CIA Concludes Russia Interfered In Election To Help Trump Win

The CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just toundermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, according to officials briefed on the matter.

Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances.

“It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected,” said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. “That’s the consensus view.”

Much more...

REPORT: CIA Concludes Russia Interfered In Election To Help Trump Win

Obama Demands Answers

More proof that Hillary was swiftboated. Her popular vote lead is now over 2.8 million. Trump was not fairly elected.
You don't have proof, only a freak'n newspaper.
Show me where I'm obligated to believe this crap.

You're under no obligation. Just continue believing your fake news sources. I am sooo thankful for my open-minded upbringing and education.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
The CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just toundermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, according to officials briefed on the matter.

Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances.

“It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected,” said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. “That’s the consensus view.”

Much more...

Obama Demands Answers

More proof that Hillary was swiftboated. Her popular vote lead is now over 2.8 million. Trump was not fairly elected.

You're under no obligation. Just continue believing your fake news sources.

You talk about fake news, and use the Washington Post as your reference?

Ahhh, irony, I knew thee well.

Much more...

Obama Demands Answers

you lost ..stfu buttercup

Much more...

Obama Demands Answers

You're under no obligation. Just continue believing your fake news sources. I am sooo thankful for my open-minded upbringing and education.
Which is totally irrelevant.

920x920.jpg

...:lmao:

You lost grow a pair and live with it.
Come on Sgt. People like us served in the military to protect the United States from foreign aggression. Hacking our political system is an act of war. You can't possibly deny that. Whether it helped Trump or not, it's a blow to our country's political process. Forget who won. This is an act of aggression that can't be tolerated.

They may have targeted Democrats this time, but what if they target Republicans next time?

When you have about all of our intelligence agencies telling President Elect Donald Trump that Russians hacked our political system and he comes out of these briefings saying he doesn't believe it, it's really scary. These agents aren't Obama's agents, they are US Intelligence agents. No one can possibly believe that Trump knows more than the generals because he reads Breitbart. I'm sure you don't either, regardless of whether you like him or not.

And what will they do next?

This isn't just about Russian domination, it's about Russian economics. Russia is under a lot of sanctions for invasion and doing the kinds of things they did in our election in other countries. Getting sympathy for Russia from someone like a US President is very, very dangerous. Over the long run, giving them even more money for further mischief.

I know you know this. Forget the partisan nonsense. What is Russia doing and why? What do you think?

Much more...

Obama Demands Answers

All 7 years of it, right?

Much more...

Obama Demands Answers

Oh, that's funny......

You should ask for your money back.

Come on Sgt. People like us served in the military to protect the United States from foreign aggression. Hacking our political system is an act of war. You can't possibly deny that. Whether it helped Trump or not, it's a blow to our country's political process. Forget who won. This is an act of aggression that can't be tolerated.

They may have targeted Democrats this time, but what if they target Republicans next time?

When you have about all of our intelligence agencies telling President Elect Donald Trump that Russians hacked our political system and he comes out of these briefings saying he doesn't believe it, it's really scary. These agents aren't Obama's agents, they are US Intelligence agents. No one can possibly believe that Trump knows more than the generals because he reads Breitbart. I'm sure you don't either, regardless of whether you like him or not.

This isn't just about Russian domination, it's about Russian economics. Russia is under a lot of sanctions for invasion and doing the kinds of things they did in our election in other countries. Getting sympathy for Russia from someone like a US President is very, very dangerous. Over the long run, giving them even more money for further mischief.

I know you know this. Forget the partisan nonsense. What is Russia doing and why? What do you think?
LOL, Ya you were really into hillary coming clean on her "many" scandals.

What scandals? You mean the ones NaziCons conjured up?

Sigh.

When you have investigations by the CIA, the FBI and dozens of congressional investigations costing tens of millions of dollars in taxpayer money and no charges or convictions over 30 years, the scandal is all the failed investigations. Even Trump says no more investigations. If they haven't found anything by now, then what is there to find?

Now, about the Trump Foundation..............

NY Attorney General sends Trump Foundation cease and desist letter

Are these right wingers really so ignorant, they don't see Russia as a threat to this country?

Really? Are they that stupid?

Granny thinks the Russkies threw the `lection...
icon_grandma.gif

CIA says Russia intervened to help Trump win White House: Washington Post
December 9, 2016 WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The CIA has concluded that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help President-elect Donald Trump win the White House, and not just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, the Washington Post reported on Friday.
Citing U.S. officials briefed on the matter, the Post said intelligence agencies had identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including the chairman of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, to WikiLeaks. The officials described the individuals as people known to the intelligence community who were part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and reduce Clinton's chances of winning the election. "It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected," the Post quoted a senior U.S. official as saying. "That's the consensus view."

2016-12-10T030510Z_1007000002_LYNXMPECB902P_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-USA-ELECTION-CYBER-RUSSIA.JPG.cf.jpg

Julian Assange, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of WikiLeaks speaks via video link during a press conference on the occasion of the ten year anniversary celebration of WikiLeaks in Berlin​

The Post said the official had been briefed on an intelligence presentation made by the Central Intelligence Agency to key U.S. senators behind closed-doors last week. The CIA, in what the Post said was a secret assessment, cited a growing body of evidence from multiple sources. Briefers told the senators it was now "quite clear" that electing Trump was Russia's goal, the Post quoted officials as saying on condition of anonymity. In October, the U.S. government formally accused Russia of a campaign of cyber attacks against Democratic Party organizations ahead of the Nov. 8 presidential election.

a46549755c0748a5af54d0a768fc1e15.jpg

In this Dec. 1, 2008, file photo, then-President-elect Barack Obama, left, stands with then-Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., after announcing that she is his choice as Secretary of State during a news conference in Chicago. President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton campaign together next week for the first time this year, and their decision to meet up in Charlotte says a lot about how her campaign views her path to replace him in the White House. North Carolina is a prime spot for the party to expand into Republican territory against Donald Trump and build upon one of Obama's biggest triumphs in 2008.​

President Barack Obama has said he warned Russian President Vladimir Putin about consequences for the attacks. But Russian officials have denied all accusations of interference in the U.S. election. A CIA spokeswoman said the agency had no comment on the report. Trump has said he is not convinced Russia was behind the cyber attacks. His transition team issued a statement on "claims of foreign interference in U.S. elections" on Friday but did not directly address the issue. The hacked emails passed to WikiLeaks were a regular source of embarrassment to the Clinton campaign during the race for the presidency.

a687b9548db4451d8ff06d974f287220.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin, back, leads a meeting with officials in Moscow, Russia, Friday, July 8, 2016. The meeting focused on Russia's arms trade and its military ties with other nations.​

The CIA presentation fell short of a formal U.S. assessment by all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies, the Post said. A senior U.S. official said there remained minor disagreements among intelligence officials about the assessment because some questions are unanswered, it said. Intelligence agencies did not have specific intelligence showing the Kremlin directed the individuals to pass the hacked emails to WikiLeaks, another senior official told the Post. The actors were "one step" removed from the Russian government rather than government employees, the official said. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said in a television interview that the Russian government was not the source of the emails, the Post said.

CIA says Russia intervened to help Trump win White House: Washington Post

See also:

Obama orders review into 'Russian hacking' before US election
Sat, 10 Dec 2016 - President Barack Obama orders a review of cyber-attacks, blamed on Russia, that shook the US election.
The hacks targeted emails at the Democratic Party and a key aide to presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. In October, US government officials pointed the finger at Russia, accusing it of meddling in the US vote. According to a secret CIA assessment reported by the Washington Post, Russia intervened to help Donald Trump win. The allegation was flatly dismissed by the transition team for Mr Trump, who will succeed Mr Obama in the White House next month. Russian officials have denied the hacking accusations.

'Sending a message' - BBC White House reporter Tara McKelvey

The "full review", as Lisa Monaco, Mr Obama's top counterterrorism adviser, described it during a breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor, sounds impressive. It'll look at Russian efforts to sway the US presidential election. In fact, the report is likely to rely largely on work that FBI investigators and others have already done on the subject. It's also unclear which parts of the report, if any, will be shown to the public. In some ways, her announcement about the report - made only a few weeks before she and her colleagues leave office - seems to be part of an effort to burnish their legacy. Several days ago a counterterrorism report was released that was a compilation of previous legal and policy work by Obama administration officials - with few revelations.

_92910742_ballot_976ap.jpg

The report on Russian hacking - like the recent one on counterterrorism - is likely to act more as a way to showcase the Obama administration's efforts, sending a message to the incoming administration about what they believe is important, rather than as a way to provide new information to the public. Democrats were enraged when hackers breached email accounts of the Democratic National Committee and Mrs Clinton's campaign chairman, John Podesta. State voter registration databases in Illinois and Arizona were also breached. The Podesta emails were revealed by Wikileaks and posted online.

MORE

The OP is an admitted paid poster.

Which of the facts he presented do you think are wrong? You think the CIA didn't conclude that? or that Intelligence agencies didn't identify individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Or that those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances?

Tell me Sgt. What do you think? Are the Russians a danger to this country?

Forum List

Back