Cnn! Wtf?!

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Trying to make today's cookie batter listening to CNN's coverage of the Ferguson stuff when some bitch anchor says "...If the Ferguson police department a rogue police department?"

"What'd that bitch say?" my first reaction. How DARE you say that on-air! What purpose can that possibly serve?

If people loose their jobs for calling people 'nappy headed hoes' then that bitch should be shown the door.

This is the downside of 24 hour news. You have to fill all that air time, which means the bloviation factor is astronomical.

"Is Obama an alien lizard being? Hey, I'm just asking a question!"

CNN has been well documented for it's yellow press type reporting, inaccuracies, extreme left wing bias, very low pay as compared to the industry, talking heads that cannot make it through an unscripted piece without stumbling all over themselves and of course high turnover in the on camera talent.
CNN used to be a reliable source of "as it is happening" news. Now it's junk. And the ratings are there to prove that out.

Did you see the numbers that were reported?
go check that out before you post soemthing

No news organization (or no human being for that matter) is perfect. But CNN is probably the best at reporting it down the middle without bias.

Probably helps that you can't slander a police department. That was a no-no.

Overall I like CNN fine, no complaints about it as a news organization. But that anchor should be fired (and have her car towed.)

Trying to make today's cookie batter listening to CNN's coverage of the Ferguson stuff when some bitch anchor says "...If the Ferguson police department a rogue police department?"

"What'd that bitch say?" my first reaction. How DARE you say that on-air! What purpose can that possibly serve?

If people loose their jobs for calling people 'nappy headed hoes' then that bitch should be shown the door.

As well as people who refer to women as ‘bitches'?

I'm not on tv :)

And in my 5210 posts that was the only time I've referred to a woman that way. But when you libel an entire police department ya, I get irked.

Last edited:
Overall I like CNN fine, no complaints about it as a news organization. But that anchor should be fired (and have her car towed.)

I could live with her getting a couple of days off without pay. But then again, the First Amendment applies to everyone - even the ones we disagree with.

I don't like the idea of cops going after people because they said something that pissed 'em off. Not a good idea.

Sounds to me like she was just doing her job -- pushing the proper propaganda of the moment.

In case you haven't noticed, local/city P.D.'s all across the country have been demonized of late in the mainstream press. Meanwhile, the Staties have benefited from a more positive spin, coinciding with the privatization of some of the command and control aspects of the State Police forces in various states.

All right on schedule...

And in my 5210 posts that was the only time I've referred to a woman that way. But when you libel an entire police department ya, I get irked.

You also don’t get it.

And who is this anchor? Where’s the link to the comment or a transcript? What was the context? Was it an editorial?

You’re entitled to your opinion, however, subjective, ignorant and wrong; but absent evidence, facts, and context, calling for the anchor to lose her job or to be subject harassment by the police is inane and unwarranted.

You also don’t get it.

And who is this anchor? Where’s the link to the comment or a transcript? What was the context? Was it an editorial?

You’re entitled to your opinion, however, subjective, ignorant and wrong; but absent evidence, facts, and context, calling for the anchor to lose her job or to be subject harassment by the police is inane and unwarranted.

Wouldn't expect a transcript to be up on their site for at least a couple days as is their past performance with them. I'll get it though. Contrary to other opinions I doubt I'm the only one who heard her say it. :)

I can only hope that the Ferguson PD is rogue. If it's standard American, then we are uncomfortably close to the USSR police state of the 1960's. Perhaps we have already passed it.

NO American should be comfortable with what the Ferguson PD did.

I can only hope that the Ferguson PD is rogue. If it's standard American, then we are uncomfortably close to the USSR police state of the 1960's. Perhaps we have already passed it.

NO American should be comfortable with what the Ferguson PD did.

It wasn't just the local PD, cops from all over came in and started acting like they were suppressing crowds in Iraq.

I don't like what has happened, but I still find what some of the citizens there are doing disgusting as well.

Forum List

Back