Cleveland Indians now the Cleveland Guardians

Cleveland Spiders was the team that had act Young on it and it would be a throwback to the famous team that the Indians replaced.

Guardians is just gay… Might as well went with Knights instead…
Guardians has potential, and the team has a lot of room in future branding, which undoubtedly helped them choose this moniker.

Yea, like who on earth would be offended by Warriors?

You should do some research before asking such silly questions.

The name comes from the Philadelphia Warriors. This was their logo:

philadelphia-warriors-logo-1.gif

It's a clear reference to native Americans being a violent people...

I don't know about everyone else here, but the previous name never bothered me and I am park Cherokee Indian.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's a matter of public image. You won't lose fans by changing your name, where you can lose fans (and advertising) by not doing so.

As they say, do the math.

So are they also going to demand that people stop using the "tribe" reference when referring to the Indians?

I figure it'll come naturally as the media will shorten reference to the team to "Guards". I've been favoring a name change ever since moving to Arizona 40 years ago when I began to feel the name "Indians" was childish.

The Corrupt Joe presidency brings us the insult towards Native Americans by replacing a historic team name to honor them. With using a name to glorify white people called the "Guardians". Do the blinded demos know that the Guardians in Cleveland were all white men?

I don't know about everyone else here, but the previous name never bothered me and I am park Cherokee Indian.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I believe around 90% of full blooded Indians don't give a rat's ass.

It is the 10% liberal that ruin everything. We must bend to the 10% liberals.

We need to treat this like cancer now.

liberals ruined sports for me. Something I loved, but detest with a passion now

I can't wait till Indians fans go the games wearing Chief Wahoo caps. What are the radical lefties going to cry about now?

Indians, Redskins, Confederate statues being removed, Klan flag booted from NASCAR events, etc. All on Trump`s watch. LOL!
I'm so happy fans are leaving and viewership is record lows.

Hearing those gun shots outside the stadium was like Bach. A fan was shot...lolol

Forum List

Back