Chris Hahn owning Stuart Varney on Foodstamps

The republican response to facts: those facts have no effect on my preconcieved beliefs.

Republicans won't question the facts they will question others explanation of the facts. The chart seems to be clear cut.

Then, why not put everyone on food stamps, if the economic efficacy is superior?

I forget the debating term where one is losing and pushes points to the point to absurdity.
But that is where you are.

frankly this is, to me not very deep. You are taking money from one source, the productive sector and giving it to another to buy sustenance.

The transaction on this level does not create anything more. If this did not make sense then we would not bother following closely sales % by quarter, the consumer price index, goods consumed, GDP etc etc...this is a consumer society, people living had to mouth don't consume as much as folks with disposable income.

IF someone is making as much or more on unemployment then they may have an urge not to seek employment as hard nor at that income level do they pay net taxes, other than sales tax, property tax if they own a home etc.

Thats why unemployment it is temporary.

they are out of work and not productive for that time period...seriously, you don't see that point?

And I AM NOT making a class argument or hey they're lazy etc. far from it. I believe in a safety net, I was laid of in April 09, I thankfully find a job but used unemployment to help pay my nut....

If 2.4 million people saw their jobs go to China in 8 years, from 2001-2008, what does that say if 8 million people were forced on food stamps in less than 2 years, 2009-2010?

Are we on the way back?

Then, why not put everyone on food stamps, if the economic efficacy is superior?

I forget the debating term where one is losing and pushes points to the point to absurdity.
But that is where you are.

I think it's absurd that 8 million more people who were not on food stamps as of 1/20/2009 are on food stamps now.

Savings do run out. Besides to qualify for food stamps you are not allowed to make but about $10/hr for 2 people, any more income and no foodstamps.
2 people sure can live nice on $10/hr.

How is eliminating the need to work a productive policy?

good question, but I am unsure of your angle on this?

My angle is the same one I've always had. Rob people of the incentive and dignity of producing value through their own hard work and you destroy production in society.

If we want self government with our lives, we need to start by being productive with our work. And I am not just saying having a job. I mean we need to use our time to produce things of value. Garden. Build. Construct. Invent. Innovate. Write. Draw. Paint. Produce.

Foodstamps do nothing for that. We need to start serving one another through our labor. Not just subsisting in life.

If 2.4 million people saw their jobs go to China in 8 years, from 2001-2008, what does that say if 8 million people were forced on food stamps in less than 2 years, 2009-2010?

Are we on the way back?

Way back? we have not even seen the bottom yet.
And we are not going all the way back either.
Downscale your living standard.

Are we on the way back?

Bullshit.

March the anti-growth regime off into the sunset.

How is eliminating the need to work a productive policy?

good question, but I am unsure of your angle on this?

My angle is the same one I've always had. Rob people of the incentive and dignity of producing value through their own hard work and you destroy production in society.

If we want self government with our lives, we need to start by being productive with our work. And I am not just saying having a job. I mean we need to use our time to produce things of value. Garden. Build. Construct. Invent. Innovate. Write. Draw. Paint. Produce.

Foodstamps do nothing for that. We need to start serving one another through our labor. Not just subsisting in life.

I can agree with all of that.
We are too much of a lazy spoiled society though. We will need to go thru some hard times before we can be "rehabilitated".

Are we on the way back?

Bullshit.

I am speaking of the people not the corporations.
Gas going to $4/gal makes for growth, makes productivity figures jump up, etc but hurts the people buying it.

I can agree with all of that.
We are too much of a lazy spoiled society though. We will need to go thru some hard times before we can be "rehabilitated".

I think it would be wise for as many people as they can to humble thmeselves before we are humbled by events.

Whether by choice, or by force, we need to stop being so proud. Or we will be destroyed.

Bullshit.

I am speaking of the people not the corporations.
Gas going to $4/gal makes for growth, makes productivity figures jump up, etc but hurts the people buying it.

Really? What is the "right price" for gas? What is the "right price" for housing?

Who the hell thinks they game energy prices without disrupting something else?

Forum List

Back