Climate scientists are science’s biggest frequent flyers

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Like I’ve always said, when those saying it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis, then maybe I’ll listen.

Climate experts — who accounted for about 17% of respondents — take five flights per year on average, the study found, whereas researchers who specialize in other fields took four. Climate scientists also fly more often for work than their peers, but take fewer international flights for personal reasons. Air travel becomes more frequent with job seniority across all disciplines, with climate-change professors flying on average nine times per year, and those in non-climate disciplines flying eight times.

Although the difference isn’t enormous, it adds up to a “colossal amount of flying”, says Lorraine Whitmarsh, an environmental psychologist at the University of Bath, UK, who led the study. “These figures are really quite stark, I think, and should be a wake-up call for all of science.”

Like I’ve always said, when those saying it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis, then maybe I’ll listen.

Climate experts — who accounted for about 17% of respondents — take five flights per year on average, the study found, whereas researchers who specialize in other fields took four. Climate scientists also fly more often for work than their peers, but take fewer international flights for personal reasons. Air travel becomes more frequent with job seniority across all disciplines, with climate-change professors flying on average nine times per year, and those in non-climate disciplines flying eight times.

Although the difference isn’t enormous, it adds up to a “colossal amount of flying”, says Lorraine Whitmarsh, an environmental psychologist at the University of Bath, UK, who led the study. “These figures are really quite stark, I think, and should be a wake-up call for all of science.”
LMAO!

Climate experts — who accounted for about 17% of respondents ...

Great example of restricting your sample pool to drive up your probabilities ... why not just ask only climatologists and state your percentage at 100? ... I did the same for biologists and turns out 100% of them account for all the breathing among scientists ... woot ...

Statistics for fun and profit ...

Climate experts — who accounted for about 17% of respondents ...

Great example of restricting your sample pool to drive up your probabilities ... why not just ask only climatologists and state your percentage at 100? ... I did the same for biologists and turns out 100% of them account for all the breathing among scientists ... woot ...

Statistics for fun and profit ...
Meanwhile in the real world you avoid....

Meanwhile in the real world you avoid....

Can't say I've been to Switzerland ... never attended any World Economic Forums ... why do you consider this a good example of the real world? ...

More important ... what kind of airplane do you have? ...

I can't wait until we have electric planes. :rolleyes:

The only thing holding them back is a long enough extension cord. :)

I can never turn down a dare ... character flaw ... airlines brought us SARS ... they're murdering us already ... shoot them all down, save the climate ... Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without five feet of snow to shovel ...

Oh look, it's the "If you don't live in a cave, you don't think global warming is real" stupidity.
Yeah.
Obama sure has a nice cave on Martha's Vineyard.
im-133724.jpeg

Burning more carbons in one year than I will in a lifetime. Doesn't appear worried about rising oceans either.

Hypocrites gotta hypocrite.

That place is a good thirty foot about sea level ... look down by the water's edge ... we should barely see any difference in 100 years ... just within resolution of this frame ... that's glacier bait, fools build on till ...

I’LL BELIEVE IT’S A CRISIS WHEN THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP TELLING ME IT’S A CRISIS START ACTING LIKE IT’S A CRISIS: Climate Change Alarmist Harrison Ford Seen Landing Private Jet to Pick Up Son Ahead of Thanksgiving.

1606173910390.png

I don't want to hear another damn word about MY carbon footprint.

That place is a good thirty foot about sea level ... look down by the water's edge ... we should barely see any difference in 100 years ... just within resolution of this frame ... that's glacier bait, fools build on till ...
That place is 11 feet above sea level, as shown by Google Earth.

Obama's house.PNG

And remember...you need to use less energy.

View attachment 420740

Where are the solar panels?

This is where the Hudson River glacier met the Gulf Stream ... this is all crap scraped off the Canadian Shield and puked out into the Atlantic ... ewww ... glaciers are filthy things, I'm glad they're all dying ...

View attachment 420740

Where are the solar panels?
The Soy Boy King doesn't have to do what he insists the peasants do.

Forum List

Back