Christmas Weather - What's yours going to be like..?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
66 - we have not had any really cold days here yet in this part of Virginia/DC area.....

safe_image.php

GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN. LET NOTHING YOU DISMAY----
remember Christmas happens ever year ----
nor should you fear .....
The angels on high plan colder days....
TO bring you good cheer, NEXT YEAR

66 - we have not had any really cold days here yet in this part of Virginia/DC area.....

safe_image.php

Warm and rainy is our forecast as of now.

I like to see snow the first of December through Jan 2. After that, I could care less about seing snow.

I am torn between having snow and excessive rain to where it is always unusually muddy, sidewalks are covered in water and the lawn is burried under 2 inches of rain water. I think I would rather have the snow.

Shadow 355

safe_image.php

The last time we had a warm winter liker this though - 2010, 2011 or 2012 ; we had a scorcher of a summer. Many weeks averaging over 100+ degrees.

I hope the tradition does not hold true.

I like about 5 weeks of good solid cold weather to kill the insects. I hate walking thorugh the woods camping and running through a million spider webs - ants eating me up - flys are monotonous and those flying bloodsuckers.....mosquitos will not let me eat a meal in peace.

Shadow 355

Anything but WIND if I'm outside.
Can't stand when it's cold and windy.

I'd prefer snow over rain also. I actually ENJOY shoveling!

safe_image.php

The last time we had a warm winter liker this though - 2010, 2011 or 2012 ; we had a scorcher of a summer. Many weeks averaging over 100+ degrees.

I hope the tradition does not hold true.

I like about 5 weeks of good solid cold weather to kill the insects. I hate walking thorugh the woods camping and running through a million spider webs - ants eating me up - flys are monotonous and those flying bloodsuckers.....mosquitos will not let me eat a meal in peace.

Shadow 355

I can't stand bugs at all - it's the only think I hate about the warm weather. It's spider central here too, it gets so bad in Aug/September our bushes are covered with webs - it looks like Halloween decorations!

Yep - I hate the wind ( anything over 10 MPH ) too when it is cold. It is hard to hide from when you are hunting. It also adds to heat loss. Wind burn on the face and cheeks can be painful.

Shadow 355

safe_image.php

Warm and rainy is our forecast as of now.

I like to see snow the first of December through Jan 2. After that, I could care less about seing snow.

I am torn between having snow and excessive rain to where it is always unusually muddy, sidewalks are covered in water and the lawn is burried under 2 inches of rain water. I think I would rather have the snow.

Shadow 355

warm rain is ok------it is FREEZING RAIN that I despise

Yep - I hate the wind ( anything over 10 MPH ) too when it is cold. It is hard to hide from when you are hunting. It also adds to heat loss. Wind burn on the face and cheeks can be painful.

Shadow 355

damn-------HUNTING??? how do you think the deer and ducks feel about it

Shadow 355

I don't get mad that easily, but I get very mad when I'm out in the cold wind. My biggest weather "hate"!

64 and rainy for Christmas. I think the coldest it has been this winter was the mid 40's.

It's supposed to be around 60. Very unusual weather this winter in the northeast. I hear it's because of the El Nino weather pattern. I'm not complaining. I could deal with winters like this all the time. ;)

They're talking 70 degrees here in NY.

Maybe this Global Warming thing s finally starting to kick in.

Forum List

Back