Cleveland Indians picked new name

Lifelong Tribe fan. Name makes sense if you're familiar with their stadium's location.

If it wasn't for the name being already taken my first choice would have been going with the A's with the "A" representing the letter dropped from the city's original name and that of its founder, Moses Cleaveland.

This was a long time coming and a good call.

Looking forward to The Guardians. Kudos Cleveland.

The Cleveland Indians at the end of this season will be known as the Cleveland Guardians. I guess that is better than something like Washington football team I hope they got approval from the woke society of America before picking it.
Cleveland Indians choose Guardians as new team name
I do not understand why? Just change the avatar and Indians is perfectly fine. Odd. Is Atlanta next?

The Cleveland Indians at the end of this season will be known as the Cleveland Guardians. I guess that is better than something like Washington football team I hope they got approval from the woke society of America before picking it.

Wow....what a patriarchal name.......they obviously must think that being "Guardians," over minorities and women is a good concept.....this team has to be disbanded for their anti-Woke beliefs....

"Guardians"? LOL given the Cleveland Indians' records, that aren't guarding the World Series Trophy any time soon. Better yet, the The Cleveland Groves:

"Stephen Grover Cleveland was an American lawyer and politician who served as the 22nd and 24th president of the United States from 1885 to 1889 and from 1893 to 1897.

"Cleveland is the only president in American history to serve two nonconsecutive terms in office, and the Cleveland Indians won two non consecutive world series, 1920 and 1948."

A grove of trees, not able to move into first place since 1948.

Good, im tired of references to native Americans. Get rid of ALL of it! We need to completely wipe out their cultural footprint in this nation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back