Col. Paris Davis, 1 of 1st Black officers to lead a Special Forces team in Vietnam to receive Medal of Honor from Pres Biden today after 60-year wait

Brigadier General Salve Matheson’s idea was to create an 800-strong battalion of airborne volunteers in the same legendary “Currahee” spirit that had defined the volunteers of 1942. The man he chose to lead them was John Geraci, who would mold this young brotherhood into a highly cohesive and motivated force.

In December 1967, the battalion was sent into the Central Highlands of Lam Dong Province. Geraci and his men began their Search and Destroy patrols, which coincided with the North Vietnamese build-up to the Tet Offensive and was a brutal introduction to the reality of a dirty, bloody war

I agree these guys, black and white, are more than deserving of also being recognized by Biden. you guys made your point. it's not like Biden can honor EVERYONE who served in Vietnam, but I certainly would try to do it myself!

One of the men saved by Colonel Davis was legendary Green Beret Billy Waugh. Billy wrote about this battle in his book, “Hunting the Jackal”. Waugh later went on to catch the terrorist Carlos The Jackal and also tracked Osama bin Laden in Sudan and Afghanistan.

until your feet touch the sand in Afghanistan or Somalia or Yemen, until someone serves one second in actual combat, they have no standing to say a SINGLE WORD about these great men

there are some of us who served our country in uniform, there are others who took a hike
we arent talking about him,, its bidens race pandering we are talking about,,,

but you go right ahead and be a useful idiot,,

we arent talking about him,, its bidens race pandering we are talking about,,,

but you go right ahead and be a useful idiot,,
there is no race pandering. is he supposed to shun all black people so as not to be accused of race pandering?

One of the men saved by Colonel Davis was legendary Green Beret Billy Waugh. Billy wrote about this battle in his book, “Hunting the Jackal”. Waugh later went on to catch the terrorist Carlos The Jackal and also tracked Osama bin Laden in Sudan and Afghanistan.

until your feet touch the sand in Afghanistan or Somalia or Yemen, until someone serves one second in actual combat, they have no standing to say a SINGLE WORD about these great men

there are some of us who served our country in uniform, there are others who took a hike
Ohh bugger off I agree non military have no idea what it is like but being sanctimonies about just turns people off.

Forum List

Back