Colin Kaepernick Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Back Pay, Apology, His Job

What bad things are Republicans doing that hurt gay people, or women?

Social Security is a wealth thief. It's also just a tax we all pay disguised as a social welfare program. We cant just cut it off but at some point we are going to have to say if you were born after X day X month X year you are not going to get SS. You're going to have to still pay for those who were born before that since that's the only way this ponzi scheme works but you aren't going to get SS sorry. It's unsustainable and was a horrible idea from the jump. Save and invest your money starting now.
Yes and you Republicans will end the program because you hate it. It's a ponzi scheme you say. You have said for decades, "don't count on it being there when you retire". Were you lying or just talking out of your ass?

Social security is a great idea. Even if I only live till 59, I'm still in favor of it. Why? Because I might live to be 100. Some people win with social security, some pay their whole adult lives and never get one cent out of it.

Do you have anything to support this concept.
You'll see. Yes, years of rhetoric. And when they create the next great recession, they'll blame the debt, and they'll say us Americans are going to have to suck it up and take the 20% hit.

If you're like most Americans, Social Security is a key part of your retirement plans -- around 96% of the workforce is currently covered by some sort of Social Security plan. But the current economic downturn has many people seeing an increasingly uncertain (if not downright bleak) future for their Social Security benefits.

Stop being stupid. Why would politicians the last 50 years be telling us "don't count on your social security being there when you retire"?

Why would they ever say such a thing??? Wake up white boy!!! You make me laugh.

Although Social Security isn't as secure as it once was, it won't likely disappear anytime soon, either. No matter what, you should be able to count on at least some payments for the foreseeable future. But your best bet is still to devise a retirement plan that includes include other sources of income.

Rumors that Social Security may disappear have abounded in recent years. Many workers don’t expect to have Social Security income when they retire. The most recent Gallup poll numbersshow that 19 percent of workers don’t expect to have Social Security when they retire. And about half of Millennials don’t think they’ll get benefits from Social Security when they retire.

After years of the federal government borrowing money from the trust funds and leaving a stack of IOUs behind, the Social Security reserve funds are being depleted quickly. While the news about the program is concerning, the panicked cries about the complete disappearance of Social Security are unfounded. Though the trust fund reserves will run out in 2035, the Social Security program will still be around. It just might look slightly different than it does now.

According to the trustees’ report, Social Security (both the disability and old-age and survivors insurance trusts) will still be able to pay about 75% of their currently scheduled obligations

HA!!!!!! So there you have it. I said they'd cut 20%. Looks like it might be 25%. So if you were going to get $1400 a month, you'll only get about $1000. That's $400 a month less for you to live in. And when this day comes, they'll tell you why it has to be this way and you'll defend it. In fact they'll blame Democrats and you'll argue with me that it was Democrats fault.

Just remember you didn't believe it would ever happen. I promise you, it's coming, and it will be Republicans, AND YOU, who will sell us on why this is the only way to save the program.

YOU DUMB FUCKER! LOL

Boy are you naive. Have you noticed lately the Supreme Court has been overturning set precedent? In other words, for example, abortion was decided 50 years ago. But this new Supreme Court has a whole different take on what is and isn't constitutional. Republicans in the past argued that Social Security wasn't constitutional. They lost. But that was a long time ago. I wonder if the current Supreme Court believes Social Security is constitutional? I mean after all, they never mentioned social security in the constitution, right? So how can it be constitutional?

Davis, 301 U.S. 619 (1937), was a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court that held that Social Security was constitutionally permissible as an exercise of the federal power to spend for the general welfare and so did not contravene the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Davis v

BET they will revisit this issue if Republicans take back the House, Senate and White House.

You are as dense as the other person, nothing of what you say has anything to do with Kaepernick not being a starter at the time, the rest of your rant is a big zero to me and has nothing to do whether Kaep was a not a starter at when he began kneeling, he was a declining commodity because of the style he played. The only other team that was built for his style was the Seahawks.

You'll see. Yes, years of rhetoric. And when they create the next great recession, they'll blame the debt, and they'll say us Americans are going to have to suck it up and take the 20% hit.

Partisan filler.

If you're like most Americans, Social Security is a key part of your retirement plans -- around 96% of the workforce is currently covered by some sort of Social Security plan. But the current economic downturn has many people seeing an increasingly uncertain (if not downright bleak) future for their Social Security benefits.

Misleading stats. That people are covered does not mean that it is key.

SS funding has little to do with the current recession.

Stop being stupid. Why would politicians the last 50 years be telling us "don't count on your social security being there when you retire"?

The politicians of hte last 50 years did not say that. THey kicked the can down the road.

Why would they ever say such a thing??? Wake up white boy!!! You make me laugh.

meaningless racist filler.

Done here. You had your chance. You are just talking shit.

Yes and you Republicans will end the program because you hate it. It's a ponzi scheme you say. You have said for decades, "don't count on it being there when you retire". Were you lying or just talking out of your ass?

Social security is a great idea. Even if I only live till 59, I'm still in favor of it. Why? Because I might live to be 100. Some people win with social security, some pay their whole adult lives and never get one cent out of it.
I hate it because SS is a wealth thief. You're just too dumb to realize it apparently. And guess who gets screwed by SS "disproportionally". Black people.

Just for arguments sake lets say when you are 18 you get a job, work at that same job your entire life making the same money the entire time. You live on budget and each week invest 20 bucks. Your employer as a part of your benefits package matches that 20 each week.

At a 7% a conservative return by the time you're 68 you'd have almost a million (845k) "in the bank" on 40 dollars a week. And if you die at 67 you get to give that money to whomever you choose.

Comparatively, if you make 60k a year you can expect to make a little over 1700 a month from SS when you are 67. You'd have to live for 40 more years to equal the investment sum you accumulated on 40 dollars a week and if you die all the money gets kept by the government.

I dont know how much you're tracking how much you pay in SS taxes along with you're employer but I can assure you its a hell of a lot more than 40 a week.

So, tell me again how SS is a great idea....

What bad things are Republicans doing that hurt gay people, or women?

Social Security is a wealth thief. It's also just a tax we all pay disguised as a social welfare program. We cant just cut it off but at some point we are going to have to say if you were born after X day X month X year you are not going to get SS. You're going to have to still pay for those who were born before that since that's the only way this ponzi scheme works but you aren't going to get SS sorry. It's unsustainable and was a horrible idea from the jump. Save and invest your money starting now.

That's what I did after the country went with Trump! Same as you, I told myself, "why should I do us any favors and wait?" Filed at 62! I really wasn't even going to take the benefits, but my resentment sent me to an office a week after I turned 62! I was so done! I can't even watch the news as we "slow roll" justice for Jan. 6th and all who supported it! :dunno: :itsok::omg::stir::beer:

That's what I did after the country went with Trump! Same as you, I told myself, "why should I do us any favors and wait?" Filed at 62! I really wasn't even going to take the benefits, but my resentment sent me to an office a week after I turned 62! I was so done! I can't even watch the news as we "slow roll" justice for Jan. 6th and all who supported it! :dunno: :itsok::omg::stir::beer:
WTF are you talking about?

You are as dense as the other person, nothing of what you say has anything to do with Kaepernick not being a starter at the time, the rest of your rant is a big zero to me and has nothing to do whether Kaep was a not a starter at when he began kneeling, he was a declining commodity because of the style he played. The only other team that was built for his style was the Seahawks.
I'll be honest. If he was good enough, owners wouldn't have boycotted him to maybe be a 2nd or 3rd stringer. No team wanted the negative attention associated with a guy who does that and embarrasses them. I don't blame them for not giving him a chance as a backup qb.

You telling me he wouldn't have been a great back up qb?

Throughout the history of the NFL, among all 186 quarterbacks to record at least 1,500 attempts throughout their careers, Colin Kaepernick ranks fifth-best in passing touchdown to interception ratio

but

among all quarterbacks with 1,500 dropbacks, no quarterback has been sacked more often than Kaepernick, getting sacked on 8.3 percent of his dropbacks.

I hate it because SS is a wealth thief. You're just too dumb to realize it apparently. And guess who gets screwed by SS "disproportionally". Black people.

Just for arguments sake lets say when you are 18 you get a job, work at that same job your entire life making the same money the entire time. You live on budget and each week invest 20 bucks. Your employer as a part of your benefits package matches that 20 each week.

At a 7% a conservative return by the time you're 68 you'd have almost a million (845k) "in the bank" on 40 dollars a week. And if you die at 67 you get to give that money to whomever you choose.

Comparatively, if you make 60k a year you can expect to make a little over 1700 a month from SS when you are 67. You'd have to live for 40 more years to equal the investment sum you accumulated on 40 dollars a week and if you die all the money gets kept by the government.

I dont know how much you're tracking how much you pay in SS taxes along with you're employer but I can assure you its a hell of a lot more than 40 a week.

So, tell me again how SS is a great idea....

SS has been gutted by the wealthy, but they paid into it so feel entitled! Even Reagan and his wife filed for benefits with that huge gift of a house from Hollywood and severance for being President! Of course he didn't do it personally as he was senile during his 2nd term, but his disgusting handlers had no shame putting thru paperwork for him and that old b!tch! :rolleyes::dunno::itsok::stir::beer:

That doesn't make any sense "I really wasn't even going to take the benefits".

That's a lie. Who doesn't take their social security? Let's say we're talking $1400 a month. You're going to just say no thanks? I doubt that.

And if you wait till 70 years old and you find out it's $2400 a month, or $29,000 a year, you're going to say that's ok keep it? Quit lying. Or were you joking?

I'm cashing out at 62 if I can. But recently a health scare told me that probably won't happen now. Now I have to work till medicare kicks in. I won't be able to afford private insurance from 62 to 65. No way. Especially when Republicans get back into power and rule pre existing conditions are unconstitutional.

SS has been gutted by the wealthy, but they paid into it so feel entitled! Even Reagan and his wife filed for benefits with that huge gift of a house from Hollywood and severance for being President! Of course he didn't do it personally as he was senile during his 2nd term, but his disgusting handlers had no shame putting thru paperwork for him and that old b!tch! :rolleyes::dunno::itsok::stir::beer:

I dont think you understand how SS works. It's not supposed to be a welfare program.

Nothing yet. Maybe the Supreme Court will rule gay marriage unconstitutional. They are a bunch of Republicans legislating from the bench now.

Yeah, the same Newbies that said they "had no opinion on Roe v Wade! Never even discussed it in college!" LIARS all and probably should be impeached, but it won't happen! :rolleyes::omg::stir::beer:

That doesn't make any sense "I really wasn't even going to take the benefits".

That's a lie. Who doesn't take their social security? Let's say we're talking $1400 a month. You're going to just say no thanks? I doubt that.

And if you wait till 70 years old and you find out it's $2400 a month, or $29,000 a year, you're going to say that's ok keep it? Quit lying. Or were you joking?

I'm cashing out at 62 if I can. But recently a health scare told me that probably won't happen now. Now I have to work till medicare kicks in. I won't be able to afford private insurance from 62 to 65. No way. Especially when Republicans get back into power and rule pre existing conditions are unconstitutional.

I really had no intentions of filing initially! Convo sent to you! ;-)

I dont think you understand how SS works. It's not supposed to be a welfare program.

Initially it was supposed to be a benefit for "the coal miners" of the country IIRC! It was extended to help our economy by retiring people too old to work everyday who had no savings! That opened up jobs for younger folks around the time of the Great Depresssion which we created on our own! It's amazing how we cut our own throats over the yrs with just a handful of losers thinking they're helping morality! IDIOTS; ALL! :stir: :auiqs.jpg:

Do you have anything to support this concept.
People like you say if they didn't take out for social security, you'd do better with that money investing it on your own. Come on pal give us a fucking break. None of you are saving now. The corporations got you spending all your disposable income so fast. Did you fly or drive somewhere far this 4th of July like every other dumb fucking American? Well if you refuse to tighten the purse strings, of course prices are going to go up. And when you guys will pay whatever they ask, of course they'll continue to raise prices.

You wouldn't even stay home for a pandemic. So to ask you to stay home in order to lower gas? Forget about it. It is what it is. Seems most Americans are fine with $5 a gallon gas.

Americans are hitting the roads and skies in numbers not seen since before the pandemic to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

The mass of travelers for the holiday, also known as Independence Day, is testing airlines and airports, which have struggled to keep up with demand.

Hundreds of flights were canceled Friday and thousands more were delayed, according to the flight tracking site, FlightAware.

More than 2.4 million travelers got an early start to the weekend, making their way through Transportation Security Administration checkpoints. That surpassed levels from before the pandemic in 2019 and was 13.8% higher than the number of travelers last year, according to TSA data.

Travel by car is also expected to be heavy.

The auto membership group, AAA, predicts 47.9 million people will travel 50 miles or more from home over the holiday weekend. That is slightly less than the number of travelers in 2019 but comes despite near-record high gas prices.

Forum List

Back