CNN/ORC Poll: Dems>GOP, Obama~Boehner

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/09/27/rel16c.pdf

The newest poll numbers put the Democratic Party's fav/unfav at 44/48 to the Republican Party's 39/54. Boehner, on the other hand, at 37/39, is fairly comparable to recent numbers for Barack Obama (Poll: Obama's Favorability Rating Upside-Down for First Time - Hotline On Call).

At a glance, these numbers look quite bad for incumbents, but encouraging overall for Congressional Democrats in 2012. Republicans aren't going to get much from either the GOP or Tea Party brand this time around.

I can just see the poll. They call everyone over age 18 in Manhattan and Los Angeles and ask: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of the Democratic Party, the party that is working for free benefits for you and against millionaires and billionaires? And, "Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of Sarah Palin's GOP, the party that wants you to die if you get sick?"

The questions are available in the link I provided. They don't include any that seem the least bit slanted to me, and certainly none like you "can just see". The sampling methodology isn't included, but it purports to be a random sample of American adults. No serious polling organization would attempt to represent an entirely urban sample as representing all of American adults.

Forum List

Back