Christmas dinner sticker shock.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
I was seriously considering cooking a goose for Christmas dinner until I checked the prices. A 10-pound frozen free-range goose, $135.00.

Maybe I'll go with duck, only $6/lb.

I was seriously considering cooking a goose for Christmas dinner until I checked the prices. A 10-pound frozen free-range goose, $135.00.

Turkey. 0.99 a pound

You need a way-back machine to 1899.

364b3df14c5a7225cbec9a623151c31c.jpg

OIP.qOy9ileCMP4MFVczCS40jgHaFd

Last edited:

How much would it have been if it wasn't one of those that laid golden eggs?

I had my sticker shock today.
My two kids are coming for Christmas this Thursday. I am going to make Beef Bourguignon.
Buying a three pound chuck roast..... again for emphasis... CHUCK ROAST... $36. Holy mother of God... seriously...$12/lb. for chuck roast.
Yeah... inflation is low they say....

My two kids are coming for Christmas this Thursday. I am going to make Beef Bourguignon.
Buying a three pound chuck roast..... again for emphasis... CHUCK ROAST... $36. Holy mother of God... seriously...$12/lb. for chuck roast.
I think you could have got by with half that. It's around $7.00 a pound in my AO.....Just bought one (2.5#) to cut-up and make veg-beef soup this past friday.

Where did you pay $12/lb for chuck roast? Sounds like bullshit to me. Kinda like that $100 turkey at Thanksgiving. Total MAGA bullshit.

Where did you pay $12/lb for chuck roast? Sounds like bullshit to me. Kinda like that $100 turkey at Thanksgiving. Total MAGA bullshit.
Still, who ever thought a damn chuck roast would be near $7.00 a pound? Oddly enough it was still cheaper than a like amount of stew meat.

LOL.....I used to buy a couple pounds of ribeye for the same task but at $15.00 a pound, no fuckin' way.

Still, who ever thought a damn chuck roast would be near $7.00 a pound? Oddly enough it was still cheaper than a like amount of stew meat.

LOL.....I used to buy a couple pounds of ribeye for the same task but at $15.00 a pound, no fuckin' way.
Ranchers reduced their production. Nothing the government did to cause it.

I only had goose once and I didn't have to pay for it. It was delicious

Forum List

Back