like some of those things. All systems, including capitalism require some sort of structure to function well but laws like this are problems. They make one persons personal decisions another persons obligation.

Thats not the issue.

Well? Somebody thinks it's needed. Not all laws on the books are "needed" by all 306 million of us, you know.

Forum List

Back