China to develop more aircraft carriers

Mao may have been a blood stained deceiver but those who have followed after him have not been so bad...

"Not so bad"? ????????

By Global standards Mao was one of the most evil rulers ever to walk the planet. The body count from his wars and purges being the evidence of this. He was a destroyer. But without the destruction of old China that he accomplished I doubt China would be so prosperous. By Chinese standards the latest leaders have been good ones facilitating peace and prosperity. The average Chinese has more choice and opportunity today than in any previous generation. This is an improvement on what came before in pre WW1 China

You have demonstrated your hostility towards Japanese people by expecting them to not modify their constitution in order to be able to defend themselves against Chinese aggression. That shows on your part a clear disregard for safety and security of Japanese people. Your incessant anti Japanese posts are nothing but deplorable.
And your claim that the Japanese constitution was "modified" shows you don't know what you're talking about. The constitution wasn't modified but merely ignored.

Reinterpreting Article 9 endangers Japan s rule of law The Japan Times

Your anti Japan attitude is there for all to see. Japan has right to self defense. Interpretation of Japanese constitution is up to Japanese people not you. They are taking steps to defend themselves. That does not violate Japanese constitution. They are also working to modify the constitution. There is nothing wrong with that. But of course that will prevent China from carrying out vengeance. You do not want that. You want to see Japanese people suffer at the hands of Chinese. Shame on you.
Hilarious.

You find Japanese people getting violated by Chinese aggression hilarious. This further tells me that you have an ax to grind with Japanese folks.
I find your delusions hilarious.

I find your callous attitude towards Japanese folks disturbing.

But without the destruction of old China that he accomplished I doubt China would be so prosperous.

That is an illogical conclusion.

No the interwar Republic also tried to reform but failed because there was simply too much baggage and the Japanese invasion scuppered what progress they made. The corruption of the Late Manchu dynasty and foreign imperialism made it impossible to make proper reforms. Mao not only cleared that out but he also secured Chinas borders (and got the nuclear deterrant) making the later reforms possible. But he himself was more akin to the current North Korean leadership than the modern Chinese leadership and most Chinese were poor and oppressed under his rule. I am not praising Mao - he was a monster but old China had to be destroyed for modern China to rise.

But without the destruction of old China that he accomplished I doubt China would be so prosperous.

That is an illogical conclusion.

No the interwar Republic also tried to reform but failed because there was simply too much baggage and the Japanese invasion scuppered what progress they made. The corruption of the Late Manchu dynasty and foreign imperialism made it impossible to make proper reforms. - he was a monster but old China had to be destroyed for modern China to rise.

Those are more illogical conclusions. Your opinion is ignorant and ill-considered.

And your claim that the Japanese constitution was "modified" shows you don't know what you're talking about. The constitution wasn't modified but merely ignored.

Your anti Japan attitude is there for all to see. Japan has right to self defense. Interpretation of Japanese constitution is up to Japanese people not you. They are taking steps to defend themselves. That does not violate Japanese constitution. They are also working to modify the constitution. There is nothing wrong with that. But of course that will prevent China from carrying out vengeance. You do not want that. You want to see Japanese people suffer at the hands of Chinese. Shame on you.
Hilarious.

You find Japanese people getting violated by Chinese aggression hilarious. This further tells me that you have an ax to grind with Japanese folks.

How many uncles or great uncles of yours died in Jap camps or in the Marines fighting them?

Hilarious.

How many uncles or great uncles of yours died in Jap camps or in the Marines fighting them?

Former enemies meet to honor dead - Baltimore Sun

But you, who had no real part in any of it, pretend to hold onto a grudge that isn't yours to hold? It speaks ill of your character.

Mao may have been a blood stained deceiver but those who have followed after him have not been so bad...

"Not so bad"? ????????

By Global standards Mao was one of the most evil rulers ever to walk the planet. The body count from his wars and purges being the evidence of this. He was a destroyer. But without the destruction of old China that he accomplished I doubt China would be so prosperous. By Chinese standards the latest leaders have been good ones facilitating peace and prosperity. The average Chinese has more choice and opportunity today than in any previous generation. This is an improvement on what came before in pre WW1 China
The reality is that they'd probably be further along if they hadn't had their productive capacity destroyed and put backwards for so many years after the civil war.

Hilarious.

Good one, Darth.

More the merrier I guess.

---

BEIJING: Buoyed by successful trials of its first aircraft carrier, China plans to build more new carriers as it looks to spread out its global naval presence in the midst of maritime disputes with a host of neighbors.

China is planning to build more aircraft carriers in addition to the two-year-old Liaoning, which it purchased from Ukraine and commissioned in 2012, state-run Global Times reported on Monday.

Although Chinese authorities have never openly confirmed whether a homemade carrier is underway, they have also never denied it.

China to develop more aircraft carriers - The Times of India
Maybe we should've considered communist china as a strategic problem before we invested in their industry and moved tens of millons of our jobs there and made them such a big trading partner and let the democrats sell out all of our secrets to them and and and and and and ....

Hilarious.

Good one, Darth.

Get back to the discussion without supporting following:

a) Vengeance against current day Japanese who had nothing to do with past actions
b) Encouraging Chinese hegemony in the region which has potential to create more injustices in the region

Hilarious.

But you, who had no real part in any of it, pretend to hold onto a grudge that isn't yours to hold? It speaks ill of your character.
Had no part of it?

Heard of my grandmother's only son's death all my life.

So, fuck yourself, WWII cast a pall over all of us all our lives.

I wish the fuckers had caught ten more nukes.

Hilarious.

Good one, Darth.

Get back to the discussion without supporting following:

a) Vengeance against current day Japanese who had nothing to do with past actions
b) Encouraging Chinese hegemony in the region which has potential to create more injustices in the region
That should be easy, since I never supported either in the first place.

Had no part of it?

Chinese too have killed Americans. Have you forgotten Korean war? Does this mean Americans should continue to hold grudge against Chinese forever?

If we continue to think in terms of nothing but vengeance then we will never get out of this vicious cycle of vengeance. If you justify Chinese people killing Japanese based on past actions of Japanese then the next generation of Japanese will want vengeance against Chinese too.

Chinese have killed 690,000 Tibetans. Should Tibetans seek vengeance against Chinese who had nothing to do with these acts of Chinese government?

Had no part of it?

Chinese too have killed Americans. Have you forgotten Korean war? Does this mean Americans should continue to hold grudge against Chinese forever?

If we continue to think in terms of nothing but vengeance then we will never get out of this vicious cycle of vengeance. If you justify Chinese people killing Japanese based on past actions of Japanese then the next generation of Japanese will want vengeance against Chinese.

Chinese have killed 690,000 Tibetans. Should Tibetans seek vengeance against Chinese who had nothing to do with these acts of Chinese government?
Considering the ill will shown on this and other boards toward Southerners, any lectures on the past, and forgetting, mean nothing.

Forum List

Back