Classic rock goodies

Only recently got into "Free". For a long time I thought Gov't Mule wrote this:

Free had Paul Rodgers on lead vocals-one of the very best-later of Bad Company

here is one of Paul's better efforts as a singer-along with "Shooting Star" my two favorites from him

something a little different though they were huge in england in this era

my freshman suite mate in college (77) had seen Annie Haslam play live at Carnegie Hall and had the album from that performance. By the end of the first term we had bought a second copy since the vinyl was pretty well shot on the first one

Sly and the Family Stone- Stand!

another band from that era that was HUGE but unlike LZ, the Who and the Stones, you almost never hear anymore. Sly Stone's wedding was as hyped as bobby Riggs playing BJ King!

another band from that era that you don't hear much of any more despite the talk (back then) that their most famous guitarist-Robin Trower-was the next Jimi Hendrix. This is not one of their more popular tunes but its my favorite

the lyrics are hysterical and a bit depressing!

"I came home to an empty flat
she left me a note and had taken the cat"

Last edited:

not really classic rock (punk) but I saw the Ramones in Barton Hall (a famed concert venue at Cornell university {the site of the famed May 8, 1977 Grateful Dead show). great live band. and Johnny Ramone was one brilliant guitarist who could easily play with just about anyone.

speaking of Barton Hall. my favorite GD tune (probably)

she wore scarlet begonias tucked into her hair

Forum List

Back