Columbine Killer's Mother Sue Klebold on Relationship with Her Son, Warning Signs She Missed

What a horrible life her son signed her up for
Could be the other way round.
There is zero proof that either parents instilled this hate in their kids

Actually, there is evidence to the contrary
We'll never know, but her public distancing of him and blaming him shows her character. As if she didn't know he was being bullied at school.

pfft

As always, you are free to blame the parents

They were not alcoholics, not NAZIs, didn't beat their kids

Beyond that....it's all.......You should have known
As I said, we'll never know.

It had to be incredibly hard for her to go to that place, and to do so in order to hopefully prevent another kid from taking that path is commendable, in my book. Thanks for the post, Disir.

The typical response from parents of evil children is to go into hiding. Say how terribly sorry you are and then never be seen in public again. Your life is over
Mrs Klebold did that for 17 years. This is a chance for other parents to see what signs she saw and failed to see. Maybe we can learn something, maybe it is just a chance to vent

Help your kids develop self esteem and respect, bullies run from that. Not manufactured participation trophies or social promotion or whatever.
Too many parents place emphasis in achievement, in sport or scholarship.

Real focus should be placed in self confidence.

It had to be incredibly hard for her to go to that place, and to do so in order to hopefully prevent another kid from taking that path is commendable, in my book. Thanks for the post, Disir.

The typical response from parents of evil children is to go into hiding. Say how terribly sorry you are and then never be seen in public again. Your life is over
Mrs Klebold did that for 17 years. This is a chance for other parents to see what signs she saw and failed to see. Maybe we can learn something, maybe it is just a chance to vent
Once again you are disacknowleging the malevolence of community. Why do they have to go into hiding? Same reason their son had to kill.

Community. Busy bodies.

Help your kids develop self esteem and respect, bullies run from that. Not manufactured participation trophies or social promotion or whatever.

That comes from real achievement in work, academics, the arts or sports.

OR

extracurricular activities if the child has no interest in the other.

OR

Possibly, but real confidence is found in skills that translate to jobs or valued skill sets.

OR

Possibly, but real confidence is found in skills that translate to jobs or valued skill sets.
Irrelevant. How many web site designers were about in the 80s. You don't know what skills will be valuable and you are too judgemental to see.

I did not see the interview, so I can not claim to have an informed opinion, but it seems to me that there was something seriously missing in that household. It took a year for them to plan this, and they had ammo and guns stashed somewhere. The kept journals and wrote out plans. These kids had way too much time on their hands.Clearly the parents did not have a clue as to how they were spending their time. Lack of communication between teenagers and parents is common. Not even being aware of how he was spending his time is very disturbing to me. I also fail to understand how these kids managed to buy up thousands of dollars of firepower, without their parents knowing what they were doing with the money, or even how they obtained it.

OR

But that doesn't come until you are older. There is a piece of the brain that doesn't fully grow in until you are in you're in your twenties. Unfortunately, it deals with time and consequences.

Kids can be brutal.

Forum List

Back