"coded" rock lyrics

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
"Puff the Magic Dragon" is probably the most obvious. A druggie song disguised as a cutsie fairy tale. I liked the Creedence song "Who'll stop the rain" and recently learned that the word "rain" really meant "war". The Stone's "You can't always get what you want" is loaded with interesting lines such as "she was going to meet her connection, at her feet was a bleeding man".

The meaning of "Miss American Pie" is a long standing mystery. "Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry".

"Puff the Magic Dragon" is probably the most obvious. A druggie song disguised as a cutsie fairy tale. I liked the Creedence song "Who'll stop the rain" and recently learned that the word "rain" really meant "war". The Stone's "You can't always get what you want" is loaded with interesting lines such as "she was going to meet her connection, at her feet was a bleeding man".

The lyric is "at her feet was a footloose man" when it is sung by the chorus at the beginning.

Later, Jagger sings:

I saw her today at the reception
In her glass was a bleeding man
She was practiced at the art of deception
Well I could tell by her blood-stained hands

The lyric is "at her feet was a footloose man" when it is sung by the chorus at the beginning.

Later, Jagger sings:

I saw her today at the reception
In her glass was a bleeding man
She was practiced at the art of deception
Well I could tell by her blood-stained hands

I stand corrected but what do you make of it?

I tried to make sense of Tales From Topographic Oceans when it was first released.
It was inspired by a passage in Autobiography of a Yogi, so I read the book.
Nuttin'.
Then I ate some acid and gave it another listen.
Bingo.

Bingo, instant revelation but sadly when you sober up (if ever) you can't remember what the issue was all about.

When Jimmy Hendrix sang...

Excuse me while I kiss this guy

Obvious homosexual reference

When Jimmy Hendrix sang...

Excuse me while I kiss this guy

Obvious homosexual reference

Hendrix was beyond a doubt the greatest rock guitarist in history. Leave it to the left to remind us that one of his recordings might have had a coded homosexual reference.

"We built this city on Rock and Roll".

Clearly this has no overt significance nor obvious signficance.

Simply put, it is the worst song made in the entire history of humanity.

Interestingly, in this hyper liberal society we live in today, the coded Satanic messages have fallen out of flavor as being controversial. To combat this lack of controversy and attention from media surrounding it., now bands are incorporating conservative messages in their songs if you play them backward.

In fact, Metallica is supposidly coming out with a song that when you play it backwards, you can hear the words "Baby killing progressive, baby killing progressive" over and over again.

Wild Cherry singing.....Play that Fucking music white boy.......

8 Miles high is sounding pretty good, I can't remember the last time I heard it. As a matter of fact I can't remember much at all ~shrug~

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFCwtoxX60g]Meet the Parents - Puff the Magic Dragon - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back