Colorado River is Declining.

JXZEyRWxr19OE0D7vFaU-bVX7xk0PqsE3VqL-bk5A54.jpg

Scoffing at the notion that man can't adapt to different climates.

View attachment 701405
We will have to adapt. No choice. But why cause climate change that makes it harder on us?

Again, here is another example of a stupid red state that votes Republican, who say man made climate change isn't real. Okay fine. It's not real. So then deal with mother nature

Hurricane Ian Leaves More Than 2 Million Without Power; Storm Surges Break Records​

Breaking records means this is not common and has never happened before. Wake up Dingbat.

We will have to adapt. No choice. But why cause climate change that makes it harder on us?

Again, here is another example of a stupid red state that votes Republican, who say man made climate change isn't real. Okay fine. It's not real. So then deal with mother nature

Hurricane Ian Leaves More Than 2 Million Without Power; Storm Surges Break Records​

Breaking records means this is not common and has never happened before. Wake up Dingbat.
It’s fucking weather, dude. Relax.

It’s fucking weather, dude. Relax.
Worst it's been in 500 years. So I guess you'll say "see, it's happened before, it'll happen again, it's just the weather".

You're no climate scientist. Or covid scientist either. Or evolution.

Worst it's been in 500 years. So I guess you'll say "see, it's happened before, it'll happen again, it's just the weather".

You're no climate scientist. Or covid scientist either. Or evolution.
They have been saying the same thing for 500 years. It’s fucking weather.

They have been saying the same thing for 500 years. It’s fucking weather.
When you get the same weather trend for 500 years, it's climate.

And I'm curious, who was saying it 500 years ago?

When you get the same weather trend for 500 years, it's climate.

And I'm curious, who was saying it 500 years ago?
Within 30 years everything you believe will be proven wrong by colder temperatures. Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world where the threshold for extensive continental glaciation is different at each pole and we are close to the threshold for northern hemisphere glaciation.

Within 30 years everything you believe will be proven wrong by colder temperatures. Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world where the threshold for extensive continental glaciation is different at each pole and we are close to the threshold for northern hemisphere glaciation.
As I'm sure you've heard before, just saying it doesn't make it so. The trends of empirical observations do not support your contention.

You are the first person to talk about this. 8 years ago. Good for you.

States dependent on Colorado River wonder if desalination could help the water supply​

I keep wondering why we cant pipe water from the Great Lakes to the West

It seems to be the obvious solution

As I'm sure you've heard before, just saying it doesn't make it so. The trends of empirical observations do not support your contention.
The 50 million year cooling trend, bipolar glaciation and the 30 glacial cycles of the last 3 million years says otherwise.

The 50 million year cooling trend, bipolar glaciation and the 30 glacial cycles of the last 3 million years says otherwise.
These trends do not.
1664717225290.png

from Wikipedia
and this trend
1664717397780.png

from Scripps and the National Geographic Society

Does it not occur to you that making a 30 year prediction based on a 50 million year long dataset may not have been justified?

Last edited:
This trend does not.
View attachment 704441
from Wikipedia
The geologic record is littered with examples of warming and cooling trends that were not caused by CO2 or orbital forcing. There were cooling trends in the middle of interglacials and warming trends in the middle of glacials. At any point you could have taken a counter trend and wrongly concluded the planet was warming or cooling.

You have to look at all the data to see the trend.

The geologic record is littered with examples of warming and cooling trends that were not caused by CO2 or orbital forcing. There were cooling trends in the middle of interglacials and warming trends in the middle of glacials. At any point you could have taken a counter trend and wrongly concluded the planet was warming or cooling.

You have to look at all the data to see the trend.
Show us the data trend that makes YOU think temperatures will begin cooling within 30 years and explain.

Show us the data trend that makes YOU think temperatures will begin cooling within 30 years and explain.
See the oxygen isotope curve. The earth has been cooling for 50 million years. The planet is uniquely configured for bipolar glaciation. There’s your explanation.

I keep wondering why we cant pipe water from the Great Lakes to the West

It seems to be the obvious solution
Because it depletes the Great Lakes. If I drink it, I piss it in my toilet it stays in the area. It stays here. If we send it out west, you drink it, piss it, and it evaporates in the desert. You want to deplete our water? No. Although humans are stupid and the capitalists and lobbyists and republicans will get their way and I'm sure we will be sending it your way soon. God damn it.

The Great Lakes Compact — signed into law in 2008 by President George W. Bush — largely prohibits taking large quantities of water from the Great Lakes and basin's groundwater, smaller lakes, and rivers without the approval of all eight states and the input of Ontario and Quebec, which are both in the watershed

I hope we keep saying hell no.

So many reasons besides if we send it away it doesn't come back

Image result for why you don't take water out of the great lakes basin

Water from the Great Lakes drains into the St. Lawrence River, and therefore that ecosystem is directly affected by the quality and quantity of water from the Great Lakes. The Great Lakes basin supports a diverse, globally significant ecosystem that is essential to the resource value and sustainability of the region.

Besides, it would cost too much to move that much water that far. Better you desalanate the ocean.

Because it depletes the Great Lakes. If I drink it, I piss it in my toilet it stays in the area. It stays here. If we send it out west, you drink it, piss it, and it evaporates in the desert. You want to deplete our water? No. Although humans are stupid and the capitalists and lobbyists and republicans will get their way and I'm sure we will be sending it your way soon. God damn it.

The Great Lakes Compact — signed into law in 2008 by President George W. Bush — largely prohibits taking large quantities of water from the Great Lakes and basin's groundwater, smaller lakes, and rivers without the approval of all eight states and the input of Ontario and Quebec, which are both in the watershed

I hope we keep saying hell no.

So many reasons besides if we send it away it doesn't come back

Image result for why you don't take water out of the great lakes basin't take water out of the great lakes basin

Water from the Great Lakes drains into the St. Lawrence River, and therefore that ecosystem is directly affected by the quality and quantity of water from the Great Lakes. The Great Lakes basin supports a diverse, globally significant ecosystem that is essential to the resource value and sustainability of the region.

Besides, it would cost too much to move that much water that far. Better you desalanate the ocean.
The water will do more good out west than sitting in the great lakes

Last edited:
The water will do more good out west than sitting in the great lakes
Now I know you're just trying to push my buttons. Yes, it would do a lot of good in Saudi Arabia too but we aren't sending it to them even if they pay. And they have a lot more money than you.

Now I know you're just trying to push my buttons. Yes, it would do a lot of good in Saudi Arabia too but we aren't sending it to them even if they pay. And they have a lot more money than you.
I’m not trying to push any buttons

The Great Lakes have enough water to supply the western states

There is enough for both

I’m not trying to push any buttons

The Great Lakes have enough water to supply the western states

There is enough for both
How would you get that water to them? A 30 foot diameter pipe from Chicago to Lake Mead and the pumps to drive it?

Forum List

Back