City to Fine Children for Using Playgrounds

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Apr112020
Authorities have discovered that there is no limit on their abuse of power so long as they cite the Wuhan virus and recite the magic words “saving lives.” If you can fine Christians for sitting in their cars in a church parking lot with their windows up, why not fine children for heading out to the park for a breath of fresh air?

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin plans to fine children for violating the “Safer at Home” order imposed by Governor Tony Evers:
First time offenses for 12 and 13 year olds are $90. Teenagers between 14 and 16 years old could pay $187. Anyone older than that would be looking at a fine of up to $313.
Using a playground is an example of a forbidden activity.
Parents and guardians could be cited too.
It could be worse:
[Police Chief William] Lamb says the fines are meant to be a compromise between no punishment and filing charges.
If fining children for using playgrounds doesn’t make COVID-19 disappear, authorities will be forced to escalate. After filing charges, perhaps the next step will be summary executions. Anything to save lives.

On a tip from Mr. Freemarket.

If you turn in your neighbors they increase your monthly bat soup and chocolate ration

derped.png

Well, if the people stayed in their vehicles, all fines should be thrown out in court. Why? They didn't violate any social distancing laws (cars are a lot bigger than 6 ft), and they kept the windows up.

Now, while I wasn't a fan of churches going ahead and holding services inside the church because of the virus, when some preachers started to come up with drive in services, I thought that was a pretty good balance. Still have the social distancing keeping people safe, and people can feel like they are worshiping with other members of their church.

Sorry, but even as the "looney leftist" that many conservatives on here call me, I support the church and the preacher on this one. The police were in the wrong.

Well, if the people stayed in their vehicles, all fines should be thrown out in court. Why? They didn't violate any social distancing laws (cars are a lot bigger than 6 ft), and they kept the windows up.

Now, while I wasn't a fan of churches going ahead and holding services inside the church because of the virus, when some preachers started to come up with drive in services, I thought that was a pretty good balance. Still have the social distancing keeping people safe, and people can feel like they are worshiping with other members of their church.

Sorry, but even as the "looney leftist" that many conservatives on here call me, I support the church and the preacher on this one. The police were in the wrong.

After I logged off here last night me and me lady went to Sam's club

Walls ....i mean giant walls of toilet paper and paper towels mountains of water
Skids of everything else ....barely any meat though

Most were completely oblivious to social distancing..

We need hall monitors

campcovid times.jpeg

Walls ....i mean giant walls of toilet paper and paper towels mountains of water

We need hall monitors

View attachment 322211

I'm my own hall monitor. When people are blocking me at the store, I simply stop 6 ft away from them and stare at them until they realize they are messing with the distance rule. Usually, I don't have to say anything, because people realize after they see me looking at them like I want them to move.

We need hall monitors

View attachment 322211

I'm my own hall monitor. When people are blocking me at the store, I simply stop 6 ft away from them and stare at them until they realize they are messing with the distance rule. Usually, I don't have to say anything, because people realize after they see me looking at them like I want them to move.

This is the 4th store I've been in
They dont do it on purpose either...

We need to have a nation wide block party ...everyone cough on each other and then go back to work

If you can fine Christians for sitting in their cars in a church parking lot with their windows up,
Not to turn the thread, but I thought the "drive in" idea was a good one. Listen to the minister on the radio. You got a link to that?

First time offenses for 12 and 13 year olds are $90. Teenagers between 14 and 16 years old could pay $187. Anyone older than that would be looking at a fine of up to $313.
That's a helluvalot of shoveling snow or mowing lawns. I suppose THAT's prohibited, too. Of course the parents are going to pay it, so why not just fine the parents to start with?

We need hall monitors

View attachment 322211
Maine has had an Emergency Order for about a week restricting how many people can be in a store at one time, depending on the store's square footage. I hear there was a line at our grocery store one day this past week (they're only allowing in 95 at a time).

Your state doesn't have that?

Apr112020
Authorities have discovered that there is no limit on their abuse of power so long as they cite the Wuhan virus and recite the magic words “saving lives.” If you can fine Christians for sitting in their cars in a church parking lot with their windows up, why not fine children for heading out to the park for a breath of fresh air?

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin plans to fine children for violating the “Safer at Home” order imposed by Governor Tony Evers:
Using a playground is an example of a forbidden activity.
Parents and guardians could be cited too.
It could be worse:
[Police Chief William] Lamb says the fines are meant to be a compromise between no punishment and filing charges.
If fining children for using playgrounds doesn’t make COVID-19 disappear, authorities will be forced to escalate. After filing charges, perhaps the next step will be summary executions. Anything to save lives.

On a tip from Mr. Freemarket.

If you turn in your neighbors they increase your monthly bat soup and chocolate ration

View attachment 322188
So fine the kids for playing outside, so they stay inside and do nothing. Then listen to these same people bitch that the kids aren’t in shape (or one of their favorite words “obese”). Then claim that their parents are poor examples. They get to bitch either way. My kids play outside. In OUR yard. Anybody complains, they get told they best go on their merry way and mind their own business.

We need hall monitors

View attachment 322211
Maine has had an Emergency Order for about a week restricting how many people can be in a store at one time, depending on the store's square footage. I hear there was a line at our grocery store one day this past week (they're only allowing in 95 at a time).

Your state doesn't have that?
Nope

This is absolute lunacy. Every hour of this madness the economy is on a downward slope, too.

Forum List

Back