Col. Paris Davis, 1 of 1st Black officers to lead a Special Forces team in Vietnam to receive Medal of Honor from Pres Biden today after 60-year wait

figures you would start making shit up,,

youre like any typical 12 yr old girl
THIS IS WHY he got honored

thank you wikipedia

On 18 June 1965 Davis and three of his Special Forces team led the Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN) 883rd Regional Forces Company in an attack on a Viet Cong (VC) base. The following account was written by Davis:[3]

We had just finished a successful raid on a Viet Cong Regimental Headquarters, killing upwards of one hundred of the enemy. The raid had started shortly after midnight. We had four Americans and the 883rd Vietnamese Regional Force Company participating in the raid. After the raid was completed the first platoon of the 883rd Company broke and started to run just about the same time I gave the signal to pull in the security guarding the river bank. I went after the lead platoon, MSG Billy Waugh was with the second platoon, SSG David Morgan was with the third platoon and SP-1 Brown was with the fourth platoon. It was just beginning to get light (dawn) when I caught up to the first platoon and got them organized and we were hit by automatic machine gun fire. It was up front and the main body of the platoon was hit by the machine gun. I was hit in the hand by a fragment from a hand grenade. About the time I started moving the platoon back to the main body, I heard firing and saw it wounded friendly VN soldier running from the direction of the firing. He told me that the remainder of the 883rd Company was under attack. I moved the platoon I had back towards the main body. When I reached the company, the enemy had it pinned down in an open field with automatic weapons and mortar fire.
I immediately ordered the platoon I had to return the fire, but they did not - only a few men fired. I started firing at the enemy moving up and down the line, encouraging the 883rd Company to return the fire. We started to receive fire from the right flank. I ran down to where the firing was and found five Viet Cong coming over the trench line. I killed all five and then I heard firing from the left flank. I ran down there and saw about six Viet Cong moving toward our position. I threw a grenade and killed four of them. My M16 jammed, so I shot one with my pistol and hit the other with my M16 again and again until he was dead.
MSG Waugh started to yell that he had been shot in the foot. I ran to the middle of the open field and tried to get MSG Waugh, but the Viet Cong automatic fire was too intense and I had to move back to safety. By this time SSG Morgan, who was at the edge of the open field, came to. He had been knocked out by a VC mortar round. He told me that he was receiving sniper fire. I spotted the sniper and shot him in his camouflaged manhole. I crawled over and dropped a grenade in the hole killing two additional Viet Cong.
I was able at this time to make contact with the FAC CPT Bronson and SGT Ronald Dies. CPT Bronson diverted a flight of 105's and had them drop their bombs on the enemy's position. I ran out and pulled SSG Morgan to safety. He was slightly wounded and I treated him for shock. The enemy again tried to overrun our position. I picked up a machine gun and started firing. I saw four or five of the enemy drop and the remaining ones break and run. I then set up the 60mm mortar, dropped about five or six mortars down the tube and ran out and tried to get MSG Waugh. SSG Morgan was partially recovered and placing machine gun fire into the enemy position. I ran out and tried to pick up MSG Waugh, who had by now been wounded four times in his right foot. I tried to pick him up, but I was unable to do so. I was shot slightly in the back of my leg as I ran for cover. By this time CPT Bronson had gotten a flight of F-4s. They started to drop bombs on the enemy. I ran out again and this time was shot in the wrist, but I was able to pick up MSG Waugh and carried him fireman style, in a hail of automatic weapon fire, to safety. I called for a MEDEVAC for MSG Waugh. When the MEDEVAC came I carried MSG Waugh about 200 yards (180 m) up over a hill. As I put MSG Waugh on the helicopter, SFC Reinburg got off the ship and ran down to where the 883rd Company was located. He was shot through the chest almost immediately. I ran to where he was and gave him first aid. With SSG Morgan's help I pulled him to safety.
The enemy again tried to overrun our position. I picked up the nearest weapon and started to fire. I was also throwing grenades. I killed about six or seven. I was then ordered to take the troops I had and leave. I informed the Colonel in the C&C ship that I had one wounded American and one American I didn't know the status of. I informed the Colonel that I would not leave until I got all the Americans out. SFC Reinburg was MEDEVACed out. The fighting continued until mid-afternoon. We could not get the Company we had to fight. The enemy tried to overrun our position two more times. We finally got reinforcements and with them I was able to go out and get SP-1 Brown who lay out in the middle of the field some fourteen hours from the start until the close of the battle.

Biden calls it "maybe the most consequential day since i've been president. this is an incredible man...a true hero of our nation"

Biden calls it "maybe the most consequential day since i've been president. this is an incredible man...a true hero of our nation"
considering how bad biden has fucked up this country this might be his brightest day,,

and of course biden makes it about himself,,

figures you would start making shit up,,

youre like any typical 12 yr old girl
What you should is go up to the guy and his family and tell him he only got it because he was black..

Not because he saved 3 of his fellow soldiers; fought continuously for hours against all odds...and came out alive......at a time in history where black folks were fighting to liberate others half way around the world while still being treated like less than trash in their own country...

Dick suckers like you wanted to secede from the country just because you had to wear a mask to go in Starbucks for 10 minutes...shut yo fragile ass up...

Paris became a Green Beret only 14 years after President Truman desegregated the army

What you should is go up to the guy and his family and tell him he only got it because he was black..

Not because he saved 3 of his fellow soldiers; fought continuously for hours against all odds...and came out alive......at a time in history where black folks were fighting to liberate others while still being treated like less than trash in their own country...

Dick suckers like you wanted to secede from the country just because you had to wear a mask to go in Starbucks for 10 minutes...shut yo fragile ass up...
do you think biden called him BOY when he talked about him???
or asked him if his neighborhood is a jungle??

the guy most likely deserves this award,, but we all know biden is just using another black person to maintain his racist narrative,,

why didnt joe push obama to give this award 10 yrs ago??

“Sir, I’m just not gonna leave,” then-Capt. Paris Davis radioed back to the colonel who gave the order. “I still got an American out there.”

do you think biden called him BOY when he talked about him???
or asked him if his neighborhood is a jungle??

the guy most likely deserves this award,, but we all know biden is just using another black person to maintain his racist narrative,,

why didnt joe push obama to give this award 10 yrs ago??
I think Biden had little do with why he got the MOH and more to with what the soldier himself did 60 years ago...

But I don't think you believe Biden is as racist as you want him to be..because if he was, you would have been calling him one of the "few good Democrats" -- but you are more than welcome to keep his dick in your mouth tho

I think Biden had little do with why he got the MOH and more to with what the soldier himself did 60 years ago...

But I don't think you believe Biden is as racist as you want him to be..because if he was, you would have been calling him one of the "few good Democrats" -- but you are more than welcome to keep his dick in your mouth tho
WTF did biden have to do with what happened 60 yrs ago,,

biden is the most racist POTUS since before the civil war,,

WTF did biden have to do with what happened 60 yrs ago,,

biden is the most racist POTUS since before the civil war,,
Me: "I believe Biden had very little do with awarding this medal; it was what the soldier himself did 60 years ago"

You: "WTF did Biden have to do with what happened 60 years ago!!!!"

Not only are you a bitch....you are a no word comprehension having bitch....

Me: "I believe Biden had very little do with awarding this medal; it was what the soldier himself did 60 years ago"

You: "WTF did Biden have to do with what happened 60 years ago!!!!"

Not only are you a bitch....you are a no word comprehension having bitch....
thats funny,, you think I care about what you think,,,

this guy is being used by biden for political gain and to maintain his racism narrative,,

What makes you think he didn't?
I am sick and tired of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.

" In a rare interview, last surviving witness to heroism + valor of Vietnam vet COL Paris Davis describes how Davis saved his life in 1965 at great personal risk. 91-year old Billy Waugh went on to have a storied career in Special Forces + CIA"

Forum List

Back