Christian baker not backing down after Gov't punishes him for refusing to make gay wedding cake

it's amazing you keep thinking you are in the majority on this. The current trend of more freedom for lawful gun owners gives lie to your statement, like tons of your other statements.

except that the majority favors tighter gun control.

The NRA is very good at bullying people into submission, but bullies only get so far in life.

One more horrific mass shooting, and you guys are done.

it's amazing you keep thinking you are in the majority on this. The current trend of more freedom for lawful gun owners gives lie to your statement, like tons of your other statements.

The NRA is very good at bullying people into submission, but bullies only get so far in life.

Links? And you know surveys on such soft questions as "do you think there should be gun control" are notoriously unreliable.

Considering bad guys are now using vans and cars to do their damage i guess you are going to want to ban those too.....

Links? And you know surveys on such soft questions as "do you think there should be gun control" are notoriously unreliable.

Considering bad guys are now using vans and cars to do their damage i guess you are going to want to ban those too.....

Meh, not really, but do keep trying to change the subject.

Most sensible people are getting tired of sharing their streets with gun-weilding madmen.

Most sensible people are getting tired of sharing their streets with gun-weilding madmen.

figures you wouldn't link anything, you hack.

/---- Stop lying. Pew Research proves you gun grabbers are losing the debate.
Public Views About Guns
The Pew Research Center has tracked shifting public attitudes about guns over the past 20 years. Explore our polling data below to public opinion on guns across demographic groups and read the latest report on these findings.
August 2016
gun rights.jpg

Last edited:

/---- You honestly think taking guns away from law abiding people will make madmen OBEY the law? Seriously?? Are you that obtuse?
obtuse.jpg

If he is a public baker, he will shut up and bake the cake.
They could simply alter the recipe so that the fags don't want their cake.
They could, and the customers can go to court and go to regulators with complaints and go online.
That will get them nowhere. It's not illegal to bake a cake that tastes like crap.
Of course not, but they can certainly hurt the shop in the reputation ass, you betcha wink wink.

Stop lying. Pew Research proves you gun grabbers are losing the debate.

Pew also said Hillary would win.

Okay, let's look at some real polls.

Most Americans think we need more strict background checks.

Guns

A majority favors a ban on assault weapons.

76% support a gun ban on people on the No Fly List.
/---- So any poll that doesn't carry Libs water isn't a real poll? Wow you got tough standards. Now about the so called "assault weapons" did you know there is no official government or indusrty classification of an assault weapon? Did yo know that is just a made up scary sounding term used by Gun Grabbing Libtards such as yourself to demonize guns?
It is important to understand what an assault weapon isn't. The terms "assault weapon" and "assault rifle" are often confused. According to Bruce H. Kobayashi and Joseph E. Olson, writing in the Stanford Law and Policy Review: Prior to 1989, the term "assault weapon" did not exist in the lexicon of firearms. It is a political term, developed by anti-gun publicists to expand the category of "assault rifles."

Here is a website that explains it in simple enough terms so you can follw along: The Truth About Assault Weapons
ar15_1.jpg

So any poll that doesn't carry Libs water isn't a real poll? Wow you got tough standards. Now about the so called "assault weapons" did you know there is no official government or indusrty classification of an assault weapon?

Actually, the Assault Weapons ban they let expire had a pretty good definition.. and we had a whole slew of mass shootings after it expired in 2002.

Here's a good rule of thumb. If it was designed for a soldier, no civilian has any business owning it.

Amid the religious liberty cases increasingly heading to the courts, there’s one prominent legal battle that could potentially have some sweeping ramifications: Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission. It’s a case that surrounds baker Jack Phillips and his Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colorado. Phillips, much like Oregon bakers Aaron and Melissa Klein and numerous other wedding venders across the U.S.,

Christian Baker Not Backing Down After Gov’t Punishes Him for Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Cake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well good for them standing their grounds on their beliefs..................
Go to another cake maker who doesn't give a rats ass would have been much simpler.
If I were to believe as they do because it was against my religion to do so I'd do the same dam thing I sure in the hell wouldn't cower down to some BS LAWS where just because some moron made it a law etc doesn't mean it is a fair nor right law.

1. Why is it always just Christian bakers and not Jewish or Muslim? That alone is discriminatory. I'll tell you why it's just Christian baker's. If it was a Jew they'd scream "That's anti Semitic" so the left won't touch it. If it was Muslims they'd scream "that's Islamaphobic" so the left won't touch them either even though both should have problems with gays and their faith as much as Christians. Christians should come up with a word so we can scream too,something like "that's anti ecclesiastical"

2. A group who supports straight marriage should have a gay baker make them a cake they wouldn't agree with as a matter of principle. You know something that says Straight Pride or Marriage is between a man and a woman or maybe even the scripture Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Lets see how that goes J/S

1. Why is it always just Christian bakers and not Jewish or Muslim? That alone is discriminatory. I'll tell you why it's just Christian baker's. If it was a Jew they'd scream "That's anti Semitic" so the left won't touch it. If it was Muslims they'd scream "that's Islamaphobic" so the left won't touch them either even though both should have problems with gays and their faith as much as Christians. Christians should come up with a word so we can scream too,something like "that's anti ecclesiastical"

Mostly, because Christians are in the majority in this country and they can't be discriminated against. I also doubt any Islamic baker would buy himself any trouble by pissing off the community when they already have so many people ready to beat on them for shits and grins.

2. A group who supports straight marriage should have a gay baker make them a cake they wouldn't agree with as a matter of principle. You know something that says Straight Pride or Marriage is between a man and a woman or maybe even the scripture Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Lets see how that goes J/S

NOt the same thing. If they wouldn't do that service for anyone, it's because it's not a service they offer.

Gays were merely asking for the same service everyone else recieved.

Mostly, because Christians are in the majority in this country and they can't be discriminated against. I also doubt any Islamic baker would buy himself any trouble by pissing off the community when they already have so many people ready to beat on them for shits and grins.

NOt the same thing. If they wouldn't do that service for anyone, it's because it's not a service they offer.

Gays were merely asking for the same service everyone else recieved.
Well the christian bakers don't do that service so how is it different?

Well the christian bakers don't do that service so how is it different?

Okay, let me talk you through this.

"Hi, I sell wedding cakes!"

"What a coincidence, we need a wedding cake!"

"But...but...you're two dudes"

"Um, yeah, so?"

See. Not a problem.

Meanwhile

"Hey, we'd like to buy a cake with an obnoxious message on it."

"I don't sell cakes with obnoxious messages."

"Oh, sorry."

See how that works?

I've wondered the same thing...are Muslim and Jewish establishments, private business or religious institutions, being targeted? (and yes, targeted is the correct word ;))

I also wonder if those who defended the violence and shutting down of free speech on the campus of a public university by declaring that Coulter could always use another venue would apply the same principle to a private business. There are other places to buy a cake, no doubt.

Forum List

Back