Necessity is the Mother of Invention?

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
This mother saw a necessity, and did some inventing.

"The concept materialized when engineer Brandi Gerstner found a $200 Spectra breast pump in her basement. “[A breast pump] does pulsing intervals. It is a sanitize-able biomedical device that's approved by the [FDA]...You know they're reliable, they’ve been used by moms everywhere for decades. What if I could reverse it?” Brandi told Southern Maryland news outlet The Bay Net. “What if I could make it blow rather than suck? And so I grabbed my old one from the basement, grabbed a screwdriver and an X-Acto knife… Sure enough, you can turn it around very, very easily.”

Great job, mom.

This mother saw a necessity, and did some inventing.

"The concept materialized when engineer Brandi Gerstner found a $200 Spectra breast pump in her basement. “[A breast pump] does pulsing intervals. It is a sanitize-able biomedical device that's approved by the [FDA]...You know they're reliable, they’ve been used by moms everywhere for decades. What if I could reverse it?” Brandi told Southern Maryland news outlet The Bay Net. “What if I could make it blow rather than suck? And so I grabbed my old one from the basement, grabbed a screwdriver and an X-Acto knife… Sure enough, you can turn it around very, very easily.”

Great job, mom.
To answer the question in your thread title, you bet! Frank Zappa proved this throughout his career. (He named his backup musicians the Mothers of Invention.) And, of course, he gave much sage advice, such as, "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow". He WAS a genius.

Well there are obvious comment that pop into my head when I read that but the pervert in me will bow to the skeptic in me which asks "Will this work" because there are obvious sanitary and feasibility questions that need to be asked.

among other questions that pop into my head

Well there are obvious comment that pop into my head when I read that but the pervert in me will bow to the skeptic in me which asks "Will this work" because there are obvious sanitary and feasibility questions that need to be asked.

among other questions that pop into my head

easily sanitized

Forum List

Back