CO2 Has Almost No Effect on Global Temperature, Says Leading Climate Scientist

What the hell, are you twelve? Quoting,

I said "meteorologists are experts in climatology

And then,

post something meteorological that a climatologist wouldn't know

I bet you don't even see the problem there. LMAO.

Oh ... I'm still waiting for the explanation of your post #31 that I asked for ... this is high school algebra ... c'mon big boy, speak up ...

Meteorology uses dt ... climatology uses ∆t ... everything else is the same ...

Ouch ... the fluid mechanics part of this was all worked out by the middle of the 19th Century ... Max Planck and Albert Einstein were contempories (and friends) ... so the fundamentals of energy transfer and fluid motion were all worked out and in place by 2008 ... I'm sorry, if you violate the laws of nature, you're wrong ... global warming won't do these catastrophic things you folks say you believe ... like hypercanes are impossible ... yet still you advocate they will exist in the warmer world ...

Friction isn't propoganda ... why are you saying it is? ...
You are so full of shit. Hypercanes are not possible? Einstein and Planck proved it? Tell me, what it that big red spot on Jupiter? Oh wait, that is impossible.

Look, you have every right to be a climate change denier, but you don't have the right to call yourself intelligent or informed. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

Oh ... I'm still waiting for the explanation of your post #31 that I asked for ... this is high school algebra ... c'mon big boy, speak up ...

Meteorology uses dt ... climatology uses ∆t ... everything else is the same ...
Seriously, wtf does the difference between Earth's rotation and the Atomic clock have to do with flippin ass weather, or climate. Of course, you probably don't know that those are two different things.

You are so full of shit. Hypercanes are not possible? Einstein and Planck proved it? Tell me, what it that big red spot on Jupiter? Oh wait, that is impossible.

Look, you have every right to be a climate change denier, but you don't have the right to call yourself intelligent or informed. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

God, you're a nasty moron ... Category 5 is the frictional limit to tropical cyclone strength, Typhoon Tip (1979) was very close to this limit ... there will never be a Category 6 defined, hurricanes don't get that strong ...

Seriously, wtf does the difference between Earth's rotation and the Atomic clock have to do with flippin ass weather, or climate. Of course, you probably don't know that those are two different things.

I think it's fair to assume you aren't educated enough to discuss simple algebra ... foolish of you to bring it up ...

Well .. the ad hominem attack is the one of last resort ... but you used it first resort ... thank you, you admit I'm right ...

"Paid propagandist comes up with some bad propaganda that he was paid very well to write. Film at 11."

William Kininmonth is a meteorologist with zero experience in climate science. I am much, much more informed about the topic than he is. If you're going to appeal to an authority, then at least appeal to a real authority.

Now, if any of the deniers here would like to state the "science" in that "paper" in their own words and try to discuss it, I'm game. But none of them will, since none of them even looked at the paper. Being a propaganda parrot is all they're good for.

Deniers, please proceed with the deflections, dumb memes and personal attacks that you always use to hide your laughable igorance of the topic.
Nothing to deny, man caused global warming is a myth made up by psycho libtards.

God, you're a nasty moron ... Category 5 is the frictional limit to tropical cyclone strength, Typhoon Tip (1979) was very close to this limit ... there will never be a Category 6 defined, hurricanes don't get that strong ...

I think it's fair to assume you aren't educated enough to discuss simple algebra ... foolish of you to bring it up ...

Well .. the ad hominem attack is the one of last resort ... but you used it first resort ... thank you, you admit I'm right ...
I got you, double down on stupid. Tell me, what prevents hurricanes from reaching a wind speed of 176 mph? Hell, Einstein obviously laid that out, or so you claim, so I want to see it.

And you can blow smoke up everyone's ass for all I care, the very variable you mention has to do with the difference between Earth's rotation and the Atomic time clock. I doubt you even know that. But, just for shits and giggles, explain to me how that "difference" impacts either weather or climate. And just to let you know, it does, albeit not significantly.

And I will also say that I highly doubt ocean temperatures will reach 120 degrees, which is necessary for a Cat 6 hurricane. But the safeguards built into our ecological system that prevents that come with their own cost. The loss of the ocean conveyor, which I am willing to bet a dollar to a doughnut you have no clue, is one such protective measure our eco system has. And it is about to shut down.

Look, you go ahead a wallow in your own shit. Make your claims of victory if it makes you feel better about yourself. But it takes one stupid SOB to believe that global warming is not a problem and is not created by man. Hell, I have been involved in this issue since before your stupid ass was born. Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion, Nuclear, Geothermal, they all provide significant advantages to our current system, and I knew about them almost forty years ago. You are a dumbshit, and flay away if you must, you have posted nothing that contradicts that evaluation.

I got you, double down on stupid. Tell me, what prevents hurricanes from reaching a wind speed of 176 mph? Hell, Einstein obviously laid that out, or so you claim, so I want to see it.

And you can blow smoke up everyone's ass for all I care, the very variable you mention has to do with the difference between Earth's rotation and the Atomic time clock. I doubt you even know that. But, just for shits and giggles, explain to me how that "difference" impacts either weather or climate. And just to let you know, it does, albeit not significantly.

And I will also say that I highly doubt ocean temperatures will reach 120 degrees, which is necessary for a Cat 6 hurricane. But the safeguards built into our ecological system that prevents that come with their own cost. The loss of the ocean conveyor, which I am willing to bet a dollar to a doughnut you have no clue, is one such protective measure our eco system has. And it is about to shut down.

Look, you go ahead a wallow in your own shit. Make your claims of victory if it makes you feel better about yourself. But it takes one stupid SOB to believe that global warming is not a problem and is not created by man. Hell, I have been involved in this issue since before your stupid ass was born. Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion, Nuclear, Geothermal, they all provide significant advantages to our current system, and I knew about them almost forty years ago. You are a dumbshit, and flay away if you must, you have posted nothing that contradicts that evaluation.

Friction ... you'll just have to have your mommy look that up for you ...

I asked you to state the definitions ... you don't know what that means ... hey STUPID ... the Earth rotation is irregular, we add and subtract seconds to our civilian clocks every few years ...

"A leap second is a one-second adjustment that is occasionally applied to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), to accommodate the difference between precise time (International Atomic Time (TAI), as measured by atomic clocks) and imprecise observed solar time (UT1), which varies due to irregularities and long-term slowdown in the Earth's rotation." ... [emphasis mine] ...

So ... no ... your `gamma` function doesn't tell us what you say it says ... do you have a "citation", see if your mommy knows what that is ...

a Cat 6 hurricane

This is not defined ... not scientifically ... there's no need ... if people won't evacuate for a Cat 5 storm (and this was in the forecast for Ian at one point), they won't evacuate for anything higher numbered ... tornadoes are different, they have a cold-core structure instead of tropical ... but you knew that, right? ... [giggle] ...

Last edited:
Of course, this is true.

And if people truly believed that CO2 was this evil molecule they would be attacking China and India over those two nations building hundreds of coal-fired power plants and increasing their usage of coal.

Forget ‘settled’ science or ‘consensus’ – that is a political construct designed to quash debate in the interests of promoting a command-and-control Net Zero agenda. One of the great drivers of continual changes in the climate is heat exchange within both the atmosphere and the Earth’s surface. Current understanding of the entire picture is limited, and it seems the opportunity has been taken to fill this gap by blaming carbon dioxide almost entirely for the recent gentle warming. A new paper on the so-called ‘greenhouse’ effect highlights the vital role played by oceans and water vapour flows. CO2 is said to have “minimal effect” on the Earth’s temperature and climate.
The paper has been published by the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) and is written by meteorologist William Kininmonth, a former consultant to the World Meteorological Organisation’s Commission for Climatology and former head of the Australian Government’s National Climate Centre. Kininmonth argues that the oceans are the “vital inertial and thermal flywheels” of the climate system. If one wants to control climate, it will be necessary to control the oceans, he argues. “Efforts to decarbonise in the hope of affecting global temperatures will be in vain,” he adds.
In Kininmonth’s view, the recent warming is “probably simply the result of fluctuations in the ever-changing ocean circulation”. CO2 “must be recognised” as a very minor contributor to the observed warming, and one that is unlikely to prolong the warming trend beyond the peak generated by the natural oceanic oscillations, he notes. He explains that the main driver of global temperature is the movement of energy in water, both in the oceans and the atmosphere after evaporation.
Of course Kininmonth’s work will be largely ignored in the mainstream. The BBC will bin it, the Guardian might be tempted to run its usual in-house slur that bungs are being paid by BP; anyone publicising its conclusions runs the risk of woke corporations like PayPal suddenly withdrawing financial transactional services, while footling ‘fact checks’ will ensure black marks and warnings across social media. GWPF invited the Royal Society and the Met Office to review the Kininmonth paper, promising any response would be published as an appendix. “No reply was received,” noted the Foundation.

Its good that serious people are refusing to engage with these tarts.

Friction ... you'll just have to have your mommy look that up for you ...

I asked you to state the definitions ... you don't know what that means ... hey STUPID ... the Earth rotation is irregular, we add and subtract seconds to our civilian clocks every few years ...

"A leap second is a one-second adjustment that is occasionally applied to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), to accommodate the difference between precise time (International Atomic Time (TAI), as measured by atomic clocks) and imprecise observed solar time (UT1), which varies due to irregularities and long-term slowdown in the Earth's rotation." ... [emphasis mine] ...

So ... no ... your `gamma` function doesn't tell us what you say it says ... do you have a "citation", see if your mommy knows what that is ...

a Cat 6 hurricane

This is not defined ... not scientifically ... there's no need ... if people won't evacuate for a Cat 5 storm (and this was in the forecast for Ian at one point), they won't evacuate for anything higher numbered ... tornadoes are different, they have a cold-core structure instead of tropical ... but you knew that, right? ... [giggle] ...
Good God Almighty but you are a pretentious little shit. WTF you posting shit about the "leap second"? WTF did I tell you? Here, l let me refresh your memory,

And you can blow smoke up everyone's ass for all I care, the very variable you mention has to do with the difference between Earth's rotation and the Atomic time clock.

Now you done tripled down on stupid. I showed you the definition of the variable you mentioned, specifically asked you to explain how it had an effect on weather OR climate, and WTF do you do? You define the term like you are teaching someone something. As to the effect that would have on climate and weather, flippin crickets.

You have a ways to go to convince me that you are not some dumbshit loser typing out responses from your Mom's basement. Friction? Bullshit. Look, A CAT 6 Hurricane is defined as one with sustained wind speeds of at least 181 mph. Your claim, that "friction" prevents that is horseshit. Typhoon Haiyan had wind speeds of up 195m mph. Hurricane Patricia hit wind speeds of 215 mph--where the fawk is that friction?

And yeah, I can calculate that equation as easily as I can tie my damn shoes. Just to let you know, when I financed my house the bank gave me a quote. Here is the interest rate, here is the amount financed, here is the payment. I called bullshit, and pulled out my calculator with the y to the x function and promptly told them their numbers were wrong, and actually, it was to my benefit. I signed the paperwork, nailed down the payment, but the bank promptly adjusted their software, and profusely thanked me for pointing out their computer's mistake.

"Paid propagandist comes up with some bad propaganda that he was paid very well to write. Film at 11."

William Kininmonth is a meteorologist with zero experience in climate science. I am much, much more informed about the topic than he is. If you're going to appeal to an authority, then at least appeal to a real authority.

Now, if any of the deniers here would like to state the "science" in that "paper" in their own words and try to discuss it, I'm game. But none of them will, since none of them even looked at the paper. Being a propaganda parrot is all they're good for.

Deniers, please proceed with the deflections, dumb memes and personal attacks that you always use to hide your laughable igorance of the topic.

785d4t.jpg

Of course, this is true.

And if people truly believed that CO2 was this evil molecule they would be attacking China and India over those two nations building hundreds of coal-fired power plants and increasing their usage of coal.

Forget ‘settled’ science or ‘consensus’ – that is a political construct designed to quash debate in the interests of promoting a command-and-control Net Zero agenda. One of the great drivers of continual changes in the climate is heat exchange within both the atmosphere and the Earth’s surface. Current understanding of the entire picture is limited, and it seems the opportunity has been taken to fill this gap by blaming carbon dioxide almost entirely for the recent gentle warming. A new paper on the so-called ‘greenhouse’ effect highlights the vital role played by oceans and water vapour flows. CO2 is said to have “minimal effect” on the Earth’s temperature and climate.
The paper has been published by the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) and is written by meteorologist William Kininmonth, a former consultant to the World Meteorological Organisation’s Commission for Climatology and former head of the Australian Government’s National Climate Centre. Kininmonth argues that the oceans are the “vital inertial and thermal flywheels” of the climate system. If one wants to control climate, it will be necessary to control the oceans, he argues. “Efforts to decarbonise in the hope of affecting global temperatures will be in vain,” he adds.
In Kininmonth’s view, the recent warming is “probably simply the result of fluctuations in the ever-changing ocean circulation”. CO2 “must be recognised” as a very minor contributor to the observed warming, and one that is unlikely to prolong the warming trend beyond the peak generated by the natural oceanic oscillations, he notes. He explains that the main driver of global temperature is the movement of energy in water, both in the oceans and the atmosphere after evaporation.
Of course Kininmonth’s work will be largely ignored in the mainstream. The BBC will bin it, the Guardian might be tempted to run its usual in-house slur that bungs are being paid by BP; anyone publicising its conclusions runs the risk of woke corporations like PayPal suddenly withdrawing financial transactional services, while footling ‘fact checks’ will ensure black marks and warnings across social media. GWPF invited the Royal Society and the Met Office to review the Kininmonth paper, promising any response would be published as an appendix. “No reply was received,” noted the Foundation.

Having fun making up shit ?

You know, you guys are some lazy ass shits. I mean how long does it take to google, "William Kininmonth". Wouldn't you want to do that before you start spouting off? Have you no self-pride or dignity? Do you really enjoy looking like a flippin idiot? Has confirmation bias so consumed you that you can't even take a basic step in confirming information?

But no, you don't do that, and you double down on stupid. How hard is it to google "Judith Curry"? Look, you get no sympathy for retiring at 63. Seriously. Hell, she already qualifies for Social Security and you can bet TIA CREFF has taken good care of her. Does she believe CO2 has contributed to global warming? Yep. Her area of expertise is how global warming has resulted in increased hurricane strength. She just believes that it might not be as bad as it appears. And she believes it might not be cost effective to try and combat it. In other words, fawk the next generation, I am driving my Hummer.

Look, you guys are rank amateurs. Your posts are mere pissing in the wind. But hey, you got your supporters. Other fools so drawn to confirmation bias that they latch on to your bullshit. But thinkers, real intelligent people, you look like a damn fool.

Please post the list of the “97% of scientists agree” so we can laugh at it again.

Please post the list of the “97% of scientists agree” so we can laugh at it again.
Sure. But let’s not start with the 20,000 college and universities of the world, let’s start at the top.
God. The Pontifical Academy of Science of the Catholic Church and the head of every major religion in the world have all, in unison.....declared YOU and the other deniers are full of shit. That’s their exact words...full of shit....Translated of course from the Holy Ghost !

Sure. But let’s not start with the 20,000 college and universities of the world, let’s start at the top.
God. The Pontifical Academy of Science of the Catholic Church and the head of every major religion in the world have all, in unison.....declared YOU and the other deniers are full of shit. That’s their exact words...full of shit....Translated of course from the Holy Ghost !

The best part is you leftists screamed 97% of scientists agree! For years without ever seeing the list. Hilarious!
Lemmings gonna lemming.

How about..A Joint Message from the Protection of Creation," Pope Francis, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby and Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarch ...
These are all speaking from the 97% of god fearing religious scientist of the world.
Actually 98%

Forum List

Back