Chris Christie Tied for Second in Latest Rasmussen Poll

Trump currently beats Biden with Independents/undecideds.

From CNN today...

View attachment 827213

"But in our latest poll, Trump leads Biden by 7 points among the 29% of voters who view neither of them favorably. Significantly, a large chunk of this group (21%) said they either won’t vote or will vote for someone else in a Trump-Biden matchup.

Now a 7-point margin isn’t big enough to be too demonstrative; it’s within the margin of error. But recent polls from Quinnipiac University and The New York Times/Siena College also examined similar groups – those who liked neither man or those who disliked both. Both polls found Trump with a single-digit advantage and a lot of voters who said they wouldn’t vote for either likely major-party nominee.

Putting it all together, there’s a clear signal here: A lot of people who don’t like Biden are judging him against the alternative, whom they also don’t like, and deciding that the alternative (Trump) doesn’t sound as bad."

Reread this. The conclusion does not support the reasoning. Indies think Trump is horrible.

It's only 9%, and Trump is almost certainly going to win this thing, but Chris Christie represents the NeverTrumpers who will never vote for Trump. And if 1 in 11 Republicans will not vote for Trump, that's a pretty big hill to climb for MAGA.

Another good sign in the macro. The slow-rolling of the impeachment, the massive legislative pieces Biden was able to pass with the GOP House/Filibuster happy Senate, Christie not getting his doors blown off, the indictments and folks flipping on him.

I think the GOP is trying to turn the page. I wonder if Trump will get Bernied?

200w.gif
what a concept!

Another good sign in the macro. The slow-rolling of the impeachment, the massive legislative pieces Biden was able to pass with the GOP House/Filibuster happy Senate, Christie not getting his doors blown off, the indictments and folks flipping on him.

I think the GOP is trying to turn the page. I wonder if Trump will get Bernied?

200w.gif
what a concept!
Christie is simply positioning himself for the post Trump found guilty era. Although his combative nature really isnt suited for being President IMO.

It's only 9%, and Trump is almost certainly going to win this thing, but Chris Christie represents the NeverTrumpers who will never vote for Trump. And if 1 in 11 Republicans will not vote for Trump, that's a pretty big hill to climb for MAGA.

Wait, doesnt trump rep fast food restaurants. Or are you pretending Trump isnt also obese?
Christie is a health crisis on wheels...looks like a stroke candidate...Sure Trump would be smart to lose weight also...but there's no comparison here. What gets me is that both of them could easily afford to eat healthy but apparently choose not to.

Christie is a health crisis on wheels...looks like a stroke candidate...Sure Trump would be smart to lose weight also...but there's no comparison here. What gets me is that both of them could easily afford to eat healthy but apparently choose not to.
Yet one grown man fat guy is making fun of another fat guy. And you cheer this type of Presidential demeanor.

Yet one grown man fat guy is making fun of another fat guy. And you cheer this type of Presidential demeanor.
What they do to each other is their business. I'm more concerned with what they will do for the economy and the dollar's purchasing power. Christie has demonstrated exactly zero knowledge of economics. Trump's knowledge may be limited to capitalism...but I'll take that over Marxism any day.

What they do to each other is their business. I'm more concerned with what they will do for the economy and the dollar's purchasing power. Christie has demonstrated exactly zero knowledge of economics. Trump's knowledge may be limited to capitalism...but I'll take that over Marxism any day.
What is Marxism? And what kind of economics knowledge has trump demonstrated?

What is Marxism? And what kind of economics knowledge has trump demonstrated?
Trump is pretty much a pure capitalist... Some of it works... Some of it doesn't.
It's far from perfect of course
but he's a one trick pony and I can tolerate him because at least he's consistent....even if he is obnoxious.

The current Administration is redistributionist. They are constantly swinging back and forth between giving out and then needing to take more in. The system sees itself as humane but is really nothing more than a wrachet wrench spinning into deeper debt as time goes by. So they become capitalists ( like NYC mayor is now) when redistribution breaks the bank. Then they go back to square one and begin again.

Truth is we probably need some of both. I prefer to let capitalism lead and Marxism follow.

Jo

Being tied for last place is hardly a good position to be in.
As they say,2nd place is the first loser.

Nah. He'll get that in minority votes, easily--and in people who have never voted before, who are burned by Bidenflation.

This is why, though I have anonymously donated to the site in the past (more than once or twice), I cannot be a supporting member at this time. The MODS support this. Not Trump, Christie, or whatever candidate. That's within every American's right.

Jailing people for "parading" through the Capitol Bldg. I mean for years and years and years. The moderators here support that betrayal of justice. Here.

I cannot and will not support that with my $$.

Forum List

Back