Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

Nope.

Its up to coke to do whatever they want.

Its up to Americans to stop treating these businesses like they OWN US!

Fuck coke.

lets put great big tarrifs on their gut desolving products for moving to china.

Then Pepsi can have the first place shot at the market.

Shasta can make their special blend that tastes like coke and expand like crazy in the US while coke sits on the self because it costs too much.

You seem to think that ONLY the big brands can produce jobs WHY????

Well, first and foremost, most of the Coke sold here is going to be made here (or in Canada or Mexico). It doesn't have a long enough shelf life to justify moving it by boat. Any Coke made in China is goign to be sold in China or other Asian countries.

Secondly, the big brands are big for a reason- they are good at what they do. I mean, yeah, I guess you can go out and buy RC Cola... I wouldn't.

(For the record, Mountain Dew is my poison of choice.)

Finally, when a CEO says that he can do business easier in a "communist" country than our supposedly free market, that should make us all pause.

It should make us pause long enough to get a really big backswing on the door so it hits them in the ass real hard.

They are using commies to force what they want out of us.

They can get the fuck out and other companies who love America and find it worth staying can have theoir market share.

Coke is a damned soda NOT rocket sceince

A snail darter is a fish, not a bird. I could go into whole paragraphs of why the Endangered Species Act not only is bad for business, but doesn't really help animals all that much.

The thing is, if the spotted owl can't adapt, screw it. There are plenty of other owls that have learned to live along side humans, such as the barred owl.

The "endangered" species are usually the ones that were on the fast track to extinction before we came along.

This is true...thus why they are endangered.
We are actually having an effect on the ecosystem...but not necessarily a positive affect. We very well may be saving a species that was destined to die off...at the expense of other species that have adapted.

We are actually controlling the "survival of the fittest" theory......as we are protecting the less fit.

So you suggest we let them die and eat the bugs and rats our selves?

There are others of the same species that will do that. I can assure you the bug and rat population won't increase if the spotted owl is extinct.

lol a major Corporation is finding a government that is aspiring to be THE global economic superpower and doesn't give a fuck about human rights or the environment friendlier to business than us?

I am shocked, SHOCKED to hear this.

Now wait a minute...

Two things....

First...what gives you reason to believe that Coke will not prove to ensure proper human rights to those it employs in China

Second....it starts with leadership. I seem to recall our current administration complementing the Chinese as it pertains to their treatemrnt of the Chinese population.

We are actually having an effect on the ecosystem...but not necessarily a positive affect. We very well may be saving a species that was destined to die off...at the expense of other species that have adapted.

We are actually controlling the "survival of the fittest" theory......as we are protecting the less fit.

There are others of the same species that will do that. I can assure you the bug and rat population won't increase if the spotted owl is extinct.

I already told her that....she opted to ignore the logic.

You cite an example that is to the extreme...and yes, true...but only one small factor.
Many buy cheaper not out of necessity, but for reasons of greed. They want to be able to buy more with their money.

Walmart does not just sell milk and baby formula. It seels everything from Candy to X-Box. From jewelry to TV's.

You want to blame the CEO's that employ hundreds, if not thousands, while making money.

I blame the desire of Americans to have as much "stuff" as they can get.

The free market does work and would work like a charm if Americans stopped trying to keep up with the Jonses.

This is like saying "the free market would work if the free market would work."

It is?

I see it as saying the free market would work if Americans did what they say and not just say and do otherwise.

Its not "Americans," it's "Humans."

The free market only works in theory, it will never work in practice because it's not practical at all for human beings and human nature. That's the problem. You can't socially engineer a behavior out of human nature (acquiring more, for less). Hunting and Gathering was better when you caught a giant animal rather than a small one because it was more meals for one kill as opposed to several kills & more work.

It can never work in a real life application. It's not practical @ all.

But yoou are not suggesting just letting an owl die out.

You are suggesting these laws are worthless and none of them should be in place.

Then you call yourself naturegirl?

You obviously have NO interests in nature if you dont understand mans modern impact of species.

Nope.

Its up to coke to do whatever they want.

Its up to Americans to stop treating these businesses like they OWN US!

Fuck coke.

lets put great big tarrifs on their gut desolving products for moving to china.

Then Pepsi can have the first place shot at the market.

Shasta can make their special blend that tastes like coke and expand like crazy in the US while coke sits on the self because it costs too much.

You seem to think that ONLY the big brands can produce jobs WHY????

Well, first and foremost, most of the Coke sold here is going to be made here (or in Canada or Mexico). It doesn't have a long enough shelf life to justify moving it by boat. Any Coke made in China is goign to be sold in China or other Asian countries.

Secondly, the big brands are big for a reason- they are good at what they do. I mean, yeah, I guess you can go out and buy RC Cola... I wouldn't.

(For the record, Mountain Dew is my poison of choice.)

Finally, when a CEO says that he can do business easier in a "communist" country than our supposedly free market, that should make us all pause.

It should make us pause long enough to get a really big backswing on the door so it hits them in the ass real hard.

They are using commies to force what they want out of us.

They can get the fuck out and other companies who love America and find it worth staying can have theoir market share.

Coke is a damned soda NOT rocket sceince

Yep...assuming people stop buying coke....and then of course, we need to look at the "Love America" comment.

Continue with warfare against the corporations; continue telling them that their business models suck and then telling them that they need to devise a business model that is to you preference; continue making it unfriendly to manufacture in the US...in essence, show the corporations that they should not love America becuase America does not love them?

And you will be finding yourself drinking water.

It is?

I see it as saying the free market would work if Americans did what they say and not just say and do otherwise.

The free market only works in theory, it will never work in practice because it's not practical at all for human beings and human nature. That's the problem. You can't socially engineer a behavior out of human nature (acquiring more, for less). Hunting and Gathering was better when you caught a giant animal rather than a small one because it was more meals for one kill as opposed to several kills & more work.

I understand.

SO what do you see as the answer?

You are suggesting these laws are worthless and none of them should be in place.

You obviously have NO interests in nature if you dont understand mans modern impact of species.

So are you suggesting that we play "God" and overide survival of the fittest...which is, by the way, the reason humans exist to begin with?

And no...I am not in the mood tyo have the "God" debate....I used that as a figure of speech.

It is?

I understand.

Reasonable regulation and more incentives to make things Domestically.

It would also help a bit if the CEO's of these companies which ARE doing great in USA but could do "better" elsewhere had a lick of pride in their Country. Businesses are in the business of making money, sure, of course, but that doesn't mean that if you're doing well already you say "screw my country" just to make more. They should understand the gravity of the situation better than anyone and instead of fleeing, they should work from within to help improve their OWN Country.

Last I heard, SCOTUS gave them a reassurance that they have a Voice in Elections, same as a person. Well, use it.

The flip side is quite clever. As China bleeds off our industries, it doesn't merely sit there getting rich. Our property values decline. Our economy is collapsing. There is a fire sale of investment. China comes back and buys up the United States not only at bargain basement prices, but with extra incentives thrown in. I watched it happen in California, then came to Nevada where the gratitude to China is even MORE pronounced. China isn't merely buying up US acreage, it is buying up the loyalty of Americans. Those that stay here that is. China and Chinese companies have been hiring off the best and brightest of unemployed Americans for many years.

China is only doing what we did to become a great country.

Here is a clue for you.

They leave a processing plant behind, shasta buys it and produces a coke like mix and takes over the American market share coke left behind.

We create tarriffs on the COKE brand so high it guarentees the new shasta product sells.

Coke gets china we get the same crappy soda from another company that is ever expanding to fill cokes old shoes.

You people seem to think that the current corps are magic or something.

When Mervins died did Kholes fill the market share slot?

YES!

get it

Whoa, you know nothing about nature!! Nature is survival of the fittest!! It's natural selection for a species to become extinct. Have you ever seen a mountain lion eat a goat?? That is nature, if we protect all the goats will mountain lions become extinct?? If we don't protect all the goats, mountain lions will survive. Don't go telling me about nature, you have no idea what you're talking about!! :eek:

It is?

such a talker about nothing.....................

When has there existed a free market? Then you can speculate and sound all so important.

I understand.

It would also help a bit if the CEO's of these companies which ARE doing great in USA but could do "better" elsewhere had a lick of pride in their Country. Businesses are in the business of making money, sure, of course, but that doesn't mean that if you're doing well already you say "screw my country" just to make more. They should understand the gravity of the situation better than anyone and instead of fleeing, they should work from within to help improve their OWN Country.

Last I heard, SCOTUS gave them a reassurance that they have a Voice in Elections, same as a person. Well, use it.

Thanks for the debate GT. Always enjoy it with you.

That being said.....

Why is it that American People have the "right ot be human" and do what is in their best interest regardless of what is best for America (as you correctly said earlier), but business owners are criticized for being human and doing what is in their best interest putting aside what is best for America?

Last edited:
such a talker about nothing.....................

When has there existed a free market? Then you can speculate and sound all so important.

I don't need to speculate, it's pretty fucking easy to see in real practice that the free market wouldn't work because in the past we HAVEN'T boycotted child-labor products and shit, simply because they were cheaper.

Whoa, you know nothing about nature!! Nature is survival of the fittest!! It's natural selection for a species to become extinct. Have you ever seen a mountain lion eat a goat?? That is nature, if we protect all the goats will mountain lions become extinct?? If we don't protect all the goats, mountain lions will survive. Don't go telling me about nature, you have no idea what you're talking about!! :eek:

The next thing she will bring up is how we, himans, have had an adverse affect due to our technology...and have created issues for species that are not natural.

However, she is wrong about that.

Beaver dams have killed off the weaker species that could not adapt.

Dolphgins have devised a "feeding" process of circle, trap and eat that has had an adverse affect on the weaker species.

Most species are finding new ways to conserve energy while hunting and thew weaker species die off due to it.

Tecnology is no different.

Heck...Pigeons have adapted in NYC and they are growing in numbers...as are rats....

I understand.

Thanks for the debate GT. Always enjoy it with you.

That being said.....

Why is it that American People have the "right ot be human" and do what is in their best interest regardless of what is best for America (as you correctly said earlier), but business owners are criticized for being human and doping what is in their best interest putting aside what is best for America?

I didn't say that I agree with the human nature of it, in practice, so you'd be arguing with a point that I didn't make

[
But corporations are in the business of business. If you are going to put snail darters and spotted owls ahead of jobs, then don't be surprised when you lose jobs and are stuck eating the spotted owls.

do you understand what happens when you distroy certain species in an ecosystem?

Birds eat bugs and owls eat rodents.

Are you catching on yet?

A snail darter is a fish, not a bird. I could go into whole paragraphs of why the Endangered Species Act not only is bad for business, but doesn't really help animals all that much.

The thing is, if the spotted owl can't adapt, screw it. There are plenty of other owls that have learned to live along side humans, such as the barred owl.

The "endangered" species are usually the ones that were on the fast track to extinction before we came along.

The snail darter isn't even indigenous to the waterways where it is being protected. What resulted from protection of the snail darter? What happened? Has anyone been to central California to see the damage the Endangered Species Act did? The snail darter didn't get protection from big bad nasty polluters. The judge shut the water off to the vast and fertile California farms, fields and orchards. The land is dust (said by the EPA to be a pollutant). The owners lost everything they had. The people who worked for those owners lost everything they had. The towns where those people lived are dead. The stores and businesses that provided services to the owners and their employees lost everything they had. Small price to pay, but how about you as a consumer. Do you like produce prices for IMPORTED food? California has less than half the farmland it once had. We buy it from Chile.

Environmentally, how about damage? The insects and birds beneficial to farmland are GONE. The bees that pollinated those growing crops are gone. Beekeepers are gone because their hives are unable to survive on fallow land. Singing birds are gone. Every insect that thrives in topsoil is wiped out. Everything that needed water is gone. The land is now what it was before, a wasteland.

Do you really like the price paid to protect the snail darter? Not that the snail darter would have become extinct. It was never in danger of becoming extinct, it would have just had a different habitat.

Go there, see what happened before you start championing how the ESA protected the environment.

Forum List

Back