Companies with 50 employees or more now required to have breastfeeding rooms

The Feds say this? Huh, where in the Constitution does is say the government can require a private business to provide breastfeeding rooms at the company's expense? I guess right after the Constitution says the government can force every citizen to obtain health insurance or else be fined. Yeah, that's right where the Constitution states it. :cuckoo:

God help our nation and for the lunatics to be overthrown.

Why are there more places in men's public rest rooms to pee, plus regular toilets? I say that's discrimination and it's fucking unconstitutional! :eusa_eh:

It seems a bit excessive and I would guess this will be revised. To have a room dedicated to breastfeeding would leave the space unused much of the time. A multi-purpose room that could be used by all employees for a personal phonecall, prayer, time out and breast feeding if needed makes more sense

Last edited:
Maybe they can hand out some of those FEMA trailers they've got sitting around.

Can someone figure out what the percentage of lactating moms there are in the workplace? We can use Maggie's 306 million figure as a baseline. I'm not great at math but my guestimate would be in the .0000001 range.

The Feds say this? Huh, where in the Constitution does is say the government can require a private business to provide breastfeeding rooms at the company's expense? I guess right after the Constitution says the government can force every citizen to obtain health insurance or else be fined. Yeah, that's right where the Constitution states it. :cuckoo:

God help our nation and for the lunatics to be overthrown.

Why are there more places in men's public rest rooms to pee, plus regular toilets? I say that's discrimination and it's fucking unconstitutional! :eusa_eh:

Have Schumer jump on that for you. He is just full of crap and doesn't know the Constitution, so he should fall for it.

They don't want to give women rooms, but they don't want them to nurse their children in public! Sounds like the conservatives to me!

Thank God I just realized this thread is two days old and I won't waste anymore time on it. By now the 'morans' have gotten it all out of their system that a private area designated where a new mother can pump her breast milk is no big deal.

Thats not the issue.

The issue is the fed requiring it for companies...even if it is not needed.

Well? Somebody thinks it's needed. Not all laws on the books are "needed" by all 306 million of us, you know.

I think there needs to be a law that every citizen pays me $1 per year.

Same stupid ass logic.

What Doggie doesn't realize is that such regulations are used to punish companies that need to be brought in line. Because it is ridiculous, oversight will be selective.

Oh bullshit. You have so bought into the nonsense that the Obama government intends to "control" everything we do, you probably think that swat teams will soon be busting into homes and businesses to verify compliance with every written word. That's pure hysterical thinking, bordering on psycho-paranoia.

No there won't be swat teams. But do expect to hear more from the IRS.

Thank God I just realized this thread is two days old and I won't waste anymore time on it. By now the 'morans' have gotten it all out of their system that a private area designated where a new mother can pump her breast milk is no big deal.

Thats not the issue.

The issue is the fed requiring it for companies...even if it is not needed.

Well? Somebody thinks it's needed. Not all laws on the books are "needed" by all 306 million of us, you know.

Oh please. If the lactating women at a work place need a place to pump they can get together with office management/human resources and solve the problem themselves. They don't need nanny sam to come in and do it for them.

Companies with 50 employees or more now required to have breastfeeding rooms

Those are called unisex bathrooms.

Every little Federal regulation when taken on it's own may not mean much. But here again the Federal Government is getting involved where it needs to stay away. I can see billions of wasted dollars because of this little intrusion, and I wonder how many more things like this we'll eventually find out about. This was a bad bill, period.

Just classify new moms as disabled. Then we'll cover them under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Their own special toilet stall with two holes in the wall and a pump.

Maybe they can hand out some of those FEMA trailers they've got sitting around.

Can someone figure out what the percentage of lactating moms there are in the workplace? We can use Maggie's 306 million figure as a baseline. I'm not great at math but my guestimate would be in the .0000001 range.

That's why it's one of those silly provisions that won't be enforced anyway. I still say some dope stuck it in there in exchange for her(?) vote on the bill.

What Doggie doesn't realize is that such regulations are used to punish companies that need to be brought in line. Because it is ridiculous, oversight will be selective.

Oh bullshit. You have so bought into the nonsense that the Obama government intends to "control" everything we do, you probably think that swat teams will soon be busting into homes and businesses to verify compliance with every written word. That's pure hysterical thinking, bordering on psycho-paranoia.

No there won't be swat teams. But do expect to hear more from the IRS.

I hope so. I'd love to see the IRS get tougher on the rich bastards that wire millions to offshore banks to evade taxes.

Forum List

Back