Church forced to remove the word " Jesus" from Easter advertising

easter is a based in paganism.

ishtareasterbullshitmeme.jpg

Churches are "advertising" now?

Plenty do and for a myriad of reasons. Services, hours, festivals, fish frys, etc...

I am going to a fish fry tonight with my parents. I want some homemade pierogies.
At a Fish Fry?
That's as bad as up here serving coleslaw at spaghetti suppers.

This region has a very large Eastern European heritage. You can’t swing a wiffle ball bat without hitting a Polish Catholic.

Plenty do and for a myriad of reasons. Services, hours, festivals, fish frys, etc...

I am going to a fish fry tonight with my parents. I want some homemade pierogies.

Homemade pierogies are da bomb.

The point was that "advertising" means you're selling something. Specifically you're trying to persuade people to buy something they don't need. (If they need it, it doesn't need advertising). It's a revealing choice of gerund.

Either a Freudian slip, or perhaps somebody's been following the Rump Fraud University playbook: "You don't sell products, benefits or solution --- you sell feelings".
I've not had "perogies"....what are they? And what are the ingredients?

At a Fish Fry?

This region has a very large Eastern European heritage. You can’t swing a wiffle ball bat without hitting a Polish Catholic.
Sounds like Buffalo.

The point was that "advertising" means you're selling something. Specifically you're trying to persuade people to buy something they don't need. (If they need it, it doesn't need advertising). It's a revealing choice of gerund.

Either a Freudian slip, or perhaps somebody's been following the Rump Fraud University playbook: "You don't sell products, benefits or solution --- you sell feelings".

Okay Pogo does this mean get rid of all Political Advertising, too?
I think you have a great point there, do we need politicians telling us what we need?
Are any selling real solutions or just themselves?

Jesus and Buddha shared Truth and Wisdom for FREE.
Anyone is FREE to read the laws in the Bible and Constitution and
enforce them directly instead of waiting on Govt to tell us what rights we have and don't have.
They are already written and just require enforcement by the people to be social contracts
where consent of the governed is the basis of law and governance.

Isn't it the business of political parties to take what is already FREE
(ie freedom of choice and natural rights) and sell them back for profit?

Hmmm Pogo this advertising angle, maybe you are on to something here!

Let's not overthink it. I'm simply noting the fact that if an entity is advertising something, it means they're selling something. Which considering it's a church, is remarkably candid. Probably more than the writer intended.

shoot-foot.gif

At a Fish Fry?

Kugel rocks! I envy you.

cook small potato in microwave until done

remove peel

mash it up real real real real real real good until all lumps are gone

put 1/2 teaspoon vanilla ** optional **

measure 1/2 cup of the potato and put in bowl

start adding powdered sugar - will need about a box

will be hard to mix then will get real liquidy keep adding sugar until you get a dough

lay out wax paper on counter

sprinkle wax paper with powdered sugar

lay out roll of dough then roll out to a rectangle

put more sugar

spread peanut butter all over roll out

roll up and refrigerate

slice up

chill for a day

eat

DSC_01221.jpg

Delicious folded dumpling, can include cheeses, veggies, whatever one likes.

330px-04565_Christmas_dumplings_with_dried_plums.JPG

One time many years ago a co-worker who happened to be from Poland brought me a whole bucket full of homemade pierogi for my birthday. I loved 'em ever since.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I think you have a great point there, do we need politicians telling us what we need?

enforce them directly instead of waiting on Govt to tell us what rights we have and don't have.
They are already written and just require enforcement by the people to be social contracts

Let's not overthink it. I'm simply noting the fact that if an entity is advertising something, it means they're selling something. Which considering it's a church, is remarkably candid. Probably more than the writer intended.

shoot-foot.gif
upload_2018-3-16_13-8-38.jpeg

I was scandalized the first time I saw one of these, but I guess in NYC you gotta compete.

Church Forced to Remove the Word ‘Jesus’ From Easter Advertising

A church has been forced to remove the word ‘Jesus’ from its signs ahead of Easter because it has been causing offence.

Nope there's no attack on Christians world wide, and the pathetic losers who bend over and obey " the removal of it" , you are the weak ,........ Exactly the same in American bend over and obey you are weak.
According to your article, they changed it from Jesus to Christ. This is another one of those stellar articles including almost no facts.
Compliments once again on a bullshit thread.

Wow Thanks OldLady
These do mean different things.

I prefer to teach that Christ Jesus means Restorative Justice,
and including the Holy Spirit means Peace and Justice
or Justice with Mercy.

Salvation is one of the names, but
Equal Justice Under Law is how I would translate "Jesus is Lord"
into secular terms that even atheists, humanists, feminists or other nonchristians
can understand as universal and including ALL people.

Jesus as Justice is subject to human bias and gets us in trouble.
People are going to fight over biased calls for Justice that
appear to be for one group only and saying others are on the wrong side.

True Justice that is universal and lasting applies and includes EVERYONE.

Uniting in Christ to me means uniting by Conscience.
Christianity means Charity.
And being Christian is being Conscionable
while being unchristian refers to behavior that is unconscionable.

I use the term nonchristian to mean "not of that culture"
but someone nonchristian can still be of the same faith, just not relate to the cultural practices
or expressions.

I use the term nontheist to refer to secular thinkers or terms
that are neutral, so this isn't necessary against God Jesus the Bible or Christianity
but recognizes secular gentiles are under natural laws and "nontheist" approaches.
Jesus still governs those as a separate fold of the same flock.

One time many years ago a co-worker who happened to be from Poland brought me a whole bucket full of homemade pierogi for my birthday. I loved 'em ever since.
Looks good....interesting how so many cultures have something similar to that.

Looks good....interesting how so many cultures have something similar to that.

italy has ravioli

china & japan have dumplings/pot stickers

Wasn't it a Shopping Center in Australia that made the call? In the US, a politician would never get away with forcing that change on a Church.

Look what they did with their gun problem.

Forum List

Back