Classic late night show musical guests.

As a much younger dude, this one left an impression on me and for some reason, I appreciate her vocals and the way she gets into the song, even more, when I watch it again.

Weird because I never watched the movie and musicals are not my thing.

Last edited:
As a much younger dude, this one left an impression on me and for some reason, I appreciate her vocals and the way she gets into the song, even more, when I watch it again.

She was in Little Shop Of Horrors, wasn't she? I liked her singing in that movie. Thanks for THIS post.

She was in Little Shop Of Horrors, wasn't she? I liked her singing in that movie. Thanks for THIS post.

Yes, little shop of Horrors.

I've still never caught the whole thing.

Another classic from late 80's/early 90's Letterman.

Saw Robert Cray open for a Genesis concert, once.

I've been a fan since.

I like Robert Cray, as well. His album, Strong Persuader, from 1986, which features his wonderful song, "Smoking Gun", is one of my all-time favorite albums in ANY genre.

Dude makes a full size strat look like a kids toy.

Here he is on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in 1987.

I've been a fan since.

I like Robert Cray, as well. His album, Strong Persuader, from 1986, which features his wonderful song, "Smoking Gun", is one of my all-time favorite albums in ANY genre.

Complete unique style of Bluz!

I've been a fan since.

Complete unique style of Bluz!

Yep, he's not pure blues by any means. I'd call his music a mix of Blues, R&B and Pop. A very NICE mix!

When you can find them the early 80's late night show "Fridays" had some great acts appear.

Some pretty rare acts like Ian Hunter with Mick Ronson and Ellen Foley to Jack Bruce and Friends.

They had King Crimson and Sir Douglas Quintet. The Clash to Paul McCartney To the Tubes to Warren Zevon.

Forum List

Back