Cindy McCain Set to Succeed Husband in Senate

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
06dd40bc-377c-44ad-a23d-37595a71efb2.jpg

As Arizonans prepare for their final salute to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., Republicans and political pundits in the state privately tell Newsmax they expect the appointment of his wife, Cindy, to succeed him in the Senate.

From Cindy McCain Set to Succeed Husband in Senate

But, it wouldn't be all the unusual. And, from what I've read, she's actually far more conservative than he is.
WIDOWS WHO SUCCEEDED THEIR HUSBANDS IN CONGRESS

47 women have been elected or appointed to fill congressional vacancies created by the deaths of their husbands, 8 to the U.S. Senate and 39 to the U. S. House of Representatives.

U.S. Senate -8

1931-45 Hattie Wyatt Caraway (D-AR)

1936-37 Rose McConnell Long (D-LA)

1948 Vera Cahalan Bushfield (R-SD)

1960-67 Maurine Brown Neuberger (D-OR)

1978-79 MaryonPittman Allen (D-AL)

1978-79 Muriel Buck Humphrey (D-MN)

1992 Jocelyn Birch Burdick (D-ND)

2001-02 Jean Carnahan (D-MO)

The full list and notes @ http://cawp.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/resources/widows.pdf

It would be a fitting tribute to an honorable veteran of war and congress.

As Arizonans prepare for their final salute to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., Republicans and political pundits in the state privately tell Newsmax they expect the appointment of his wife, Cindy, to succeed him in the Senate.

But, it wouldn't be all the unusual. And, from what I've read, she's actually far more conservative than he is.

47 women have been elected or appointed to fill congressional vacancies created by the deaths of their husbands, 8 to the U.S. Senate and 39 to the U. S. House of Representatives.

U.S. Senate -8

The full list and notes @ http://cawp.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/resources/widows.pdf

No....Just...NO!!

NO on every level possible. Hopefully the Arizona citizenry would run her out of office the first time she came up for re-election

U.S. Senate -8

It's just fucking wrong. Unlike dems, having a vagina does not automatically qualify anyone for political office. I don't believe that she's "more Conservative " than her quisling husband. On that broken scale, even Jake Starkey is slightly more Conservative than Juan McCain. Just make a real appointment

What is at issue is the process, not the politics. How does it make sense to just hand over a Senate seat to a Senator's wife? Why wouldn't there be a special election as was done when Ted Kennedy died?

Depends on the law in the particular state, Mike.

Cindy is conservative and hates Trump.

I like the combo.

The governor gets to appoint the new Senator until the election. She can’t be any worse than her husband. I respect McCain’s war record but as a Senator he has been a big disappointment.

What the state of Arizona does with this position is Arizona’s lone decision.

thing is that 'mcstain' is a repub and repubs think that they own the 'mcstain' seat . Just another reason to hate or dislike 'repubs' for me .

Wish more average Joes would run for office. So tired of the dynasy thing.

Same thing happens in media. That's pretty much an inherited job, too.

U.S. Senate -8

Oh hell no!

Every stupid thing McCain did, she was behind it.

U.S. Senate -8

Note that this is almost exclusively Democrat list. Hopefully, the GOP won't be so condescending.

Forum List

Back