Colorado business owner forced to close after pulling all Nike items in protest of Kaepernick

Deno

Gold Member
Reaction score
Fluck kaperDick and anyone that supports him.

aaronleland

Platinum Member
Reaction score
“As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized,” Martin said.
No. It's Nike. They had a literal cult following in the 90s. You horse's ass.

Tipsycatlover

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Couldn't he sell Sketchers or New Balance? Plenty of people don't sell Nike.

aaronleland

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope his wife leaves him over such a dumb decision.

"Honey! How was I supposed to know stopping selling the most popular sports brand to ever exist would negatively affect business?" :dunno:

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You really don't get the point of the story, do you? It's not about what brand of shoes he sells. It's about his customer's response to his political stand to not sell Nike. He could have probably gotten away with just removing them from his shelves, but he insisted on making a big announcement about it. His customers responded by not going into his store. Looks like more people support Kaepernick and NIKE than you thought. He lost his store because of his goofy behavior. Good.

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
Reaction score
You really don't get the point of the story, do you? It's not about what brand of shoes he sells. It's about his customer's response to his political stand to not sell Nike. He could have probably gotten away with just removing them from his shelves, but he insisted on making a big announcement about it. His customers responded by not going into his store. Looks like more people support Kaepernick and NIKE than you thought. He lost his store because of his goofy behavior. Good.
I didn't see anything in the article about a big announcement or customers responding to his political stance. He stopped selling Nike, one of the biggest brands in sports paraphernalia with contracts with major sports organizations, and his sales tanked.

K9Buck

Gold Member
Reaction score
This business owner has more character and integrity than Kapernut. Much of black America is suffering from astronomical rates of crime perpetrated by blacks against blacks and Kapernut is silent and so is the left.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The owner should not have brought politics into business. He learned the hard way.

Colorado business owner forced to close after pulling all Nike items in protest of Kaepernick
I didn't see anything in the article about a big announcement or customers responding to his political stance. He stopped selling Nike, one of the biggest brands in sports paraphernalia with contracts with major sports organizations, and his sales tanked.

"He had a clearance sale for Nike merchandise last year. I would consider that to be an announcement.

The owner himself said
from the link
“As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized,” Martin said.

K9Buck

Gold Member
Reaction score
The owner should not have brought politics into business. He learned the hard way.

"He had a clearance sale for Nike merchandise last year. I would consider that to be an announcement.

The owner himself said
from the link
He should have worked something out with Planned Parenthood. He could have had a promotion wherein someone who bought a Nike product could have received a $10 off coupon to kill their baby. Liberals would have canonized him.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score

The owner himself said
from the link
He should have worked something out with Planned Parenthood. He could have had a promotion wherein someone who bought a Nike product could have received a $10 off coupon to kill their baby. Liberals would have canonized him.
There just weren't enough crazy Trump supporters to keep him in business. Proud boys usually can't afford Nike anyway. All their money goes to meth labs and tiki torches.

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
Reaction score

The owner himself said
from the link
So any time I see a clearance sale, I should assume that the store is doing it for some sort of politically motivated reason?

The statement from the owner that you quoted comes at the end of the article, when it is speaking about him cancelling an event with Brandon Marshall. There isn't enough context to know whether it was even related to the store closing or if it's just being used to imply such a connection because it makes for a more interesting story.

The owner also said this from the link: "Being a sports store without Nike is kind of like being a milk store without milk or a gas station without gas."

Customers may not have even been aware of the owner's stance on Kaepernick.

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He UNDERestimated the intelligence of what are now his ex-customers. I guess he couldn't find enough conservative republicans to keep his business afloat.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score

The owner himself said
from the link
So any time I see a clearance sale, I should assume that the store is doing it for some sort of politically motivated reason?

The statement from the owner that you quoted comes at the end of the article, when it is speaking about him cancelling an event with Brandon Marshall. There isn't enough context to know whether it was even related to the store closing or if it's just being used to imply such a connection because it makes for a more interesting story.

The owner also said this from the link: "Being a sports store without Nike is kind of like being a milk store without milk or a gas station without gas."

Customers may not have even been aware of the owner's stance on Kaepernick.
If it makes you feel better to believe that, I won't try to convince you otherwise.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List