Cindy McCain Set to Succeed Husband in Senate

don't think so , makes me wonder if he is really sick or not . I imagine him coming out of this sickness [that he never had] as some kind of hero Zander .

It would be a fitting tribute to an honorable veteran of war and congress.

Speaking as an Arizonan, I do not want one of our two Senate seats being used as a "tribute", I don't give a rat's ass WHAT we're "tributing" him about. Call me unreasonable if you want, but the Arizona Senate seats should be filled for the purposes of advancing the best interests of the state of Arizona. You want to have a tribute, name a fucking park after him.

What is at issue is the process, not the politics. How does it make sense to just hand over a Senate seat to a Senator's wife? Why wouldn't there be a special election as was done when Ted Kennedy died?

Because the Constitution gives the power to the states themselves to determine how they handle the situation of a Senator leaving office (whether through death or resignation) before his/her term is complete. Arizona is one of 34 states in which the governor appoints a replacement to fill the seat until the next regularly-scheduled general election.

Massachusetts, on the other hand, has opted to replace Senators by holding a special election. They are one of 13 states which take that route.

thing is that 'mcstain' is a repub and repubs think that they own the 'mcstain' seat . Just another reason to hate or dislike 'repubs' for me .

Pretty sure Republicans think they own that seat because it's in a red state. Do you hate Democrats equally for thinking they own the Senate seats in California?

You can hear from Gov Ducey here on his meeting with McCain.....

Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain's appointment to Senate

Who the hell do Ducey and McCain think they're kidding? They're both out of their damned minds, thinking it's appropriate to have McCain clinging to that seat and leaving Arizona effectively with only one Senator.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope his treatment goes well. I don't like John McCain, but I don't wish him dead. But if he actually gave a damn about the good of the nation and of his state over and above his own ego, he'd have stepped down already.

don't think so , makes me wonder if he is really sick or not . I imagine him coming out of this sickness [that he never had] as some kind of hero Zander .
He sure wrote a mouthful of a statement about Trump's spectacle in Helsinki. Maybe someone else wrote it for him, though. I can't imagine anyone at death's door coming up with that.

He sure wrote a mouthful of a statement about Trump's spectacle in Helsinki. Maybe someone else wrote it for him, though. I can't imagine anyone at death's door coming up with that.

Not like he's got anything else to do right now. He certainly isn't Senatoring (yes, I know, I just made up a word).

Not like he's got anything else to do right now. He certainly isn't Senatoring (yes, I know, I just made up a word).
He's got a brain tumor, final stages. Think what you want.

Speaking as an Arizonan, I do not want one of our two Senate seats being used as a "tribute", I don't give a rat's ass WHAT we're "tributing" him about. Call me unreasonable if you want, but the Arizona Senate seats should be filled for the purposes of advancing the best interests of the state of Arizona. You want to have a tribute, name a fucking park after him.
Isn't it only until November?

thing is that 'mcstain' is a repub and repubs think that they own the 'mcstain' seat . Just another reason to hate or dislike 'repubs' for me .

Pretty sure Republicans think they own that seat because it's in a red state. Do you hate Democrats equally for thinking they own the Senate seats in California?
------------------------------------------ i have MORE dislike for repub rinos then dems . I say that because 'repubs' , 'bush's' . mcstains , roobio , jebito , ghwb , gwb are republicans that have fooled Americans for years into believing that they were CONSERVATIVE Republican Americans . Course i have no use for either GOP or Dems . I did vote 'repub' for the last time when i voted for 'gwb' for his first term in office Cecille .

--------------------------------- well of course i think what i want but 'mcstain' is such a liar and snake plus his 'gop' party are liars and snakes that i wouldn't put it past any of them to be doing some more lying about their captured and supposedly dying hero 'mcstain' OldLady .

Yes, I'm aware. So far as I know, his brain tumor isn't currently blocking his speech centers, though.

Yes, I'm aware. So far as I know, his brain tumor isn't currently blocking his speech centers, though.
Well, bless his heart.

Isn't it only until November?

Depends on when McCain resigns (or passes, I guess, although I still certainly hope it doesn't happen that way). The governor will appoint a replacement, who will serve until the next general election, whenever that is. And then the elected Senator will serve until the end of McCain's original term, which would be 2022, in order to keep the Senate elections on the correct schedule.

I have MORE dislike for repub rinos then dems . I say that because 'repubs' , 'bush's' . mcstains , roobio , jebito , ghwb , gwb are republicans that have fooled Americans for years into believing that they were CONSERVATIVE Republican Americans . Course i have no use for either GOP or Dems . I did vote 'repub' for the last time when i voted for 'gwb' for his first term in office

I generally agree, but who did you vote for since then? I voted for Perot in 1992, but have been forced to vote R since then because of the rampant corruption of the D candidates since then.

New Topics

Forum List

Back