Coming Soon to Pyongyang!

Its disgusting how people can be so giddy and aroused by war and destruction.
if_you_want_peace_by_fahadsaud-d5ezf69.jpg

So, you would have our military commit war crimes just to satisfy your blood lust?

Take note of this dick-head's attempt to control the narrative.

Fail

Cherry picking my quote I see. I was responding to someone who had posted that carpet bombing N. Korea would be a good thing, and I posted (with links and text) that carpet bombing is a war crime (has been since '77), and asked if they thought our military should commit war crimes (carpet bombing) to satisfy their blood lust.

Wrong again!

Really?

Carpet bombing, also known as saturation bombing, is a large aerial bombing done in a progressive manner to inflict damage in every part of a selected area of land.[1][2][3][4] The phrase evokes the image of explosions completely covering an area, in the same way that a carpet covers a floor. Carpet bombing is usually achieved by dropping many unguided bombs.

The term obliteration bombing is sometimes used to describe especially intensified bombing with the intention of destroying a city or a large part of the city.[5] The term area bombing refers to indiscriminate bombing of an area,[5] and also encompasses cases of carpet bombing, including obliteration bombing. It was used in that sense especially during World War II.[5] Carpet bombing of cities, towns, villages, or other areas containing a concentration of civilians is considered a war crime[6] as of the 1977 Protocol I of the Geneva Conventions.

Carpet bombing - Wikipedia

So, you would have our military commit war crimes just to satisfy your blood lust?

Fail

Cherry picking my quote I see. I was responding to someone who had posted that carpet bombing N. Korea would be a good thing, and I posted (with links and text) that carpet bombing is a war crime (has been since '77), and asked if they thought our military should commit war crimes (carpet bombing) to satisfy their blood lust.

Wrong again!

Really?

Carpet bombing, also known as saturation bombing, is a large aerial bombing done in a progressive manner to inflict damage in every part of a selected area of land.[1][2][3][4] The phrase evokes the image of explosions completely covering an area, in the same way that a carpet covers a floor. Carpet bombing is usually achieved by dropping many unguided bombs.

The term obliteration bombing is sometimes used to describe especially intensified bombing with the intention of destroying a city or a large part of the city.[5] The term area bombing refers to indiscriminate bombing of an area,[5] and also encompasses cases of carpet bombing, including obliteration bombing. It was used in that sense especially during World War II.[5] Carpet bombing of cities, towns, villages, or other areas containing a concentration of civilians is considered a war crime[6] as of the 1977 Protocol I of the Geneva Conventions.

We never signed that protocol. It is contained in the very reference you cited. We carpet bombed the hell out out of the Iraqis in Desert Storm and also during OIF.

This is a prime example of you talking out of your ass because you were never trained in the Geneva Convention because all you did was shuffle papers. You had no need to know.

Fail

Wrong again!

Really?

We never signed that protocol. It is contained in the very reference you cited. We carpet bombed the hell out out of the Iraqis in Desert Storm and also during OIF.

This is a prime example of you talking out of your ass because you were never trained in the Geneva Convention because all you did was shuffle papers. You had no need to know.

Wrong. We did not carpet bomb anyone in Desert Storm. We used guided munitions against MILITARY targets. If you carpet bomb something, you do it indiscriminately, with no regard for civilian casualties. You really shouldn't listen to Ted Cruz.

Republicans Love First Gulf War, Don’t Really Remember It

Asked by moderator Wolf Blitzer what he meant by "carpet-bomb ISIS into oblivion," Sen. Ted Cruz responded that it means:

Using overwhelming air power to utterly and completely destroy ISIS. To put things in perspective, in the first Persian Gulf War, we launched roughly 1,100 air attacks a day. We carpet-bombed them for 36 days, saturation bombing, after which our troops went in and in a day and a half mopped up what was left of the Iraqi army.
As Defense One national security reporter Marcus Weisgerber pointed out, the U.S. did not carpet-bomb in the opening days of the Desert Storm.* That air campaign was in fact the first large-scale deployment of precision-guided munitions to target specific Iraqi military assets, which was the reason it was so effective. This doesn’t mean the bombs never struck civilians, but Cruz’s formulation implies no effort was made to distinguish them. Carpet-bombing is the indiscriminate bombing of a particular area to cause uniform destruction without distinguishing between targets, a tactic the U.S. used to some degree in Germany during World War II and in North Vietnam.

“Carpet-bombing” is one of Cruz’s go-to lines, but as retired Maj. Gen. Robert Scales told the New York Times last week, it’s “one of those phrases that people with no military experience throw around.” This was amply demonstrated when Blitzer pressed Cruz on whether he would be willing to bomb civilians in the ISIS capital, Raqqa, Syria. “You would carpet-bomb where ISIS is, not a city, but the location of the troops,” Cruz replied. “You have embedded special forces to direct the air power. But the object isn't to level a city. The object is to kill the ISIS terrorists.” That is a pretty good definition of precision bombing, Ted! Carpet-bombing, for Cruz, seems to just mean “a lot of bombs.”

Fail

Wrong again!

Really?

Wrong. We did not carpet bomb anyone in Desert Storm. We used guided munitions against MILITARY targets. If you carpet bomb something, you do it indiscriminately, with no regard for civilian casualties. You really shouldn't listen to Ted Cruz.

Asked by moderator Wolf Blitzer what he meant by "carpet-bomb ISIS into oblivion," Sen. Ted Cruz responded that it means:

Using overwhelming air power to utterly and completely destroy ISIS. To put things in perspective, in the first Persian Gulf War, we launched roughly 1,100 air attacks a day. We carpet-bombed them for 36 days, saturation bombing, after which our troops went in and in a day and a half mopped up what was left of the Iraqi army.
As Defense One national security reporter Marcus Weisgerber pointed out, the U.S. did not carpet-bomb in the opening days of the Desert Storm.* That air campaign was in fact the first large-scale deployment of precision-guided munitions to target specific Iraqi military assets, which was the reason it was so effective. This doesn’t mean the bombs never struck civilians, but Cruz’s formulation implies no effort was made to distinguish them. Carpet-bombing is the indiscriminate bombing of a particular area to cause uniform destruction without distinguishing between targets, a tactic the U.S. used to some degree in Germany during World War II and in North Vietnam.

“Carpet-bombing” is one of Cruz’s go-to lines, but as retired Maj. Gen. Robert Scales told the New York Times last week, it’s “one of those phrases that people with no military experience throw around.” This was amply demonstrated when Blitzer pressed Cruz on whether he would be willing to bomb civilians in the ISIS capital, Raqqa, Syria. “You would carpet-bomb where ISIS is, not a city, but the location of the troops,” Cruz replied. “You have embedded special forces to direct the air power. But the object isn't to level a city. The object is to kill the ISIS terrorists.” That is a pretty good definition of precision bombing, Ted! Carpet-bombing, for Cruz, seems to just mean “a lot of bombs.”

So, tell us Ms. PN, in all of your military expertise, how does a B-52 drop precision guided dumb bombs?

Wrong again!

Really?

So, tell us Ms. PN, in all of your military expertise, how does a B-52 drop precision guided dumb bombs?

Short answer? JDAMs.

The Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) is a guidance kit that converts unguided bombs, or "dumb bombs", into all-weather "smart" munitions. JDAM-equipped bombs are guided by an integrated inertial guidance system coupled to a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver, giving them a published range of up to 15 nautical miles (28 km). JDAM-equipped bombs range from 500 pounds (227 kg) to 2,000 pounds (907 kg).[1] When installed on a bomb, the JDAM kit is given a GBU (Guided Bomb Unit) nomenclature, superseding the Mark 80 or BLU (Bomb, Live Unit) nomenclature of the bomb to which it is attached.

The JDAM is not a stand-alone weapon; rather it is a "bolt-on" guidance package that converts unguided gravity bombs into precision-guided munitions (PGMs). The key components of the system consist of a tail section with aerodynamic control surfaces, a (body) strake kit, and a combined inertial guidance system and GPS guidance control unit.

The JDAM was meant to improve upon laser-guided bomb and imaging infrared technology, which can be hindered by bad ground and weather conditions. Laser seekers are now being fitted to some JDAMs.[2]

From 1998 to November 2016, Boeing completed over 300,000 JDAM guidance kits, and is now building them at a rate of over 130 kits per day.[3]

If we are nuked we would not carpet bomb. We would obliterate them with sea and land launched ICBM's.

Wrong again!

Really?

Short answer? JDAMs.

The Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) is a guidance kit that converts unguided bombs, or "dumb bombs", into all-weather "smart" munitions. JDAM-equipped bombs are guided by an integrated inertial guidance system coupled to a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver, giving them a published range of up to 15 nautical miles (28 km). JDAM-equipped bombs range from 500 pounds (227 kg) to 2,000 pounds (907 kg).[1] When installed on a bomb, the JDAM kit is given a GBU (Guided Bomb Unit) nomenclature, superseding the Mark 80 or BLU (Bomb, Live Unit) nomenclature of the bomb to which it is attached.

The JDAM is not a stand-alone weapon; rather it is a "bolt-on" guidance package that converts unguided gravity bombs into precision-guided munitions (PGMs). The key components of the system consist of a tail section with aerodynamic control surfaces, a (body) strake kit, and a combined inertial guidance system and GPS guidance control unit.

The JDAM was meant to improve upon laser-guided bomb and imaging infrared technology, which can be hindered by bad ground and weather conditions. Laser seekers are now being fitted to some JDAMs.[2]

From 1998 to November 2016, Boeing completed over 300,000 JDAM guidance kits, and is now building them at a rate of over 130 kits per day.[3]

My God, you are such a scary wikipedia commando!

You don't know shit about shit!

Why don't you take the first step to getting out of a hole and stop digging?

Try using a JDAM against a moving target and see how well GPS works!

You are a the consummate loser!

Were you good at being a PN? If so, stick to what you know, because in this arena you are a laughing stock!

The Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea is a small but proud nation which has stood against the odds many times. Even though the world may change a thousand times, we will carry on regardless.

Empty threats from the rich oligarch President Donald Trump do not scare us as we have destiny and fate on our side.

In the year Juche 38 the heroic Korean Peoples Army pushed back the American Imperialist Invaders and almost wiped them out from the Korean peninsula. America thinks it can crush the DPRK like Iraq but they do not understand the inherent strength of the Korean people.

Under the strong and benevolent leadership of the Marshal Kim Jong-un and the Great Leader President Kim Il-sung, we are a force to be reckoned with.

A force to be reckoned with until you fuck up. Then you will be roasted like the slant eyed bastards that you are.

Really?

Short answer? JDAMs.

Were you good at being a PN? If so, stick to what you know, because in this arena you are a laughing stock!

You are the one moving the goalposts. You asked if there was any way for a B52 to drop precision guided munitions, and I showed you. Now, you are trying to say that they are incapable of hitting a moving target. Hey stupid.............you don't generally drop bombs on moving targets.

You conservative fucks cant' win a war.

And neither could Obama in Afghanistan :badgrin:

-Geaux
Bush had 8 fucking years to settle Afghanistan!!!!!!

So did Obama but he decided to escalate the war

-Geaux
The General's, the congress, and the military industrial complex escalated the war.

No, Obama did

-Geaux
----

Obama Gambles On Afghan Escalation
December 1, 200910:16 PM ET
KEVIN WHITELAW

obama-0c3abeb996bd671e643fb2d6c5fa29de3746c5f0-s1600-c85.jpg

President Obama with cadets after speaking about his Afghanistan policy at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y.

Julie Jacobson/AP
President Obama assumed full political ownership of the conflict in Afghanistan with his announcement Tuesday night of a significant strategic escalation, including the deployment of an additional 30,000 U.S. troops.

But even as he worked to persuade the American people to support new deployments, he tried to counterbalance that move by setting the first deadline toward an eventual exit, pledging to begin withdrawing troops in July 2011.

The entire speech was a similar kind of balancing act, as Obama sought to convince Americans that the Afghan conflict was still winnable more than eight years after U.S. troops entered Kabul.

Obama Gambles On Afghan Escalation
The General's, the congress, and the military industrial complex escalated the war. Neither of these groups went to Obama and demanded a withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea is a small but proud nation which has stood against the odds many times. Even though the world may change a thousand times, we will carry on regardless.

Empty threats from the rich oligarch President Donald Trump do not scare us as we have destiny and fate on our side.

In the year Juche 38 the heroic Korean Peoples Army pushed back the American Imperialist Invaders and almost wiped them out from the Korean peninsula. America thinks it can crush the DPRK like Iraq but they do not understand the inherent strength of the Korean people.

Under the strong and benevolent leadership of the Marshal Kim Jong-un and the Great Leader President Kim Il-sung, we are a force to be reckoned with.
Fuck you zipper head. Get some slope.

I would have our military destroy the N Korean regime to protect our country from a nuclear attack - no matter what it takes. How's that for clarity.
What do all you Trumpanzee's plan to do about China??? China won't sit by and allow Trump to invade N. Korea!!! Carpet bombing won't do any good. Why hasn't Trump called for a "Draft"!! The all volunteer military do not have enough boots on the ground to destroy N. Korea's nuke. The general's have known this fact since the 90's!!!!!

Really?

Short answer? JDAMs.

All you cock sucking Trumpanzee chicken hawks will regret you bellicose saber rattling should China enter on the side of N. Korea. China is not an allied and will not sit idly by while U.S. ground troops bomb and invades N. Korea.

Fuck you zipper head. Get some slope.
Has Trump planned for China to enter the war??????

Forum List

Back