Chinese students should be banned from American colleges and universities.

It's the least we can do. After all, high-ranked academic Chinese students are by default recruited to the CCP (it's not like you can refuse) and are on call 24/7 to spy at their government's request.

“The Chinese Communist Party must be held accountable for the damages they have caused the world as a result of their gross negligence, conduct ― and I might even argue that it was criminally negligent conduct,” Messner said during a virtual town hall he hosted Thursday.

GOP Senate Candidate Wants To Ban Chinese Students From U.S. Universities
They pay premium prices to attend. Do you want to cut off that revenue stream for the university?

It's the least we can do. After all, high-ranked academic Chinese students are by default recruited to the CCP (it's not like you can refuse) and are on call 24/7 to spy at their government's request.

“The Chinese Communist Party must be held accountable for the damages they have caused the world as a result of their gross negligence, conduct ― and I might even argue that it was criminally negligent conduct,” Messner said during a virtual town hall he hosted Thursday.

They pay premium prices to attend. Do you want to cut off that revenue stream for the university?

Not my problem.

If the U.S. were a healthy, reasonably democratic capitalist society, its superiority compared to “communist” (actually: authoritarian state capitalist) China would be self evident. The tens of thousands of students from mainland China studying here, exposed to a not merely richer but fairer and more appealing society, would return to China determined to fight for democatic rights there.

Actually, that used to happen far more than it happens today. In China today that struggle is not open but is absolutely real. At present our own failures as a society, our absurd internal divisions, and our own ruling elites’ obvious greed, lower our system’s moral authority. Many U.S. politicians’ inaccurate, partisan & hostile view of everyday life in mainland China, our country’s unfair and aggressive foreign policies towards even our ostensible “allies,” also lower the appeal of American style government to thoughtful Chinese students.

Chinese mainland students here are hardly all the same. They never have been. If today they tend to see their own one party system as more competent and “meritocratic” despite its obvious authoritarianism, if they see their leaders as more rational and far-sighted than ours, whose fault is that?

Last edited:

Not my problem.
You don't really have a position here. You just wanted to drop some ill-conceived generalities, and now you're unable to support a position you never really intended to.

Not my problem.
You don't really have a position here. You just wanted to drop some ill-conceived generalities, and now you're unable to support a position you never really intended to.

Au contraire, my position is crystalline. We merely disagree.

Not my problem.
Yeah, that anti education thing you kids push. My bad.

Not my problem.

Can you articulate it?

...Childhood political indoctrination is difficult to beat. ...
What indoctrination has any student told you about?

My wife taught in the system for years. I also kept up with what my own students (martial arts) were learning in school, asking questions and perusing their texts.
So, your real answer is "nothing."

Did your wife tell you that she was specifically ordered to "indoctrinate" anyone?

Don't embarrass yourself by trying to pass off some 'Kiddie Karate' class as providing insight into k-12 or college education.

Just admit you've been talking shit and don't really know anything that supports your generalizations.

Not my problem.

Your position that all students from China should be banned from study in the US because of something about them that you have no knowledge of or experience with?

Not my problem.
Yeah, that anti education thing you kids push. My bad.

What you and I consider education surely differs.

Not my problem.

Can you articulate it?
[/QUOTE]

I have since I came to post here. Where have you been?

Not my problem.

Your position that all students from China should be banned from study in the US because of something about them that you have no knowledge of or experience with?

Now you're being silly.

My wife taught in the system for years. I also kept up with what my own students (martial arts) were learning in school, asking questions and perusing their texts.

Did your wife tell you that she was specifically ordered to "indoctrinate" anyone?

Don't embarrass yourself by trying to pass off some 'Kiddie Karate' class as providing insight into k-12 or college education.

Just admit you've been talking shit and don't really know anything that supports your generalizations.

My stance is caused by observing the product produced. That you see quality where I do not is not my problem.

Not my problem.

Now you're being silly.
If that's not your position, feel free to clarify it.

Not my problem.

Now you're being silly.

It's been clarified often since I came here, and you and I have had this debate before.

I don't care to rechew yesterday's pizza.

My stance is caused by observing the product produced. ....
Meaning you are looking at things superficially and spouting off out of ignorance. Or are you going to claim that conning the parents of little kids at the strip mall out of their hard-earned money has given you some great insight into pedagogy?

Not my problem.

Now you're being silly.

It's been clarified often since I came here...
So you can't. Got it. Everyone reading this sees by now that you are talking out your ass.

Over half the STEM Ph.D.s awarded in this country are from abroad. Most of them want to stay in this country, and Chinese students are a big portion of them.

In a world where high tech is the single most important driver of wealth creation and national defense, the corn-cob pipe smoking, banjo-picking, “poorly educated” Flyover Country deplorables who make up Trump’s base don’t seem to understand that the single most important thing America needs is human capital. And we don’t have enough of it in this country. Banning it is one of the stupidest ideas to come out of the GOP, which is something given the dozens of stupid ideas that come from that party daily.

Forum List

Back