Chinese Dog And Cat Festival Opens: Golden Retrievers, Poodles, Tabbys, Persians--All On The Menu

2adade52eec53072087c390a30a3871d.jpg

Cows don't lead the blind, do police work, and help people in dozens of ways.
Oh yes they can and have, yet dogs are more easily acceptable...

I believe in levels of consciousness. The higher the level....the more evil it is to eat it.

Humans. Elephants. Monkeys. Absolutely not.
Dolphins. Dogs. Horses. No. Short of the apocalypse (or the end result of liberalism like Venezuela) then also no.

Cows. Pigs. Chickens. Fish. Not as bad. Although I don't eat much cow or pig.

Pigs are above dogs in "consciousness" and intellect. But we, as a culture, see dogs as treasured companions and pigs as filthy beasts grown only for food.

There is no evidence that we are correct in our biases.

Once I see seeing eye pigs and police pigs and children going ga-ga over pigs and see therapy pigs in old folks' homes I will agree with your post 100 percent.

Having said that, culture and traditions are what they are and you are absolutely correct saying that our biases are not necessarily more correct than those of others.

That's one thing that really bothers me about some asian cultures. Dogs have been bred to be human companions. Domesticated animals for food do not have the same qualities. The fact that they either don't know or don't care is reprehensible.

Really? If killing a dog or a cat for food is reprehensible, what do you call the fact that 2.7 million dogs and cats are killed every year in the US? They are not eaten. They are thrown on a trash heap.

If you think eating dogs is so horrible, how do you feel about the fact that only 1 in 10 dogs born in the US will have a permanent home?
How do you compare euthenizing dogs and cats for humane reasons with eating them? That makes no sense.

It shows that we, in the US, dispose of dogs and cats at an alarming rate. No use, just remove them from the system. The Chinese are at least eating them. There is a purpose to their death.
I live on a dirt road outside town and townsfolk are always dumping cats and dogs.......

I believe in levels of consciousness. The higher the level....the more evil it is to eat it.

Dolphins. Dogs. Horses. No. Short of the apocalypse (or the end result of liberalism like Venezuela) then also no.

Pigs are above dogs in "consciousness" and intellect. But we, as a culture, see dogs as treasured companions and pigs as filthy beasts grown only for food.

The evidence that eludes you is called reality. Pigs do not have similar personalities. Anyone that thinks a dog is just a random animal that is kept as a pet is a blithering idiot.

Personality? Pigs have plenty of personality. Much of that is due to the way they are treated.
Bullshit. You honestly can't figure out why nobody takes their pig to the pig park? WTF?

Oh please. Now the dog park is evidence of intelligence and personality? But yes, there are people who walk pet pigs on leashes.

I have no problem with you liking dogs. I love them. But I am not so blind as to claim they are sacred while pigs, cows and chickens are simply meat factories on legs.
I never saw anyone walking a pig or a pig park. The fact that you are too fucking stupid to understand why that would be explains your moral equivalency.

Once I see seeing eye pigs and police pigs and children going ga-ga over pigs and see therapy pigs in old folks' homes I will agree with your post 100 percent.

Having said that, culture and traditions are what they are and you are absolutely correct saying that our biases are not necessarily more correct than those of others.

The fact that we do not have seeing eye pigs and police pigs is a cultural issue. Using dogs to sniff out bombs, drugs and other things is great. But a pig as just as trainable and has a better nose.

I am not trying to say negative things about dogs. I have had a dog most of my life.

That's one thing that really bothers me about some asian cultures. Dogs have been bred to be human companions. Domesticated animals for food do not have the same qualities. The fact that they either don't know or don't care is reprehensible.

Really? If killing a dog or a cat for food is reprehensible, what do you call the fact that 2.7 million dogs and cats are killed every year in the US? They are not eaten. They are thrown on a trash heap.

If you think eating dogs is so horrible, how do you feel about the fact that only 1 in 10 dogs born in the US will have a permanent home?
How do you compare euthenizing dogs and cats for humane reasons with eating them? That makes no sense.

It shows that we, in the US, dispose of dogs and cats at an alarming rate. No use, just remove them from the system. The Chinese are at least eating them. There is a purpose to their death.
They raise them for food, idiot.

The evidence that eludes you is called reality. Pigs do not have similar personalities. Anyone that thinks a dog is just a random animal that is kept as a pet is a blithering idiot.

Personality? Pigs have plenty of personality. Much of that is due to the way they are treated.
Bullshit. You honestly can't figure out why nobody takes their pig to the pig park? WTF?

Oh please. Now the dog park is evidence of intelligence and personality? But yes, there are people who walk pet pigs on leashes.

I have no problem with you liking dogs. I love them. But I am not so blind as to claim they are sacred while pigs, cows and chickens are simply meat factories on legs.
I never saw anyone walking a pig or a pig park. The fact that you are too fucking stupid to understand why that would be explains your moral equivalency.

You never saw it so it doesn't happen? lol Okey dokey.

And I love your offering of "evidence". The dog park? And the rest is merely insults. Come back when you have actual facts to use, not just "You are stupid!".

Indeed they do. And then they eat them.

We throw them away like offal.

And I love your offering of "evidence". The dog park? And the rest is merely insults. Come back when you have actual facts to use, not just "You are stupid!".
I didn't say it didn't happen. You are too stupid to even read. Yes, it's an insult because you are insulting ours with your bullshit. My point is obvious, I'll leave it to the others to figure out the mystery that eludes you.

We don't raise them as food so your theory is lacking. They get put down because irresponsibility by humans for the most part and you see no difference? Jesus.

I didn't say it didn't happen. You are too stupid to even read. Yes, it's an insult because you are insulting ours with your bullshit. My point is obvious, I'll leave it to the others to figure out the mystery that eludes you.

Jeez dude, you really are a hostile prick, aren't you?

All you are saying is "We do it this way. If you don't then you are a reprehensible barbarian". Nothing more.

You want to use trips to a dog park to measure intelligence and personality? And you call me stupid?? lmao Ever see a chimpanzee at the dog park? No? They must be stupid animals with no personality, huh?

We don't raise them as food so your theory is lacking. They get put down because irresponsibility by humans for the most part and you see no difference? Jesus.

No, we don't raise them for food. But then, I never said we did. Stick with your Dog Park Intellect argument. It makes more sense.

I would think that most of those are dogs who are put to sleep by their grieving human companions, due to the dogs being sick, too old or otherwise unmanageable. Heaven knows, I have been there several times, myself.

My present dog is from the shelter. He will have a home with me and probably will outlive me.

I would think that most of those are dogs who are put to sleep by their grieving human companions, due to the dogs being sick, too old or otherwise unmanageable. Heaven knows, I have been there several times, myself.

My present dog is from the shelter. He will have a home with me and probably will outlive me.
He's too stupid to talk to.

Ok, but don't overdo it. It's not like all Chinese people eat dog.

In all my years I never thought of euthanizing my terminally ill dogs as "disposing" them. I always looked at it as an act of mercy and compassion, with the thought in the back of my mind that I should be so lucky when the time comes when I won't be able to look after myself.

The majority of the dogs are strays or unwanted. The other stat I posted is that only 1 in 10 dogs has a permanent home.

In all my years I never thought of euthanizing my terminally ill dogs as "disposing" them. I always looked at it as an act of mercy and compassion, with the thought in the back of my mind that I should be so lucky when the time comes when I won't be able to look after myself.

Euthanizing a beloved pet is not what I am talking about. Most shelters have to kill any dog that does not get adopted in a few weeks. They simply do not have the space.

The disgusting part is they steal people's pets, torture them before they slaughter them. I hope they get bad karma!
How do you know this? Prove it. Cite a reliable source, otherwise it is just another of the multitude of myths you rightwingers take for truth. You have absolutely no critical thinking skills; you just believe whatever you want to be the truth.
You are a moron.
LOL Because I ask you to prove something you state as a fact, that makes me a moron? Hilarious.

The disgusting part is they steal people's pets, torture them before they slaughter them. I hope they get bad karma!
How do you know this? Prove it. Cite a reliable source, otherwise it is just another of the multitude of myths you rightwingers take for truth. You have absolutely no critical thinking skills; you just believe whatever you want to be the truth.
You are a moron.

So you have evidence of such torture? Maybe something on the level of how our meat animals are raised?
She has no evidence of anything, otherwise she would provide it.

Forum List

Back