Comet 1/2 size of the sun on its way to Earth

Fed Starving

Mar 26, 2020
USA
C2019 Y4

The previous largest comet measured was McNaught's comet in 2010

"the comet's nucleus is only a few miles across, with a surrounding glowing greenish cloud of gas that is about 250,000 miles (400,000 kilometers) across—roughly the distance from Earth to the moon."

This new comet was discovered in late 2019 and is measured to be half the size of the sun, or 5 times the size of Jupiter and is expected at current measurements to pass within .75AU of Earth, which is quite far but my concern is that if this object is half the size of the sun, can it still damage our planet?

Look at the size of this comet in contrast to the previous largest comet known. This comet will pass nearest Earth on May 23rd 2020.

From your own link

It poses no danger to Earth as even at its closest point it will be more than 72 million miles away from our planet but will be very bright.

From your own link

It poses no danger to Earth as even at its closest point it will be more than 72 million miles away from our planet but will be very bright.

Stupid atheist journalists want you to believe that you will die via some large rock falling from the sky like the dinosaurs. Dinos didn't become extinct that way either.

C2019 Y4

"the comet's nucleus is only a few miles across, with a surrounding glowing greenish cloud of gas that is about 250,000 miles (400,000 kilometers) across—roughly the distance from Earth to the moon."

This new comet was discovered in late 2019 and is measured to be half the size of the sun, or 5 times the size of Jupiter and is expected at current measurements to pass within .75AU of Earth, which is quite far but my concern is that if this object is half the size of the sun, can it still damage our planet?

Look at the size of this comet in contrast to the previous largest comet known. This comet will pass nearest Earth on May 23rd 2020.

"the comet's nucleus is only a few miles across". That's the part you need to worry about, not the size of the gas cloud.

"the comet's nucleus is only a few miles across". That's the part you need to worry about, not the size of the gas cloud.

Trump said it may hit your house so you better get back to work so you can pay for comet insurance.

Here is another theory. It's been said that this coronavirus thing is a rehearsal of sorts for something else. What if Earth passes through the tail of the comet? What possible scenario could play out? Perhaps the comet dust could make the atmosphere toxic or perhaps rocks will break off the comet and shower onto the Earth, toxifying the air.

Trump said it may hit your house so you better get back to work so you can pay for comet insurance.
Wow, he's an astrophysicist too. Is there no end to what this guy knows?

You're more sensitive than a vagina. Become a man. Go troll someone else. You purple bitches ain't gonna slow me or stop me.

Last edited:

Wow, he's an astrophysicist too. Is there no end to what this guy knows?

You're more sensitive than a vagina. Become a man. Go troll someone else. You purple bitches ain't gonna slow me or stop me.
Why would anyone want to stop you from making a fool of yourself? On the contrary, we like to play with you and watch you spin helplessly into the ground. Now, what do you know about comets? It shouldn't take long for you to write it out, being so little and all.

We all know that when the earth goes through the tail of a comet, it is zombie time.

Not this time, but if one shows up with our name on it, wouldn't it be nice to be able to do something about it? That would suck to know that we only had a few weeks before the big KA-BOOM.

Here is another theory. It's been said that this coronavirus thing is a rehearsal of sorts for something else. What if Earth passes through the tail of the comet? What possible scenario could play out? Perhaps the comet dust could make the atmosphere toxic or perhaps rocks will break off the comet and shower onto the Earth, toxifying the air.
Or the mechanical implements we build turn on us, their masters...

Not this time, but if one shows up with our name on it, wouldn't it be nice to be able to do something about it? That would suck to know that we only had a few weeks before the big KA-BOOM.

Like I said before... Fuck that comet, we got Bruce Willis!

You learned this from the Flintstones documentaries ?

Angelo haha, I keep telling you people didn't live in caves (only used for shelter).
, but

Are you afraid this will happen to you before 2025?

There is tons of evidence emerging that there was a civilization predating your biblical timeline to around 12,000 years ago, like the rain erosion on the Egyptian sphinx, the stone circles buried in the Amazon, the giant ripples in Washington state. There may be some mythological references in Genesis, but either way the proof is overwhelming.

Last edited:
From your own link

Stupid atheist journalists want you to believe that you will die via some large rock falling from the sky like the dinosaurs. Dinos didn't become extinct that way either.
One question : A question: could it have a relationship between the comet and the pink moon?
Fascinating New Study Suggests Dark Matter Older Than the Universe
Thank you for thread Fed Starving

C2019 Y4

Well I doubt it but if it does I doubt you'll know what hit you.

15 days since I renewed this thread. There has been less and less talk about c/2019 y4 because it isn't as magnificent as they initially though it would be.

Today is the day this comet reaches its close point to earth. The comet will then circle around earths orbit and leave the solar system.

There is literally no news articles on this comet within the last 2 days on any search engine that I could find.

No news. This comet should now distance itself from Earth. Only people to talk about this comet recently are home based astronomers using personal equipment and sharing images on astronomer sites. Best comet of the year. Low chance of a better one.

Heres an article.
The shattered heart of comet C/2019 Y4 ATLAS

Forum List

Back